Just watched this

Just watched this

What's the point of this movie?

Is there any reason to see this filler movie?

The new SWs are gonna be stand alone movies and not a trilogy ?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-225_GAVr_"Occupier"_combat_assault_tank
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-225_GAVw_"Occupier"_combat_assault_tank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What's the point of this movie?
To make money and rape the corpse of the SW franchise.
>Is there any reason to see this filler movie?
No.
>The new SWs are gonna be stand alone movies and not a trilogy?
Every other year (that's the plan anyways) there will be a standalone spinoff movie.

To enjoy.

>>just watched this
>on a little phone screen all blurry and shit
>>whats the point of this movie im so fucking retarded its not like capeshit or shit
>scifi shit
>>is there any reason to see this filler i have trouble connecting dots since they kicked me out of alternative high school
>no one's forcing you to do anything
>>the new sws are gonna be huurr im so retarded how did my mom ever fuck up so bad
>kys you sperg haha

maybe the point was to make a grand scale focus group to test the right dosage of fan service they should go for in future movies. that early in their run they knew that they could have film chewbacca's giant turd for half an hour and they would have been on top of the box office of the year so they could totally afford that kind of experiment.

The point was to make money user. They made a story that didnt need to be told for the sole reason to have autistic Star Wars fanboy throw money at them because I REMEMBER THAT!

>Galen Erso was an empire sympathizer before the empire even existed

PLOTHOLE

Toys. Make sure to buy the new Hovertank and Death trooper figures goys

>hovertank

it had tracks m8

not really -- for example, many Nazis supported the idea of a strengthen Germany with lands lost in the Versailles Treaty returned -- but they weren't for Hitler going all out and taking over all of Europe

Erso probably admired the militaristic order and strict codes of the Empire but not to the extent of blowing up entire planets

The part leading up when Tarkin fires on the Scarif communication dish is the best moment in cinema of 2016.
this was the only movie I saw in 2016

>point
Money. Oh, and to be DEEP and TOPICAL the rebels occasionally kill people who aren't straight up evil. DEPTH.

>any reason to see
The Force Awakens left me disappointed and slightly disgusted by. During Rogue One I found myself wishing I was watching The Force Awakens.

>stand alone?
Yes. And you're going to like it you filthy peasant.

I don't think I've ever seen an entire board summed up so well in one post.

Whats the point of any of the movies besides the sequels?
You don't need to watch the prequels to understand the originals, and you don't need to watch the originals to understand the sequels.
It's literally all filler, except the new trilogy.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-225_GAVr_"Occupier"_combat_assault_tank

Wrong tank m8
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-225_GAVw_"Occupier"_combat_assault_tank

Ah ok then

to make $1 billion for Disney, which it did

>5 feet 8 inches

To make this line "Many good rebels died for these plans" real.
>Is there any reason to see this filler movie?
Not really. If you are a Star Wars fan you know what happens. The characters are admirable, but not enough time is spent on them to make you want to cry.
>The new SWs are gonna be stand alone movies and not a trilogy?
I think they are doing a few more spinoffs but will follow a trilogy.

Personally, I didn't know it was prequel until the iconic Darth Vader was force-throwing people left and right. Honestly, ignorance was bliss. This movie was better not knowing they all were going to die.

Why was Jeddha space snackbarstan?

Don't understand why people are disliking Rogue One.

It seems like mostly the die-hards agree that it was genuinely a much better film than TFA both in characters and story.

When the dvd comes out I'd recomend watching an edit of all the space battle scenes on Youtube, as well as the two Vader sceneswhich where pointless but still neat.

Other then that, you don't have to.

The problem was that the characters in Rogue One have arcs that make no sense.

Take Jyn. Every single interaction she has with the Rebellion is a negative one. They lie to her, force her into combat zones where she has to fight for her life for a cause she doesn't believe in, watcher her guardian commit suicide after a lifetime of fighting for them, they kill her father after it turns out he was working for their best interest the whole time, and when it comes down to making his sacrifice worth something, they aren't even willing to act until she takes it upon herself to fight alone if necessary.

So what exactly turns Jyn from the cynical character that just watched her father get blown to shit by Rebel bombs into the character who gives the impassioned speech about good versus evil to the Rebels, who at this point in the movie have given no indication that they would be better galactic rulers than the Empire. Sure, they don't have a planet destroying super weapon, but they'll murder people who aren't convenient so it might be just a lack of ability over any moral convictions.

This, of course, fucks over Cassian's arc, because being devoted to the Rebel cause isn't heroic when that cause is never justified by the organization's actions. Why not have a seen where the Rebels try to secretly evacuate as much of the city on Jedha as possible? Have them do something objectively heroic at least ONCE in the movie instead of fighting for no one but themselves, murdering innocents if necessary?

i liked the tallbot and bunnyfu but the rest of the movie was average at best. the script was dull and derivative of countless animu. cringey when it tried to be funny (except tallbot i like him). the main villain was a softie (yawn). vader attacking the rebels made no sense at the end. he was prepared to lead the charge of an entire mega rebel fleetship but let the troopers go first in a new hope. the ending is also nearly a frame by frame copy of deep impact which honestly was a better film than rogue one (i'm serious and not being sentimental either. deep impact was good for what it was)

>that scene where Jyn suddenly gives a speech to the counsel
That felt so awkwardly out of character compared to how she acted before that.

Because it was forced and borderline mary sue.
Suddenly a girl decides to join the rebellion that killed her father and gives a speech that inspires ~30 people to go on a unsanctioned suicide mission for her.