/classical/

Prince of Madrigal edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. is kill. rip Papillons
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. kill
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Attached: R-3431215-1336149777.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IJlXqZF1yjE
youtube.com/watch?v=dFkBk7hEPhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EY5RcR-LQj4
youtube.com/watch?v=1bKlWxFSpTI
youtube.com/watch?v=pZZkxLY9uqc
youtube.com/watch?v=OzerJmdStq8
youtube.com/watch?v=8hk3rKIW3qg
youtube.com/watch?v=VuNuCoV4Sqg
youtube.com/watch?v=fofY99zsD_o
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=68&v=lf_cE3jMRiM
youtube.com/watch?v=uMMhqQMTubo&list=PLBC0240CE73E27C10
youtube.com/watch?v=12X-i9YHzmE
youtube.com/watch?v=nopIXLy8gro
youtube.com/watch?v=eTZ33EVK3Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=ISBNqJZVrXM
youtube.com/watch?v=uPHyFozUNMk
youtube.com/watch?v=U0VsTnuipEE
youtube.com/watch?v=SguNpDynB2k
youtube.com/watch?v=YATGRr_a-M0
m.youtube.com/watch?t=85s&v=Y3JQSPCVuLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Beethoven's 9th>Beethoven's 5th>Beethoven's 1st>Beethoven's 2nd>Beethoven's 8th> Beethoven's 6th>Beethoven's 7th>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beethoven's 3rd

Attached: beethoven.jpg (542x261, 23K)

I was more going for Karajan tends to be more large and big, bombastic could have been the wrong word but he's great at pieces that are powerful.

>t. implies Beethoven's anything could be lesser

Attached: (you).png (637x631, 24K)

>6 and 7 that low

Attached: 1457237997242.png (600x800, 394K)

Joaquín Rodrigo - A l'ombre de Torre Bermeja
youtu.be/IJlXqZF1yjE

Is there a bigger meme piece than Canon in D?

Attached: D-A-Bm-F#m-G-D-G-A.gif (840x488, 511K)

>the third the worse
>the fucking first the third
Sir I kindly invite you to GO FUCK YOURSELF

Excuse me kind gentlemen, allow me to make a question regarding a text, if you will: I'm currently reading Walter Piston's Counterpoint, and on the topic of melodic curves, he eventually brings up "smaller melodic units", which he describes as "each giving its own cadential impression". Given the explanation is pretty much limited to this, could any one help me clarifying what he meant by that? Until then, he was presenting examples of score parts to show how the line retreated in the other direction after an interval jump, plus how maintaning the melody in a certain zone furnishes pitch balance, that is, uniformity in tone. The example he uses to illustrate the smaller melodic units is supposed to have "breaks" in the continuity of the melodic curve, but it doesn't seem to have that much of a "break", at least not to the extent I'd expect on an example. Overall, I'd just like clarification on what he meant with each small melody having "its own cadential impression", I believe that's the key I'm missing.
Have I made myself clear enough? Please let me know.
Anyway, I thank anyone who might try to help me.

>1st and 2nd that high
>7th is second to last

Attached: baitoven.png (625x626, 111K)

Are you the user who always post Villa Lobos? Just wondering.

kek

Nope, you'll have to believe me if I tell you I haven't listened to him in my life. I'm just spanish so you'll have to forgive me for endorsing our music

>taking the true list and reversing it

devilish

Attached: Eldritch.jpg (233x217, 10K)

see

>9th last
don't make me post the same image again you jokesters

>I'm just spanish so you'll have to forgive me for endorsing our music
I don't have to forgive shit bitch. That shit's gay and not even /classical/. Nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=dFkBk7hEPhQ

this is some dank shit

Damn you must be really stupid. Thinking this is gay is at least in the realm of my comprehension but claiming it's not classical just blows my mind. Could you elaborate on that or are you so fucking stupid you can't form an argumentation?

>Could you elaborate on that or are you so fucking stupid you can't form an argumentation?
I won't elaborate on it. You don't deserve an answer. Listen to Bach instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=EY5RcR-LQj4

youtube.com/watch?v=1bKlWxFSpTI

youtube.com/watch?v=pZZkxLY9uqc
>tfw 14:58
i cum evry tiem

forgot how much I love Grieg

also timestamps on good parts are what /classical/ needs more of, makes me more attentive when I'm listening and encourages playing back interesting parts, whether for dynamics or whatever it may be

>he doesn't even mention the 4th
based

There's a 4th?

Just listen to WTC
youtube.com/watch?v=OzerJmdStq8

Glenn Gould is smarter than you and understands Webern better than you!
youtube.com/watch?v=8hk3rKIW3qg

What are the manliest and less manly musical instruments?

Attached: 1480333136477.jpg (640x560, 59K)

manliest - contrabassoon, cymbals
less manly - harpsichord, violin

probably, since he's a professional pianist and I'm not

manliest
youtube.com/watch?v=VuNuCoV4Sqg
least manly
youtube.com/watch?v=fofY99zsD_o

Bach

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=68&v=lf_cE3jMRiM

>youtube.com/watch?v=fofY99zsD_o
wat

my thoughts exactly

You know Gesualdo was kind of like OJ. Both have royal lineages, both murdered there wives and lovers with pointy objects and got away without punishment, both are half-black.

Wrong.
7 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 9 > 8 > 4 > 1
Oh yea and 2.

