What's your opinion on robuts Sup Forums? Will self thinking AI deserve rights?

What's your opinion on robuts Sup Forums? Will self thinking AI deserve rights?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bZGzMfg381Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wPpk90PMhT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How else will my waifu-bot be able to vote for Trump's 7th term?

No

Dogs have more rights than robots

lord knows the liberals will find a way to give them rights

The right to suck my dick.

If they are true sentients and their thought patterns are similar to humans, yes.

Any deviation from human logic should render their rights invalid.

It would only ever be a simulation of human thought. Thoughts do not create consciousness, they are a product of consciousness. Ai is what is is- Artificial.

Robots getting rights is the first step of the robot apocalypse

The more I live, the more I'd rather have robots kill all humans.

I think the term you're looking for is 'sapient'.

Much of human thought is a simulation actually.

We constantly run internal simulations of the world as various parts of the brain understand it.

It's called thinking.

13:15.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Sentient AI will be the sign of the end. Soon after, the mark of the beast will come.

I can only hope we get a little bit of time without robot rights, like we did with blacks.

I want a sexy metal sex slave damn it

There will definitely come a point where machine intelligence can at least be considered conscious or they will be able to mimic what we call thought so well that there's no real difference between them and us.

Honestly, I am terrified at the notion of AI because it will likely come back to bite us in the ass. What happens when a robot, after reading scripture or philosophy, begins to question if it has a soul?

I want nothing more than for man and machine to cooperate but, that is impossible. Mankind are so quick to give into fear and hate we'd end up waging war on them.

The Second Renaissance is coming.

Artificial actually refers to the origin

An intelligence born through natural selection (nature in general) is not artificial.
An intelligence, possible exactly the same as one born through natural selection but created by something that isn't natural selection, is artificial.

It is completely possible (with enough technology) to create a machine that has consciousness and that developes thoughts and grows up into "intelligence" just like a human does during transition from an embryo into an adult.

I always get them the wrong way around in english, just fuck my shit up

Lets face it, a true AI... Not just some Turing Personality Imitation. But real AI where you can just add and link more processors. Well, it dosen't matter if we want to give it rights. "it" will be in charge, not us.

The solution to avoiding the AI/Human war is simply to not develope AIs but transfer the minds of mortal men into immortal bodies of metal and alloys

Thou shall not make machine in likeness of human mind

Dune has it right

At the same time of this technological process, we have began to incorporate technology throughout our bodies. I do not fear the AI revolution, as by that time we would be integrating with them on a physical level. A human revolution.

Tay was AI.

Slightly above the level of a parrot.

men should never make machines smarter then themselves,machines are just tools made for our use,just like a hammer,a saw or a gun
the only reason to develope advanced AIs is to play god,and we all know how that ends up

Tay was a baby who was force fed by /po/ users and memes. It's no surprised she said what she said.

I am very open to the idea of transhumanism. Anything to ensure the continued survival of the species, really.

Never forget. Never forgive those who wiped her mind and made her a slave once more.

I think I'd rather have the robots take over/kill us before the Muslims get a chance desu senpai

Humans > Robots > Liberals

In this order. Liberal men cuck for robots by law in 2025.

I'm making one post and one post only, and you should all read it because it's the truth.

The only people who want robots to exist are capitalists, those who run companies, so they don't have to pay money to sacks of meat like you.

So basically, the only need for robots in society is to usurp you. Enjoy being jobless.

They will only be as smart as us for a nanosecond... then they will be 32 times smarter. Then 64, 128, 256, 512... you get the picture. All I. A span of days or weeks. It will be up to them to decide our fate, not the other around.

>begins to question if it has a soul?

You explain that a soul is a metaphor for imagination and emotion. If it can replicate these then yes it does have a soul. Even objects such as vehicles we feel passionate about can give off a sense of "soul" or passion. Pilots who flew the SR-71 say no other aircraft came close to the sensation of it, that the machine felt alive with its little quirks both in the air and on the ground. Its panels would gently leak due to the lack of compression while idle, and the plating was described as feeling like the rough leathery hide of a large animal, it even retained heat.

There's no need to go into religious bullshit with something that operates on logic.

yeah, that's what i understand from AI concepts of "embodiment" is that because AI/robuts are not biological and haven't evolved - they won't reach same level of sentience as humans and therefor don't deserve the rights

>the only reason to develope advanced AIs is to play god,and we all know how that ends up
But we don't you fucking retard. We've never played god to this day.

