Comfy acoustic thread

Post and comment on covers, your own songs, anything goes.

vocaroo.com/i/s0hYlI6cmY3Q
>Something Wicked This Way Comes

Song I am working on (needs more verses), would be very keen to hear feedback on lyrics and chord progression. Asthma bad today so voice not on top form unfortunately.

Attached: Vocaroo.png (400x400, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1xbLndiHmLR
flaminghome.bandcamp.com/album/pink-light-the-ghosts
vocaroo.com/i/s1XBZfzzxChn
vocaroo.com/i/s1zKotKivmYN
vocaroo.com/i/s1lTp3Az0tac
vocaroo.com/i/s0VTgkLlOEQu
clyp.it/5dd5fuyn
clyp.it/fhxjzcvx
vocaroo.com/i/s18QNvjWajNV
vocaroo.com/i/s0A8g6rG81It
vocaroo.com/i/s0KskGqguyyI
vocaroo.com/i/s0d3gkReqHBJ
vocaroo.com/i/s05NWIOvMRnF
youtube.com/watch?v=5JiTqY3szJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=_U9BJMrBdYg
youtube.com/watch?v=iIjdJbAUJRk
youtu.be/2V2abwkiRvk
mattyu.bandcamp.com/album/swallowtail-trails
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should try to do some different types of chord phrasing alongside the progression you have. try sustained notes or try to make it not so repetitive.

vocaroo.com/i/s1xbLndiHmLR
>Weak At The Knees - Have Mercy
i love these threads.

Attached: have mercy - the earth pushed back.jpg (1200x1200, 192K)

>so repetitive
Fuck, that’s definitely not what I was going for. 7 chords is quite a lot for one of my own songs, although I have only been playing guitar for eight months.

flaminghome.bandcamp.com/album/pink-light-the-ghosts
here's a short 13 minute folk EP i made with my gf. sorry about the bandcamp shill but its all i have.
hope you enjoy :)

somebody keep the thread up for the next 30 minutes or so. gonna record something a bit more involved.

yeah i can tell there's a good use of a lot of chords in it, however the progression goes by so fast that it sounds like the chord changes are frantic. sometimes less is more, family

vocaroo.com/i/s1XBZfzzxChn
my original "Walk Around" that I've posted here a few times before. i wrote it for some girl I was dating back towards the end of 2017. im trying to appeal to that tumblr-girl demographic lmao

Attached: out in the woods.jpg (989x550, 157K)

here's a shitty cover of castles made of sand

Attached: 1512114664410.png (437x450, 458K)

good job not linking it retard
vocaroo.com/i/s1zKotKivmYN

Pretty good user, works surprisingly well on acoustic.

Eh this didn't really go as intended but here's me fuckin about with a song I wrote a while ago.

vocaroo.com/i/s1lTp3Az0tac

I quite like it, really nice lyrics. Descriptive and communicative without being obvious. I don't have as much of an issue with the chords themselves as the other fella but I think it'd benefit with a bit of a stronger vocal melody. I think that's what's contributing to it sounding kinda "samey" rather than the chords themselves.
>tfw no music gf
But yeah this is comfy little album. Obviously y'all aren't going for technical perfection or anything so I won't critique it on those terms, it's nice for what it is.
r
Yeah I think you're definitely hitting that target demo right on the mark. Really like that dirty guitar tone and you have that rough around the edges vocal quality that's always really cool. Not really my go to kinda music but it's definitely some good shit.

Nice work, not sure I agree that you need more verses though. Perhaps a middle 8 or just an instrumental section. I can hear the Dylan influence.

I do agree with though. Due to the strumming pattern it does get a bit repetitive. Maybe try finger picking for the verses? Up to you. Considering you've only been playing for 8 months, the fact that you've got an actual song finished is very impressive. When I was 8 months in I was still pleased with playing a riff over and over again.

I like it. I'm getting mid-noughties alt-rock feels from it. Sounds like it needs a full band behind it. Really like the ending. Excellent!

