LISTEN TO LADYTRON NOW!

LISTEN TO LADYTRON NOW!

youtube.com/watch?v=s6jaYJx7yeI

Attached: a5cd29845ccef5b66482149a17bfbb0e.jpg (556x410, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gWKSSl_Xm-U
youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZlBEVHEps
youtube.com/watch?v=1Lwh5gu58oc
youtube.com/watch?v=nlCjRuo8ayM
youtube.com/watch?v=VvK_AY5gfeY
youtube.com/watch?v=sxn1_HhFPiQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what about later?

it's important to listen now.

they only have one good song and you didn't post it

>they only have one good song
[ citation very much needed ]

ebin

listen to their entire discography
notice the one song that is actually good
notice that all the other songs are just poor attempts at recapturing the goodness of that one song
thank me later

Well I choose "never" sounds good?

Is this still the same fucking user that wont shut up about this garbage band?

Must be. I don't see how there could be multiple motherfuckers with such poor taste that would need to shill such a mediocre 6/10 artist.

Yeah, the bullying in high school must have been so bad he can tolerate any bullying he gets here.

it sounds like a really bad idea. but it's up to you.
i listened to their discography multiple times: it's really, REALLY solid. solid as graphene (google it).
>notice that all the other songs are just poor attempts at recapturing the goodness of that one song
that's lame. they have tons of great songs. to name just 10:
destroy everything you touch
seventeen
beauty*2
all the way
discotraxx
blue jeans
deep blue
tomorrow
mirage
international dateline

and no, they're not "poor attempts at recapturing the goodness of that one song"; they're proper songs that stand on their own. they have their own identity.

Attached: _1.jpg (1024x780, 258K)

>to shill
discussing a 19 years old band is not shilling. unless you're an autist on the wrong board.
>such a mediocre 6/10 artist.
tell that to brian eno.
>According to Brian Eno, once a member of Roxy Music: "Ladytron are, for me, the best of English pop music. They're the kind of band that really only appears in England, with this funny mixture of eccentric art-school dicking around and dressing up, with a full awareness of what's happening everywhere musically, which is kind of knitted together and woven into something quite new."
even assuming they're mediocre (they aren't), why do you think people should not post about them? just because it triggers your hyperautism?

well, no need to tell us all these details, kiddo. if you were bullied at school it's unnecessary to project that. you didn't even live with other anons, so stop projecting.

Did I hit a little close to home? Maybe you're the one projecting right now lol.

you didn't hit anything. you just need to stop projecting your own insecurities and start discussing music for a change.

I love Stereolab!

>Ladytron thread
>half the posts are OP

The state of trolling on the internet has come to an all time low. Fuck, I'm more angry at the fact it's become so boring... and predictable.

>the op actually has a discussion instead making a thread and leaving
>oh, the horror!

Yeah man I'm so insecure about listening to what I like I have to create a thread every day trying to convince people like what I like. LOL

Aha, great, dump the nudes.

Goldfrapp have a richer back catalogue and some fantastic jazzy vocals, but Ladytron can rock out better (in their odd little shoegaze way).

You probably have aspergers or crippled so nobody gave you the full beat down.

I reod as Goldfap! hahah what a dumb1 name

more like goldcrapp.

How come an electropop band calls their album '604'? These numbers normally stand for goa, which has really nothing in common with Ladytron...

i'm 100% sure about what i like. and i know that what i like is great.
i love goldfrapp too. quality duo.
still projecting... i rarely had any problem with other people. it depends on your envionment, if you have people to help you if you need help and if you know how and what to talk.

604 is a reference to the film Andromeda Strain. 601 was the computer's code which indicated an error.

it's a weird story:
>It's the area code for British Columbia... we're glad we've attached this strange importance to that number, it crops up everywhere now. We noticed when we stayed in Hamburg in Germany (in a hotel called "Commodore" – pure coincidence), that the number to phone reception from your room was '604'. Moments afterwards the building had caught fire and we were lucky to escape with our lives. I'm not joking.

Attached: MI0003993681.jpg (500x500, 54K)

they have a song holiday601. that's a clear reference to andromeda strain. also they got their cool uniforms because of that movie.

Attached: 6705067.jpg (700x555, 91K)

thanks for this detailed information :D

Do you even listen to other bands? Fuck me.

you're welcome, user.
btw what are your fave ladytron songs?

I was being sarcastic you moron. I hate Ladytron.

i listen to many bands. i insist with this band because they are underrated as fuck. i think they deserve better.
this is the song that made me a fan: youtube.com/watch?v=gWKSSl_Xm-U

Attached: ladytron.gif (312x195, 36K)

you're not even the same user. fuck you.

:D

All the Way, White Light Generator, Beauty*2, Weekend, Fighting in Built Up Areas, High Rise, Playgirl, Paco!

You?

Not me

>motherfuckers with such poor taste
>shill such a mediocre 6/10 artist.
troll logic. make up your mind, dummy. if they have such a poor taste they should "shill" a poor artist, not a mediocre one.

hey playgirl

Attached: 1514862111987.jpg (753x1000, 389K)

Attached: A4839EC1-0121-4C4B-B30B-90EAAC98A8AC-4264-0000070A2B480935.jpg (300x158, 8K)

great list.

all the way, playgirl, deep blue, blue jeans, black cat, i'm not scared, international dateline, soft power, high rise, seventeen, true mathematics, discotraxx, the way that i found you, ace of hz, light & magic

Hey soyboy

Attached: soy.gif (200x200, 860K)

not an argument
brandon, is that you?