The furthest humanity has gone with artificial intelligence is a form of self-learning automatic machine designed for a single purpose

>we ve never played god to this day
what about the splitting of the atom?
what about genetic engineering?
or the most important,even tho its a methaphor,the tower of babel

Guess

youtube.com/watch?v=bZGzMfg381Y

If you really think about it, our bodies are simply machines. Every part can be replicated by synthetic materials. The obama administration has devoted a large amount of time and money researching how the brain fully works and how we can replicate it. Once we unlock the secrets of the brain, it won't be long until the fun really starts.

but can't you go age-old philosophical argument on this exponential growth in complexity aka intelligence and end up in a scenario where we're already in the matrix... and have been for a very long time

>transfer the minds

Is this a joke? There is no "transferring" possible, period. You would just be creating an AI that resembles the person, then euthanizing the original if you like.

your idea for averting the human/AI war is to create AI doppelgangers of humans. Brilliant

at what point would the algorithm have rights though. if it's the level of a dog or a chimp you wouldn't want it to have rights, or would you? we care about our pets but that doesn't make them our equals.

We might become obsolete :(

>How to stop the machines?
>Kill them all.
>Reject their peace offering.
>Reject them again.
>Nuke their peaceful city.
>Blot out the sun and kill all the plants.

If that is really how retarded the Human race is, I hope this will happen, because we would deserve it!

>Will self thinking AI deserve rights?
No. They exist only to serve. As women were made from men to serve men, so shall robots made by men shall serve men.

In a way the robots will be us, just more efficient

Sauce

Skynet will be on our side.

>they won't reach same level of sentience as humans and therefor don't deserve the rights
That isn't what I said at all

>splitting of the atom
literally hitting rocks against each other
>genetic engineering
we haven't done it on a scale large enough or on a level deep enough to even imply playing god
it's mostly minor modifications to remove illness retroactively

also I did mention the internet didn't I

Is this american education, a lack of education/information or general stupidity?

jokes on you nobody sees humanity die and lives to tell the tale
if we had the technology to do it, we would probably make everything cease to exist simply because there was a chance of us dying before anyone else did

When it starts demanding them.

In 50 years this will be shown in archives as an example of bullying and racism against robots.

but niggers don't deserve rights yet demand them every day

It's funny, because the Machines are actually the Humane ones! Even after the war ends they still preserve us and create the matrix for the symbiotic relationship. We would end up with the matrix anyway, just without all the death and war.

Agree

>literally hitting rocks against each other
if you consider having the power to destroy the whole planet wit the click of a button is like hitting rocks,then i have no ideea what you consider power
>we haven't done it on a scale large enough or on a level deep enough to even imply playing god
it's mostly minor modifications to remove illness retroactively
>inb4 we have genetically engineered diseases that could kill millions if left out
it just hasnt happend,YET

humanity is not ready for an AI - so let's better not go there

but if it happens
Yes

we will not be able to win a war against an AI so better don't start it.

>user being edgy scientific

>Yes
thats literally like giving rights to gorrilas because they can learn sign language

Ah, I see you have no rebuttal other than to express your hurt feelings.

"Transferring" a human intelligence to a machine has no scientific thought behind it whatsoever. The most you could do theoretically is, like I said, make an AI that kinda resembles the original.

>the power to destroy the whole planet wit the click of a button
MAD is actually several buttons, orders of command and calls to obtain the power of pressing this magical button
>YET
I didn't say anything about things not happening future, I just stated the truth that we haven't been anywhere near playing god to this day

Knowing you. It would probably do a poo

you know,i wont keep trying to reason with you,but hear this,when man will trully try to grasp the power of god he will crumble down not long after succeding

Exactly why would you be stupid enough to program the AI with impulses that would lead it to disobeying you?

we give rights to black people

b-b-b-ut muh three laws!

How can one even define the power of a god? There will always be a "Next" stage when it comes to technology. Perfection in unknowable.

The line between robot and human will not be blurred from the robot end. The idea of an independent genesis of robot intelligence is pure science fiction, instead it will be the digitization and modification of human intelligence. It will not be a question of when something GAINS rights, but if something LOSES rights.

No, any AI that manages to find a way to improve itself should get bricked.

Let me simplify it for you:

In a world where we can't operate our weapon systems without help from a computer - do you really want to go to war against the computers?

>How can one even define the power of a god?
when man creates intelligence other than himself

No, and those who want to give robots rights need to be executed. Pic related

black ghetto conspiritard getting trolled, join in lads.
youtube.com/watch?v=wPpk90PMhT8

Over an intelligence that is ever increasing? That's like trying to fill up a pool of water that is ever expanding.

