Star Trek Tv show

>Star Trek TV series to be more graphic
>considering actors for his roles in “a colorblind prism and a gender-blind prism.”
>the series would continue exploring "progressive" themes.
Who is ready for some hard hitting episodes of trans aliens talking about their sex life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DjK9GJMBpt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Star Trek already had that shit.

>inb4 sexual organs meme

Enterprise was the gayest shit ever, all I could think while watching it was quantum leap intro

youtube.com/watch?v=DjK9GJMBpt0

Yeah, Riker was banging that tranny alien, and that one with the ass forehead.

Hah, this is going to be such a shitshow. Crying will be heard from Gene's grave.

Commander, tell me about your sexual organs.

I don't know what they were thinking with that choice of Captain. They literally could've just hired some no name, ex military commander he he would've blown that shit up. But no, they had to go with the gayest guy ever.

Ready for more based aliens like shran and dukat . Filthy pink skins

I came here to post this

>star trek wasn't always like this
have you seen any episodes of star trek before? the show has always been rooted in logic, but sometimes they sort of jumped the shark with proto-SJW bullshit.

And yet he still managed to be a better captain than Janeway

Janeway is a good captain if you manage to get to the middle-later seasons of Voyager

I am still cautiously optimistic

It can't possibly be worse than what JJ Abrams shat out

JJ Abrams is a hack, and his movies pandered to people who wouldn't like star trek without "muh action scenes".

It's definitely not going to be worse than either of the movies. I'm just hoping it will be like later TNG episodes and First Contact

SPOONHEADS OUT

>Who is ready for some hard hitting episodes of trans aliens talking about their sex life?
There's been all sorts of weird species with weird modes of reproduction.
There was that time that captain got pregnant.
That time Riker was hanging out with thay androgynous alien, I think they banged
All you making this thread shows is that you've probably never watched any Star Trek.

>There was that time that captain got pregnant.
No it was Tripp, the chief engineer.
>That time Riker was hanging out with thay androgynous alien, I think they banged
They did not, also it was a she.

Thinking about it it wasn't a captain, I don't think, it was some male officer. He was kind of raped. He goes on the alien ship and the chick says "wanna play a game where we put our hands in this bowl of rocks" and next thing he knows he's pregnant.

>They did not
There's no proof of that.. Riker bangs just about everything

He's like Anthony Bourdain, but with sex, in space

kirk was pretty much the same

Who did they cast for the crew? I'm on mobile and can't find shit.

LBGTP Trek

All those things already happened in TNG and DS9... There's that episode with Riker and the androgynous woman, the episode with Dax and her ex wife hooking up, the episode in witch Quark gets a sex change to promote feminism to some ferengi businessman, and all that mirror universe episodes where almost all major female characters were bi/lesbians... Not to mention that Dax was openly bi/pansexual through the entire series.

it's still unknown, we will probably learn more once the shitty movie comes out.

SPOONHEADS LEAVE BAJOR!

It's going to pander to the JJ Abrams "muh action lazers" crowd. Only 13 episodes a season and a actual story arc instead of the "adventure" format. It's going full liberal SJW normie tier.

>Star Trek
Get that drek outta my face.

>liberals know their ideas don't have popular support
>a brand new liberal show would have shitty ratings
>LET'S BUY AN EXISTING IP AND THEN SUBVERT IT INTO OUR AGENDA

They've been doing this for 20+ years now. It doesn't work. They just kill the IP.

Star Trek, all the way back to the 60s, has been a very progressive show.

The first interracial kiss ever was on Star Trek in the 60s.

>Farscape
Get that drek outta my face

I still want a Garrak spinoff from the cold war dominion days. Hnnnngh

Star Trek was always liberal. It's just that liberals really went off the deep end in the past decade.

I don't think they've announced anyone yet, and we're still apparently months away from them releasing plot details.

Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future was humans of all races working together for a common goal. But, he didn't buy into all this PC bullshit and I don't know what his stance was on gays.

>Black Kirk
>White Uhara

EXPECT IT

may not be decided, more details 'around comicon' whenever that is

>normie's first sci-fi

Star Trek is leftist trash.

