Does Sup Forums like Coheed?

Does Sup Forums like Coheed?

First time listener. Really digging this album so far.

Attached: Good_Apollo.jpg (325x288, 23K)

Stopped listening to them after thid album but i liked all their previous efforts.

The album singles are so fucking good but I'm having trouble enjoying the rest as much.

If you started with IV you might miss out on some sotry points. It's a bit all over the place but generally you get what they were going for and yeah i agree their singles are amazing.

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth_ 3 is my fav album from them. The Light & the Glass and Blood Red Summer have no right being that catchy.

I'll be sure to check out that album thanks man. His voice..god damn.

I was never really into prog, but I like most of what I've heard from them. I think the guy's voice is what keeps me hooked.

i mostly agree that there's a noticeable quality gap between the singles and non-singles on this album, but that only holds until you hit the willing well suite which is probably the best part of the whole album

their first album is my favorite.

Also make sure you read to Claudio's comic book before listening to Coheed and Cambria as all of their albums are based on it. It's not the best read desu but it will definitely make you understand and appreciate their work better.

>have no right

Why?

They wouldn't shut up about it back then.

If you haven’t already check out The Mars Volta you might dig.

stole lil waynes carter font

In keeping secrets is their best but the production is trash.

Great band

Coheed is far and away the best butt rock band

They were overhyped at the time, but yeah man they're a fun time

extremely soy music

I'm with the others, the first three are the best. 4th album is really good too IMO but it's very "dadrock" and 80s Metal influenced so if you dig that you'll be good. Year of the Black Rainbow is nice and a change of pace. Chris Pennie is a great drummer but sadly he doesn't get showcased much on YotBR aside from Guns of Summer. Then Afterman is kind of a mixed bag and feels like backtracking to older styles with an occasional standout.

I only listened to their last album once and I can't even remember the fucking title. Was pretty dull IMO but maybe I just wasn't in the mood for Coheed at the time, I dunno. I saw them live three times though and they were fucking great. Last year they played the third album all the way through and it was God-tier.

first three are great, but the unsung hero of their discography (at least for me) is Year of the Black Rainbow. The atmosphere in that album is something out of this world.

Coheed & Cambria are pretty damn good but I can't listen to them all the time. After a couple hours it's like I had my fill for the week and need something, anything else.

Because it's so unexpected. Some of the songs are full blown emo too, i guess they never got that tag because they came off more rockish.

The only albums I still enjoy by them are Second Stage Turbine Blade and, to a lesser extent, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth.

Just talking about modern prog makes me hate it a little more.
Like, fuck, could you guys get any more pretentious?

Regardless, SSTB is a sick album.

>the one that grabs AT YOUR ANKLE

first album is actually really good, everything after that is mostly shit