Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's failure?

Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's failure?

Can't people just admit that they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time?

Movie looked like shit - that's why people didn't see it.

Just like Ghostbusters 2016

It was shit, no one I know likes it.

what on earth would drive you to make repeat threads? is it autism? please answer.

nah no way. It was released at the start of the 3D trend as Dredd 3D.

Movies with 3D in the title were CGI Imax gimmicks and pure shit like spy kids 3D. It's a red flag of poor quality.

That said I had no interest in the character so that didn't help but I'd have had more interest in Dredd than Dictor Strange a movie a trailer convinced me to go see. A movie that's not a patch on Dredd.

i like it
i thought we were close, user

The mix of 3D, poor marketing, and for some reason some people still having a bad taste in their mouth from the 90's Stallone movie.

I wish I had seen it in theaters and kind of in 3D since I've never been able to watch it that way yet. I only had one friend who saw it in theaters in 3D and I think he said he didn't like it but he has shit taste in film.

it was marketed as dredd 3d and there weren't a lot of commercials for it. it was very easy to walk by a poster of it or read the title and think it was just a showing of 90s judge dredd in 3d. the average person doesn't know anything about the comics in the first place so a remake of a shitty 90s movie starring a guy with brain damage isn't very lucrative or appealing. also the movie was ok.

I caught it in theaters on the last day, and the 3D really helped. Made the hallways seem longer, made the atrium seem deeper, and the slo-mo stuff was prettier.

I'm not sure it's worth watching any other way.

I thought we wuz partners.

>they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time

you what

How is Dredd cap shit?

Hes a hard as fuck cop in a sci-fi future setting and he fucks people in the ass for breaking the law

He ends the movie by throwing a bitch down a mega complex and turning her into paste

>they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time
You must be young as fuck.

>Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's failure?
because it did actually have bad marketing

Myself and my friend watched it one day, we decided we didn't identify with a guy who just kills people who are getting high and turned it off.

Shit movie honestly.

it's a real shame that this movie underperformed, it was great

INCENDIARY.

Bad marketing is what everyone says when they like a movie that most people don't like.

But I like Dredd a lot.

(((((((((((((((You)

I'm with Op, I couldn't identify with a villain.

It's literally a comicbook movie.

>every comic book is cape shit

son please stop posting

>no stars
>fairly low budget production, minimalistic plot/setting
>bad rep because of the Stallone version
>no mass appeal in the first place, like Punisher, Blade, etc.
It's not what normies want from capeshit. It's a movie made for the video market, for people who still watch 80's action movies at home. If the first Blade was released today, it'd probably flop too.

>capeshit
thing is the character, and movie, are about as far away from capeshit as you can get and still be based on comics

people are still flocking in droves to see the latest capeshit releases so it isn't an issue of not being interested, its more the marketing. I don't really remember any ads for it and having 3D in the title makes people think it'll be garbage like piranha 3D

the main strength of dredd is just enjoying it ironically. enjoying it like you might enjoy Cobra or some other garbage movie about this cornball tough dude killin' SCUM. not to say that Dredd is some kind of parody movie; it plays it fairly straight. but you can tell in various parts that it knows how absurd it's being.

it is a great movie to watch, especially drunk, with a few bros that can appreciate that angle.

as an action movie the action is pretty terrible, especially for modern times. the story is pretty basic. i thought the dynamic between dredd and anderson carried it though.

Drink some coffee, user, goddamn.

i wouldnt call A History of Violence capeshit

I'd really blame bad marketing. I saw the trailers in theaters and some of the advertisements, and they made it sound far far worse than it was. Once I actually watched it, after I read all Judge Dredd comics and Megazines, I really enjoyed it.

is from hell "cape shit"? retard

is this what you do for fun, troll Sup Forums?

Dredd is the funniest movie of the 2010s hands down.

>tfw sequel never because marketing department failed you
Now I know why the big guys spend half their budget on marketing.

its a magazine you cunt

Why do people pretend that movies that didn't make lots of jewbux are bad?

Dredd was fucking GOOD

So we're not only pretending shit movies were good now, we're pretending great movies were shit, too. All for that delicious attention mommy never gave us.
This board is liquid shit.

Dredd is for geeks who know the comics and is pure kino. Normies will never get it.

Dredd is a gateway drug to the comics

They called this a cult film while it was still in theatres

I like how they put Chopper graffiti in there. A nice nod to those who followed the comics.

I liked it.

Dredd was nowhere near the start of the 3D trend. That's part of why the 3D gimmick didn't appeal.

The reason that a successful film will never be made of Judge Dredd is that the only way to make a parody comic book hero legible as a parody in movies is to spend the same amount of money you would on playing it straight, and the number of people who would get the joke makes that commercially inadvisable.

You're acting like people knew it was capeshit. No one did, at least not in the US. No one associates Judge Dredd with comics, they associate him with a terrible Stalone movie. That, compared with marketing that made it look like a schlocky, gimmicky remake of a bad movie meant that no one wanted to see it.

this is one of those movies where the time flies by. It seems shorter than the 90 minute runtime because it's so much fun

Maybe he's a shill.

But Dredd is not capeshit.
Stop using Sup Forums's memes incorrectly.

i thought WE

He doesnt kill anyone for being high, he only kills armed niggers and thugs who are trying to kill him.