>serialized television is liberal and sjw
This place has driven you crazy.

Science fiction is an appropriate place for seven-gendered rainbow nonsense. Gene therapy, alien biology and cyborg implants are enjoyable things to speculate about. It's when people insist on wearing their flawed 21st-century-tier body mods to the workplace that you have problems.

There's a fantastic book written by the actor who played garak. A stitch in time

he was all for him, that's why in early TNG you see men in skirts

the thing about Roddenberry was that he generally presented such things in a 'natural' setting, ie didn't call things out but just had them in the background like it was normal. If we have gay romance and tranny aliens at the forefront of the storyline, that's going to be kind of bullshit

>implying ANYONE fucking watched Andromeda

It was good but that was the problem no one watched it because it was a Saturday day time show

I unironically can't wait for Fuller to transform Star Trek into a story of Kirk/Spock homolust.

>It was good

I dunno man I watched 2/3 of one episode and wanted my money back

I didn't even spend any money

Wait, that's Andromeda? Disregard my post, damn thumbnail was way too smal.

I signed up for this website just to like that comment

if it's another remake no one will watch it anyways

You need to watch it from the beginning and understand the plot and character motives. It had a much better plot than >muh federacy
and
>muh exploring and monster of the week

Plus it was dark as shit.

Shit like farscape was for faggots. Literally. Every farscape fan I met was a homosexual.

Screencapping

>It can't possibly be worse
It can and it will, user.

>Shit like farscape was for faggots. Literally. Every farscape fan I met was a homosexual.
Can't deny. But it was still a great show.

Based as fook

>Farscape

I liked it as a teen, but i recently rewatched it and its just utter garbage.
Meanwhile TNG and DS9 are still fucking awesome.

How "progressive" would Firefly be if it were made by modern cuck Whedon?

Stargate SG1 was better than those two shit shows combined

>not being Pro-Cardassia

A pink-skinned unwed Fed-propagandized ex-terrorist Bajoran professor (unaccredited) and self-sealing stem bolt salesman was teaching a class on The Celestial Temple, known hoax.

“Before we begin, let's get on our knees to worship The Prophets and accept that they were, are and will be the most highly-evolved beings the cosmos has ever known, greater than any corporeal life!”

At this moment a brave, patriotic, pro-state Gul and visiting tourist who served 1500 tours of duty in the Cardassian Union's armed services and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decisions made by Central Command stood and held up a reverse-ratcheting router.

“How was this made?”

The arrogant professor crinkled his nose and smugly replied “By divine inspiration from the Tears of the Prophets, Spoonhead.”

“Wrong. We created it 5,000 years ago. Our unparalleled education system raised the scientists who engineered the design. Our fearless leaders had the vision to expand to the stars and enlighten your backwards planet. You learned everything you know from us. If The Prophets were real, they wouldn't have made a universe where routers need to ratchet in reverse.”

You high or something? That show was degenerate enough already.

The professor was visibly shaken and dropped his PADD of Orb Prophecies. He stormed out of the room crying those religious Denebian Slimedevil tears.

The students awoke from their Vedeks' indoctrination, applauded and registered Reconciliation that day and accepted Cardassia as Bajor's benefactor. A vole named Obsequience crawled into the room, perched atop the Gul's flag and shed a tear on the PADD. The Never-Ending Sacrifice was read several times and Enabran Tain himself showed up to confirm the Obsidian Order knew all their secrets but would keep them in exchange for loyalty.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gerrold plague, Regulan Bloodworms, and was tossed into the superstitious locals' Fire Caves for all eternity.

Vivat Detapa

>Shit like farscape was for faggots. Literally. Every farscape fan I met was a homosexual.

Maybe that's why I thought it was mediocre at best

>Caring about live-action "Outlaw Star"

How so? The only thing I can recall that would trigger Sup Forums is one interracial couple.

>Enterprise was the gayest shit ever

Agree, except for T'Pol.

how so? the space hookers? the fact that they were outlaws?

I am confus

>muh space America rebel Western
And all the fetishism.

