What happened to the world that musicians and music now a days are so fat and ugly...

What happened to the world that musicians and music now a days are so fat and ugly? Go back and watch heavy metal parking lot, look at the band photos of metal bands from the 80s, look at rock musicians in the rock and roll hall of fame. It seems like everyone back then was in shape, unlike now a days where it seems like everyone's a fat slug. I was at Maryland Death fest a few years ago, it seemed like everyone on the scene was fat. It sucked. What the hell happened? How did stuff turn out this way? I want an actual good socio-cultural analysis of why this garbage happened, so please don't let me down.

Attached: bon-scott-acdc-02.jpg (700x892, 139K)

Hedonists typically don't have healthy diets.

That doesn't explain anything. People in the past were more likely to be thin, if you google the progression of fatness in western culture, it's actually gotten worse over the decades.

How the fuck can you be this retarted. Like 90% of musicians are NOT fat, AT ALL

Attached: 1512139470046.jpg (1066x600, 68K)

>if you google the progression of fatness in western culture, it's actually gotten worse over the decades.
>musicians who are citizens of western culture are getting progressively fatter
gee that was hard

Okay cool, but now tell me why this shit happens.

Sometimes I wonder what guys like Bon actually did have to eat during the day. He must have had at least one decent meal during the day and lifted some weight or worked out a little bit in spite of all the drinking. He was a pretty good looking dude all in all for how fucked he was.

Apparently he wasn't really an alcoholic, but he died because he drank too much for just one night. Shit's really unfortunate.

In the past all the bedroom musicians dreamed of being rockstars because the idea that they could if they tried hard enough was being sold to them on TV.
Now with the internet and all the shit that brings in with it no one's being sold the rockstar narrative. Everyone's being sold the dream of being a creative person who might be able to support themselves doing what they love in their bedroom. You look at the entirety of the new wave of prog guitar wank that sprung up in 2010 like Animals as Leaders, Plini, Chon and all that. Particularly Plini you'll see in every bit of promo material he has on his facebook it's this idealized instagram perfect caricature of an independent musician lifestyle. He's got this sweet looking guitar that everyone's got to buy if they want to be like him and it'll be shot with a really nice DSLR in a nice living room. Housing is so fucking expensive at the moment when people see shit like a nice living room or a nice wooden floor they're like "Fuck I wish that was me on that floor instead of all of his merch.". Then they do all these instructional videos, camps, tabs etc, all training the next generation of watered down copy cats to make music just like them. Even the shots of the bands from the live shows you rarely ever see a picture from the audience or side stage of the band. It's always a selfie of the band members facing out into the crowd of adoring fans so you see it through that lens and wish it was you up there with all those fans not having to work your shitty day job.
I just think it's a sign of the times in the current job and housing market, telling everyone they might be able to be a rockstar if they try hard enough seems too far fetched but telling everyone they might be able to pay their rent if they try hard enough seems achievable.

Attached: Diet Plini.png (783x817, 175K)

It is the same dude posting, basically to sum up, rock and roll was selling sex and attitude to the masses while now artists are selling music to other musicians who don't care about looks.

You dont know shit you fucking retard.

Have you seen what janis joplin looked like?

Look only matter post MTV.

In the radio days it didnt matter what you looked like

Have you listened to interviews from the surviving members? He would regularly down bottles of whiskey before shows, do tons of blow and eat like shit.

No, but that sounds interesting. Any links to those interviews?

>hey let's just invest in food, as long as it's all that interests our decayed elites

>skinny as fuck
>no muscle definition
>hair
Fucking Justin Beiber can kick his ass at this point. You're delusional if you think current musicians aren't better looking/more fit. Especially with guys as ugly as Hendrix, the singer from Aerosmith or everyone in Steely Dan making it big.

>bon scott
>not ugly

Are you serious my dude, bon was ugly as shit. He was a chad sure but his face reminds me of the 56% face. Also he was a bus driver, and Brian worked construction.

Actually when the MTV era started, it became a lot more important for musicians to be good-looking and attractive to 12 year old girls. A lot of veteran artists from the 60s-70s were too old/ugly to be suitable for MTV videos.

Sabbath and Priest were also real blue collar rockers from a factory town. Playing in a band was a way for working class kids to get out of a life toiling in a factory or a mine.

"I swear, you go backstage now and everybody's got a bottle of Perrier Water and a fucking bag of nuts. Why does everything have to be so clean and healthy?"

Attached: lemmy.jpg (800x449, 69K)

I mean, shit, Frank Sinatra had hordes of teen girls throwing their panties at him and he wasn't the least bit attractive.

>that
>good looking
Terrible taste.

>You're delusional if you think current musicians aren't better looking/more fit

I mean, it was 40 years ago when people didn't have all of today's health and medical care and everyone smoked everywhere in public.

t. soyboy

Judging by what the Young brothers have said, he lived mostly on a fast food diet.

fucked? He was a really sly guy. He was a veteran prog rock frontman and knew what's up.

the stones were spoiled brats, the beatles too.

Stones sure but the Beatles were as chav/working class as it got.

I suppose methamphetamine is no longer so popular as it was among metal and rock bands in 80s

Meth was a 90s more than an 80s thing. Nu metal was essentially meth music.

Didn't Frank Zappa live mostly on a diet of canned hot dogs and fried oysters?

When he first auditioned for the band, he was a lot older than the Young brothers, like 27 and they were 19-20. They joked that he was too old to rock but he figured they were just kids and they needed an older, experienced hand to guide them.