Iceland is a European countr-

>Iceland is a European countr-

I've seen Europeans classify Greenland as part of the European subcontinent/peninsula/region before, so I don't think they will give up Iceland.

I always thought Iceland too far from the mainland to be European

Both are considered to be in the european sphere of influence, but not geographically.

Continents have nothing to do with plate tectonics. It was plate tectonics which were erroneously given the moniker "continental plates" thousands of years after the concept of a continent. Not the other way around.

So are you saying Iceland is part of the Eurasian continent or North American continent?

The European Continent.

America is so fat.. that the tectonic plates crack under it's behind.

iseuropeacontinent.com

Continents are just an arbitrary cultural decision.
For example in France and Italy America is considered a single continent, not two.
Have you ever asked yourself what the 5 rings of the olympics stand for?

Europe and Asia were the first continents defined by the Greeks thousands of years ago. How could it not be a continent?

Looks like a nice place

I always thought it was for the continents that aren't an island full of British prison-rape babies.

Iceland is in Europe. Greenland is in North America

Iceland is in the atlantic nowhere near eurppe

Iceland self-identifies as trans-European, you shitlord.

Continents aren't defined by tectonic plates. It's a cultural-historical classification. Dunno why some retards in this board keep insisting with that.

It's closer to Great Britain and Norway than the US and Canada. More important, they don't consider themselves Americans

So what was the original reasoning for separating Europe and Asia as continents? I've never been clear on that but perhaps you know? Where was the boundary (politically and/or geographically) and what about that boundary was so significant that they said "beyond here is a different continent"?

Iceland is rightfully Irish.

white and not white, civilized and uncivilized

There was a ton of civilization in the middle east back then. And I don't think the Greeks were hung up on whiteness the way Sup Forums is.

Ancient Greeks were kind of small scale in their classification of continents.
I'm talking about Europeans during the Age of Discovery through the 20th century

The funny thing is, other civilizations have continents as well. In ancient china for example they 5 or 6 continents with China in the middle.

Historical.but the Urals as a limit becomes irrelevant in Russia.

irish people first people in iceland

btfo

Until Greenland declares independence and joins NAFTA