Redpill me on College

Redpill me on College.

Is it just a debt trap for the poor?

Yes

Ok thanks for telling me.

It's a good deal. It's not without its flaws so Ofcourse people go from one extreme to the next. First it's everything then it's nothing. End of the day the college educated have s higher quality of life overall. There's a handful who didn't go to college that " made it " but that's a very small minority. I'm not talking about master tradesmen and machinist who make over a hundred grand a year but still belch and dig in their ass when Noones looking.

No, it's a liberal indoctrination center

>paying to get indoctrinated
Just know what you are doing

Academia is a huge sham. I have a relative who is an academic and I said that very same phrase. She was like "yep."

Really depends on what course it is.
If it involves internship periods at a place which needs security clearance due to actual dangers, you're on the right track.
Otherwise, it's a debt trap.

Really depends on where you go, what you go for, how it's paid for, etc...

Get a STEM degree. Stop letting your parents claim you on their tax returns. Use those grants and shit to pay for school. Pay what they don't cover BY GETTING A FUCKING JOB. Don't choose a degree type or school that cannot be finished without CRIPPLING DEBT.

My biggest advice, and the thing that really helped me the most would be to use every resource you have available to you, or to just annoy the piss out of someone until you can get yourself an internship in the field that your degree will permit you to work in. If you get one that's paid, they will likely offer you considerably more money than you'd make flipping burgers or serving. Perform well enough that they offer you a job upon graduation. If you want to keep going, perform well enough that you can reasonably make the case for them to pay for your graduate degree. If you can pull that off, you're set.

Source: Sysadmin for a public power system. Making good money with insane job security and going for my grad degree on the company dime. Shit ain't all liberal debt cuckoldry. Just choose your path wisely.

i dont know. every old fuck and their mother tells me just to work trades or retail and climb up. but ive already tried doing both of those and they never go anywhere.

Idfk I had a bad undergrad stem experience but I'm a lot smarter than I'd have been had I had a good experience. Going back for a masters thay'll probably pay off pretty quick, if not get me into a phd program. Like I have anything better to do with my life.

Yes, don't do it. Wasted 6 years of my life, even taught uni during grad school. Feel very guilty.

You do realize, that is the problem with college, right?

People find a career that pays well, a million brown people get degrees in it, and by the time you finish, it doesn't pay as well and it is not nearly as secure.

That's what happened to all of the nursing and healthcare jobs. Computer science. Soon to be stem.

>brother graduated with an accounting degree
>jobless since graduating 8 years ago
>I dropped out my 2nd semester to work a shitty low wage job
>moved up in the company now making $52k/yr +bonus

Grew up in South Dakota. Everyone knew SDSM&T was best college in the region. Most expensive too. When I went there, I noticed I was told EVERY DAY that I was way better of a human being than the people going to WDTI (now WDT) or BHSU.
I knew lots of people at both places and I did not feel superior to them. Wound up transferring to WDT to get a cheaper degree in less time. Wound up working the same job as some SJW who had graduated from SDSM&T. We made identical salaries but I was younger and had spent only 33% as much on education.
Years go by and I wind up in a superior job making double the salary. My brother winds up getting the same job, same salary. He is 10 years younger than I and spent $0 on secondary education. I wish I had swallowed that sweet red pill in 2002.

Depends on what you go for, certain subjects like engi engineering and chemistry are good. But femmenist studies and other such degrees are suicide and retarded.

Job security in the public power field is top notch, but I think you mean job security in a different sense than I do.

Then again, I live in the south, and more importantly under TVA's umbrella of operations. I know a lot of power companies elsewhere have gone to privatization.

Maybe you gotta compete with achmed, but if you get the job, you've got to fuck up pretty damned hard to lose it.

You didn't choose the right field.

You enroll for the diploma. If you're actually interested in learning, go for a trade.

College means access to a lot of jobs you won't have access to otherwise. No matter how well educated you are, some opportunities will not be available without that piece of paper.

Consider the career you want (and the pay) and the cost of college. Don't go to a 30k a semester private college for "communications". That is the hardcore debt trap.

There are some prestigious state schools (dependent on where you live) with reasonable tuition.

Somewhat, but there is such a shortage of healthcare workers that wages will stay high. Especially higher level providers since there are significant barriers to entry.

>accounting

Found your problem.

i hope you honestly dont think so. a lot of career fields are expanding and that degree can be used very well.

I'm sure your brother wouldn't agree.

For every 100 men there are ~140 women graduating from college. This is despite the fact that men score higher on all tests

The above proves that university is not about knowledge or learning. Not saying you can't get a good engineering degree and be successful, but you're probably better off learning on your own and starting your own business. There's no reason to pay thousands to hear professors read your textbook out loud for hours a week after you've already read them, (I've had 4 classes where this is all they did) when you could actually spend that time learning and bettering yourself

geophysics is in 2 separate tiers

College only has value if you degree is STEM. Otherwise, vocational school is a WAY better option for most people.