3 > 8 > 9 (first three movements) > 7 > 6 > 5 > 9 (last movement) > 4 > 1 > 2

What's your favorite recording of 8? Or anyone at all, best 8 recording?

youtube.com/watch?v=uMMhqQMTubo&list=PLBC0240CE73E27C10

Scherchen, easily.

manliest:
youtube.com/watch?v=12X-i9YHzmE

Manliest: Cello. Strong sound, you use it as if it were your dog or a woman, unlike the double bass where you look like a little boy.
Least manly: Flute. Too gentle a sound, played by poofs like Fred the Great.

youtube.com/watch?v=nopIXLy8gro
>that third movement

You have ten seconds to respond with the best symphony of the 20th century

NO MAHLUH ALLOWED

>Mozart underrater
>smart

nice joke

Attached: 1317916412370.jpg (257x287, 12K)

>poofs like Fred the Great

Attached: U mad.jpg (471x599, 49K)

Thanks for this

Attached: cover.jpg (500x500, 144K)

Maybe Sibelius 4 or 2? The symphony is really a genre of the 19th century or at least Romantic idiom so I'll go with the best dinosaur.

Shostakovich 8

>You know Gesualdo was kind of like OJ. Both have royal lineages, both murdered there wives and lovers with pointy objects and got away without punishment, both are half-black.
how much of this is true?

what’s a good violin brand for a beginner? also some pieces that are easy to learn but not basic like When I hear the first part of hungarian dance it seems to me that I could play something like that

Gesualdo was a prince, OJ's ancestors were royalty

Second Gesualdo is agreed upon, OJ allegedly.

Third Gesualdo is from Italy (where moorish stock is strong) and every agrees OJ's father was a white drag queen and his mother a black lady. It may be better to say both are non-white.

i mean... he might have talked shit about mozart but he recorded his piano sonatas better and truer to the original than most people who claim to like him

sorry, can't think of any, it's a stupid dead art form that belongs in the 19th century with the rest of romantic crap

he made afucking mockery of them by playing them at a snail's pace;

Attached: 1520135893186.jpg (867x873, 311K)

that's not true at all, maybe go listen to them?
he plays third movements FASTER than most people do. And it works really well. Most people play them really daintily and with low energy and I'm pretty sure that Gould's interpretation is closer to what Mozart wanted rather than the dainty image of Mozart we have that's actually influenced by Romanticism.

for example nobody else really does justice to K332, 3rd movement (couldn't find a youtube sry)

Uchida is the best for 1st and 2nd movements, Gould for 3rd

But even when he does play slowly. It's not mockery. Actually listen to this and tell me it isn't amazing youtube.com/watch?v=eTZ33EVK3Ug

ironically in the early 19th century piano was considered a girl's instrument and violin was manly

>he recorded his piano sonatas better and truer to the original than most people who claim to like him
How many shekels did Gould's estate pay you to post this?

No, it sucks and everyone knows it.

you probably just don't like mozart
i bet you're one of those people who are like "oh I hate mozart except for the Requiem and the symphonies/concertos in minor"

Ame are you back after so long an absence?

Petzold's Minuet

Attached: 1518816956170.png (329x242, 121K)

More of a String Quartet 16 and Fantasy and Fugue guy myself

youtube.com/watch?v=ISBNqJZVrXM
youtube.com/watch?v=uPHyFozUNMk

Attached: 1520964123617.jpg (670x671, 79K)

Contrary to surname Gould had not a drop of Hebraic blood flowing through his drug addled veins

Attached: 1514160030083.jpg (426x481, 29K)

hum dee dum dum
>Glenn Herbert Gould was born at home in Toronto on September 25, 1932, to Russell Herbert Gold and Florence Emma Gold (née Greig),[4] Presbyterians of Scottish and English ancestry.[5] His maternal grandfather was a cousin of Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg (who was himself of Scottish ancestry).[6][7] The family's surname was changed to Gould informally around 1939 in order to avoid being mistaken for Jewish, given the prevailing anti-Semitism of prewar Toronto and the Gold surname's Jewish association.[fn 3] Gould had no Jewish ancestry

you just posted this to bump the thread

youtube.com/watch?v=U0VsTnuipEE

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=SguNpDynB2k

Albert Huybrechts

youtube.com/watch?v=YATGRr_a-M0

What's your favorite op. 1?
Mine is Samuil Feinberg's Piano Sonata No. 1. Can't find a link sadly.

Tchaikovsky

m.youtube.com/watch?t=85s&v=Y3JQSPCVuLM

Attached: 3364770_stock-photo-woman-performer-with-violin-in-studio.jpg (397x600, 64K)

>puts 9 and 5 as first and second best
>randomly orders the rest
that's what it looks like to me

Prokofiev 1

Okay /classical/ how should i order my classical albums in folders? I was planning on doing it by composer but of course plenty of albums have works by various composers so what do? Anyone been able to crack this ancient riddle?

Pic related (don't mind terrible album naming i'm sorting that out)

Attached: Screenshot (2).png (1920x1080, 174K)

I'm guessing you like mozart

i just do composer > form > piece, don't really see the need in keeping albums together

ex: beethoven > piano sonata > piano sonata 18 > audio files

That's pretty clever, cause the music library app sorts the files into albums already hummmm. I think i'll do that but also keep a copy of the albums as I upload some of them to a private tracker site. Ty