So you're just being cunty because its not fellating your irrelevant country?

yeah and this episodes can be counted on one hand and are basically standalone episodes.

They are usually also ones of the weaker rated episodes.

"The Outcast" episode only gets a 6.6 on IMDB, while things like "Measure of a man" gets 9.0

it wasn't so much the casting as the character himself.. he was just an idiot, in 'A Night in Sickbay' he basically tells an alien race they just met to fuck off because his dog gets sick.. this is after the dog has already pissed on said alien race's sacred tree

>never had a frontier

>doesn't understand star trek

Fuck off toothpaste.

Archer is Bush W in space.

Thank me.

So I've only ever watched the original series and some of the movies. Did the later series devolve into some sjw circlejerk? What is the precedent for this?

oh okay I thought you had a point or something.

I want a space show more in line with the first Mass Effect game with a coming out party of the Earth space force and Commodore Matthew Perrying other aliens till we get respect. I want it to be really right wing, like ludicrously right wing where it borders on fascism. Like the evil alternate star trek dimensions.

so lets get this shirt started:

TNG > VOY pre-7/9 > DS9 > TOS > VOY post 7/9 > Enterprise

star trek law of medical staff: the better the character the doctor of the crew is, the worse the show is

Yeah but his chief engineer LOOKS like a young dubya

and Reed always kinda looked like a young tony blair to me

Star trek is already fascist.

Look again, it is.

I thought Enterprise season 3 was great.

>Earth attacked and space 9/11 from the Xindi
>Archer goes from "Don't kill any microbes that might evolve into something in a million years
>to
>I'm going to steal from innocent aliens and threaten to kill prisoners so that I can fuck the Xindi and their weapon.

Shit was great.

Can't wait until Big Bang Theory faggots circle jerk this as the greatest sci-fi show ever claiming they were always trekkies.

just wait till Sheldon is this series' vulcan

>talking this much shit on TOS

>not including TAS

Do you even watch the fucking show?

TOS > DS9 > TNG >>>>>>>>>> everything else is unwatchable trash

That's true, but it wont change the fact that star trek already addressed these things 20 years ago.

Not really. Star trek focuses on Star Fleet mainly. Remember it's a purely voluntary force. You can live out your life being a janitor on earth if you want or don't work at all.

you work to improve mankind.

Ehh. He could have worked as a similar character he played in quantum leap but since this was the "edgy dark post-9/11 star trek" it was all dim lighting and finding an excuse to have explosions and fights in every episode so being an aw shucks dad captain wouldn't really work too well

>Star Trek

more like pic related

What's the deal with Cisco's dad? he runs a restaurant...but the feds live in a post-currency society, rigfht?
So really he's just a bored old man who makes food and people come in to eat.

you take that back. The Doctor from VOY made that entire series worth watching

>Reminder Eddington did nothing wrong
>Forced the sisko to become redpilled in the process

and the borg, also 7 of 9's fuckin' body.

Janeway was a fuckin' annoying hillary clinton captain

That's because the networks had diversity requirements and had to occasionally make "a very special episode" about some topic.

Now they're choosing to do it.

Whatever happened to the multicultural and non degenerate Star Treks like TNG? Was having an international crew not enough?

Star trek economy makes absolutely no sense, its whatever the writers need it to be. Totally arbitrary

>every bad alien is an old white guy

pretty much

he just makes it the old fashioned way for some reason instead of turning old clothes and poop into shrimp scampi using the replicator

After working in a restaurant I really really don't think restaurants would ever exist in a post scarcity society

no one would be a server unless they were making money, it's extremely degrading work

post currency and post scarcity.

that is why their fascism works. it is not based on nations but the culture of the federation/united earth.

if you want to me a real food cook you have to be fucking good.

Well... Sisko couldn't cope with betrayal and started exterminating maqui planets...

Yeah, like how ten forward is just a place where bored whoopi goldberg aliens go to make food and people show up and eat it.

That or mumble mumble something something latinum

he doesn't have servers, just him.

plus, in the roddenberry future servers are not alienated from their labor and they enjoy serving food.