Mfw unironically I was born in the le wrong music generation

>mfw unironically I was born in the le wrong music generation

Attached: Vegeta_Crying.png (1024x582, 346K)

unironically jump off a tall cliff then

Not before you unironically do it first.

You realize there's a constant dystopic fantasy that current music is bad and past music is good right. In the 80s, plebs loved what modern nonplebs liked. Same thing is gonna occur in the future with your hopefully infertile offspring who will spout out how neocorepop is trash and they weren't born during the golden age of rap starring lil uzi vert and kirko bangs.

>killing self over music
Rapfags, everyone.

Yeah it's interesting how will music evolve. Because "album" concept had been created around 50s, and immediately after it (well almost), we've seen bands releasing amazing albums, but today they're arguably worse. How will kids in 50 years look at the Beatles, Pink Floyd or Björk, Radiohead or GY!BE? I mean will it be too old for them to enjoy and today's shitty rap will be that for them? Or both

They're getting arguably worse* (as less detailed and deep)

Attached: 1520177680999.png (1041x1600, 2.3M)

This only serves as proof that the people who rallied against jazz in the 30s and rock in the 50s were mostly right. Music has really gone downhill since the end of WW2.

>In the 80s, plebs loved what modern nonplebs liked
examples?

man, the kids today are fucking morons on every level
rock?

they wont even respect older rap.

You have all these little faggots shitting on tupac.

I bet you none of these faggots have ever listened to a wu tang clan album or know who de la soul are

How many kids you know fuck with the beastie boys?

Fuck, these little fuckers are already starting to turn on eminem and jay z and 50.

i'm glad i live in the present where rym exists and i can easily find interesting weird shit

And all of those did the same shit with Melle Mel and KRS-One and others. Rose tinted glasses

rym is just discogs and blogspot digging for lazy plebs

way to miss the point dumbass

Francis Bacon wrote that there are four reasons for ignorance:

1. weak and incapable authority misleads people (in rock music, it's the critics, who are too coward to stand up to the powerful music industry)
2. habits (in rock music, it's what the radios play)
3. the lack of general knowledge (in rock music, the audience has hardly any knowledge of the other arts)
4. false wisdom, i.e. people hide their ignorance by pretending to be knowledgeable

And the fourth one is the worst. That is the one that is prevalent in any art whose audience is mainly very young people. They know mostly what is very publicized and marketed in their environment, but often engage in the game of knowing "more" than other young people. The truth is that they only know their idols, and that's precisely why those are their idols. Even when they grow up, they remain mostly ignorant: as you grow up, you stop listening to the music that was around when you were young. Your knowledge crystallizes. What you knew is what you know and, worse, you begin to truly believe that there was nothing else to be known. I found this phenomenon to be widespread among listeners of rock music.

I was lucky enough to grow up with almost no interest in rock music. Therefore I had no idols. When I began listening to rock music, I did it solely on the basis of what sounded interesting. That accounts for the vast majority of my "controversial" opinions. I just wasn't all that interested in finding out what was or was not popular.

Attached: 1521149139927.png (904x1503, 1.11M)

well, probably Ur right but how kids for example treat someone who listens to rock made 100 years ago? Would it be like with classical music today? Most normies react with laughter or say it's boring, but rock is more catchy so that's why I'm wondering

>born in 91
>favourite genres of music peaked between 92-99
>because of the interent I manage to get access to all those tracks/sets/releases etc. without having to have gone out raving and take shit load of drugs which would have been the only way to listen to that shit back then

Feels good man.

see

scaruffi is absolutely fucking based

2005 was a great year faggot

Based.