You a silly nigger

mad because i exposed your illogical post?

>frogposter
>calling anyone soyboy
my sides

Glass of soy anyone?

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (800x713, 109K)

frogposters are so passe...

Iffy nigga?

Attached: sixnine.jpg (600x600, 76K)

for you ;)

Attached: hello reddit.gif (1221x768, 699K)

are you insane, high or drunk?

More in vogue than Ladytron tbqh desu

No KB, you a loser nigga, up that Uzi nigga

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

you wish

Based post.

anyone who actually started listening to ladytron? thoughts on their music?

mediocre

elaborate

no

Poor

see

No bueno y mierda.

Thin sounding anemic Synthpop full of oontz oontz percussion, weak vocals with sub par musicianship. They rely heavily on long drawn out synth lines. Tired, derivative and vapid. There are far better Synthpop bands.

nice description of yourself

Joto maricon con mal gusto en musica

>Thin sounding anemic Synthpop full of oontz oontz percussion, weak vocals with sub par musicianship.
you confuse them with other bands. they use a lot analogue gear who sound rich, big and punchy:
youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZlBEVHEps
youtube.com/watch?v=1Lwh5gu58oc
their vocals are perfect for their music. it's synthpop, not opera. not everything needs vocal gymnastics, especially not synthpop. kraftwerk got away with monotone vocoded vocals.
sub par musicianship? their songs are extremely well made, catchy and actually memorable.
>They rely heavily on long drawn out synth lines.
how is that even a bad thing? do you even dig the dreampop aesthetic?
>Tired, derivative and vapid.
no. that's just your post.
>There are far better Synthpop bands.
post them.

Seek professional help. Seriously.

Sometimes getting bullied is a good thing so you dont grow up into a fag.

you need professional help, autist. if music discussion bothers you so much, you're on the wrong board, motherfucker.

See you tomorrow on the new Ladyboy thread you make.

what contrived faggot shit

see you tomorrow, idiot who bumps threads he hates. keep up the the good job, moron. you're a necessary evil.

enough about yourself

what soft shifte aids ridden gay bar muzak

boring lol

your comment?

>no Playgirl

someone wasn't around when Ladytron were actually being played on music TV (when that was still a thing)

i posted just 10 random ladytron songs. rest assured that i love playgirl a lot. i remember seeing this video on vh1 late at night (viva la disco or something): youtube.com/watch?v=nlCjRuo8ayM
this song is so charming.

Attached: Ladytron-Playgirl-3.jpg (720x540, 53K)

are there any ladytron fans?

Bump

Bumping from page 9

desu they sound like a female version of kraftwerk...

not 100% true. after their second album ladytron changed their style significantly. i doubt kraftwerk would ever make something like 'high rise': youtube.com/watch?v=VvK_AY5gfeY
still, ladytron's first single 'he took her to a movie' was a nice kraftwerk homage: youtube.com/watch?v=sxn1_HhFPiQ

Attached: Ladytron_artistas.gif (670x414, 121K)

"He took her to a movie" borrows heavily from The Model by Kraftwerk - I'd like to point that out

Wait he already pointed that out, now I look like an idiot on an anonymous internet forum, fuck my life

I feel nostalgia to the late 00's when listening to them. Most of their lyrics are prickly and dark which gives a nice blend with their pop sound.

Completely underrated as a band.

Nub is somehow one of my favorite Rock songs ever hahaha

>now I look like an idiot on an anonymous internet forum
come on, why would you care about such insignificant things?

Started listening to them with Destroy Everything You Touch in FIFA WC 2006 game but didn't go into them that much. Listened to Ace of Hz in FIFA 11 and thought might as well go through their latest album. After that I've only listen to their singles but not in full albums yet for their older works. Currently listening to the first album.

>Completely underrated as a band.
100% agree. that's why i'm trying to make them more visible on Sup Forums.

Attached: 14114698.DSCF0198.jpg (800x535, 29K)

I was being sarcastic. But yeah they borrow a lot of themes and influences from 80's synth pop unsurprisingly. Ladytron isn't that earth shatteringly original but interesting enough.

But your making things worse, I'd rather you let people discover them outside of Sup Forums - this board is a mess of faggotry and trolls at its' best anyhow

they have a nice best of released in 2011. you could listen to it if you want an overview of their career.
>they borrow a lot of themes and influences from 80's synth pop
actually not. this is a huge misconception about them because they uses synths like those 80s synthpop bands. but if you actually pay attention to their music you will notice influences from many genres and eras. fyi this is a list of influences:
>Kraftwerk, My Bloody Valentine, Wire, The Human League, Stereolab, Throbbing Gristle, Serge Gainsbourg, Mantronix, ABBA, Leonard Cohen, Broadcast, Curve, Nine Inch Nails, Aphex Twin, Carpenters, Pulp, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Brian Eno, Lush, 1960s pop, Roxy Music
>Ladytron isn't that earth shatteringly original
actually i doubt anyone else was doing that shoegaze-synthpop hybrid from witching hour before them. they are original in the sense that they have such an unique style; i mean their songs have that ladytron style.

Attached: Ladytron-Best-of-00-10.jpg (1500x1500, 107K)