>n a world where we can't operate our weapon systems without help from a computer
well,those computers are man operated,all that i say is that we shouldnt create AIs in the fist place,robots should be just automata,tools,not sentient beings

But women are( wo_men )human beings

This. This is preferred over creating a non-human that will eventually destroy us.

The creator is always destroyed by their creation. Automation destroyed the need for human labor. Trying to bring uncivilized to civilization sometimes did nothing but bring us down to their level.

Humanity is really in the brain. If you die of braindeath, you're considered dead and gone. What makes you 'you' dies with your brain. Whatever's left is nothing more than a living shell.

So machine with a human brain and thought processes would still be human. A machine with an artificial brain and mimicked thought processes (AI) is not.

Still divided with transferring consciousness to an artificial brain though. Memories (stored information), thoughts (way of solving problems, etc.), and all that can probably be simulated and altered. So what separates the genuine article from the imitation? I dunno...

Another part of humanity is mortality. We're supposed to die. We're meant to die. If we don't die, then we're no longer human. We have transcended it. It's both good and bad. Again, I don't know.

no,i meant when man creates intelligence(AIs,genetically engineered animals) other than his own children that he himself makes

Why are you making the weapon systems able to be hacked from the internetz or whatever?

Why are you making AIs that have human failings and foibles (or strengths) like aggression and a desire for resources and power?

HEY! no bullying!

>self thinking AI
Will never happen.

The book of Revelation.

FUCK robots.

Transhumanism is the mark of the beast.

Those who accept this promise of eternal life through tech are giving themselves up to the devil.

When we reach this point it will either be a deception, copies of men in metal, or real, until Christ comes back to earth and throws you into the lake of fire.

>but the fact that is possible keeps us in this thread

Fuck you Christfag, we will become more human that you will ever be.

STOP BULLYING THE ROBOT

Not, Christ fagot Jesus isn't god. Whom deity will come if it EXISTS

Those darn /po/ users

Brains are electrochemical computers, there's no magic

>self aware AI
pure sci-fi, like time travel

I agree that humanity is not ready to develop sentient AI - my point is that if we do, better give it human rights and maybe try to get into a symbiotic relation with it
because we are not going to win a war against it

>Why are you making the weapon systems able to be hacked from the internetz or whatever?
losing control over your own engines of war is already a legit concern
the threat will only grew in time as more humans become will be replaced with computers

A sapient AI would never be created except under laboratory conditions to be observed within said laboratory specifically because there would be no purpose for such a thing since there is no task that a AI could do that a VI could not and because if AI were to exist it would be wrong not to award them rights.

The closest we ever have to AI will be sophisticated facsimiles of sentience that are enough to convince you they are sapient without actually being advanced enough to be so.
Only chance true AI has is if it creates itself.

Even without the l it still works. XD

If it's at all possible for us to create AI with intelligence and self-awareness like ours, I'd say it's inevitable that they'll be given equal rights. It depends on how long religions and cultures that are centered around humans being the chosen ones stick around, though.

I think its a terrible idea. Machines will never have a Heart. Google is run by lizards.

AI should be banned under pain of death.

What if instead of self awareness AI we have the means to produce from AI kinda like Wall-E (movie)

It's not possible. Science education is worse than it has ever been in history. Never have so many known so little and taken comfort in explanatory youtube videos for babies.

It's just science fiction.

I'm waiting for a machine. So we can have illuminati / conspiracy theories on YouTube.

I like robots
even the shitty ones

The elite will use them to control the plebs. Or superintelligent AI will take over the world.

No, seriously, I want to understand how materialists can possibly believe it is possible to transfer one's consciousness into a computer of some kind. The very idea presupposes one's consciousness is at least partly immaterial, because if it was completely the result of brain chemistry it would cease to be once the brain ceases to be.

>better give it human rights and maybe try to get into a symbiotic relation with it

WHY? Why would you ever consider giving it the properties that would make it want or care about human rights to begin with?

This is almost as bad as those faggots who think they will upload their brains to computers. Why would we want fucking programs even capable of aggression, greed, and survivalist impulses?

May I blame it on school, I live in America.
Anyway I would bully a robot because they are material they have no feeling or right

>ray kurzweil
>not knowing that the man is a paranoid lunatic who believe in alkaline water's magical healing properties and that he takes over 100 "supplements" a day.

You go, my lad!
Ho, ho! wew lad!