Here's my effort.

vocaroo.com/i/s0VTgkLlOEQu

Attached: Car before (3).jpg (814x815, 378K)

The main progression is pretty cool but it repeats so often that by the end it gets kinda grating.

Fair enough. I still like it though, normally I play it in a higher key so the vocals take a bit more precedence so it's probably not typically as grating. Was really just kinda trying to find something to add to it with my electric, though I don't think that really worked either but oh well.

Thanks for both your comments on my piece (OP). Glad you both like the lyrics. I think my voice lets it down a bit too listening back, as I say my asthma was bad this afternoon so I was out of breath at the end of each line. Will continue to experiment with the style of the song to command more attention from the listener.

I really like this. Guitar reminds me a bit of late Bert Jansch, but you have a much better voice than him. I like the electric guitar riff too.

I like this but I think you have gone a little too spartan on the guitar melody at the start, could use a bit more going on.

clyp.it/5dd5fuyn
Demo of a song, im not sure whether to keep the oo's and ah's or make them bass and synth lines

clyp.it/fhxjzcvx
Fuck i posted the wrong version

ehh
vocaroo.com/i/s18QNvjWajNV

Attached: 0105_214353.268.png (632x478, 391K)

Red House Painters - Medicine Bottle

>vocaroo.com/i/s0A8g6rG81It

>9 minutes holy fuck

Taking RHP requests if you guys want, I love these threads.

Attached: mk.jpg (1200x1600, 144K)

do 24 senpai

Attached: 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001.jpg (354x286, 14K)

Started working on a song for the first time after picking the piano back up. Don't know if it works, though.

vocaroo.com/i/s0KskGqguyyI

I like the oos and aahs. I think they work better than a bass or synth would. In fact I wouldn't add much to it at all: your percussive kind of playing hints at everything that needs to be there, and the lyrics are great in a true stream of consciousness kind of way. For that reason I'd say maybe sing them a little softer - they stand on their own pretty well, so maybe try and work your voice more around the melody than the words? It's a great song, man.

I don't know what language this is, but it's got a hell of a groove to it. Your playing is spot on. Gets a little more intense than it needs to be toward the end, though - I get where you're going with it, but the groove you've got and the melody don't really know if they're rock or if they're more laid back, if that makes sense. They would work great either way, but not both.

Your vocals are on point, man. Kind of reminds me of Dashboard's stuff. It really doesn't feel like nine minutes at all, weirdly enough. Well done.

Not bad. The oo aas were a bit odd at first but grew on me the more I listened.

Great guitar work.

vocaroo.com/i/s0d3gkReqHBJ

OP again with another song of mine. I've worked hard to address some of the criticisms of my last song, would be keen to know if this is an improvement.

>vocaroo.com/i/s0KskGqguyyI

I love the chord progression. Certainly doesn't show that you haven't been keeping up the piano lately. Your voice is very smooth too but you maybe go a little too high for your vocal range at a few points. But otherwise great, quite Neil Young like.

>Red House Painters - 24

vocaroo.com/i/s05NWIOvMRnF

Messy first half, forgot how rhythmically odd the beginning is while trying to sing. Thanks for the request!

That's a big compliment, thanks man.

Attached: 640x480bb.jpg (640x480, 22K)

24 is my favorite rhp song
beautiful cover user

Attached: 1511509770629.png (2656x3192, 522K)

bump

Hatchet - Darkening Skies
youtube.com/watch?v=5JiTqY3szJ8
good acoustic for the first bit, little bit more electric and drum near the end, but still good
Hatchet - Revelations of Good and Evil
youtube.com/watch?v=_U9BJMrBdYg
fantastic the whole way through, really nice sound, well played
Hatchet - Where Time Cannot Exist
youtube.com/watch?v=iIjdJbAUJRk
really good acoustics for the first half or so, the decent into more traditional metal near then end isnt great but overall its still a good song

What in the fuck are you on about.

its acoustic song, and theyre mostly acoustic, why are you mad?

youtu.be/2V2abwkiRvk

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 169K)

mattyu.bandcamp.com/album/swallowtail-trails
>contemporary folk, singer/songwriter album

Attached: st.png (1000x1000, 339K)

bump