How can you claim George Lucas is a bad director when he directed this?

How can you claim George Lucas is a bad director when he directed this?

youtu.be/yHqdESArkqU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3SPmmHKps
youtu.be/rk1qghsNiok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A true masterpiece of a scene. None of us could have anticipated the shitshow that we are a part of today.

Mostly the stunt guy's doing. The fight choreographer and the actor who played Darth maul are incredible. Couple that with Ewan McGregor and Liam neeson spending countless hours learning lightsaber techniques and you have an incredible fight scene. A good part of the prequels.

Why didn't McGregors character 'force run'?

bravo lucas

>The fight choreographer and the actor who played Darth maul are incredible

Are you kidding me, it's trash.

Why are they twirling so much? Why are they not going for obvious openings? Is trash, ABSOLUTELY TRASH!

Proof:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3SPmmHKps

Why didn't Maul just put little double bladed lightsabers on his feet if his fighting style revolves entirely around kicking people in the face repeatedly?

Because in the actual movie that scene contains at least 50 random cuts to a kid flying a space ship and a bunch of randos running around a Star Trek-tier set. The soundtrack made for this scene is undoubtedly kino, but it's all for nothing because George butchered the scene so he could tie up 50 different plot threads. It only works when you do what this YT video has done and remove all the other garbage.

twirly twirly

Still have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

Oh there's plenty, the most obvious being the left side of the set snapping into place at :05

why does ewan do that little jerk 'uhh' at 0:55

I must be blind, coz I don't see shit

False
youtu.be/rk1qghsNiok

They all love star wars so much.
I hope they like their movies.

Three words.

Howard. The. Duck.

Was Senator Jar Jar Binks really a veiled criticism by Lucas of African-Americans in politics?

I remember when I was a kid I played with those plastic toy lightsabers they sold in stores and fought with other kids. They all tried to spin, like the jedi in the Maul fight did, and every time they did that I just stabbed them in the back. It turned out spinning wasn't a good trick after all

darth maul didn't have a single line of dialogue with either of those characters

Man I didn't remember OST being that good.

why are the laser doors there again? Just curious if a reason was given.

Meh. Needs to be faster. And probably more intense.

Thats pretty kino 2bh

is that supposed to be a bad thing

See if you can spot what's wrong in this one

scenes (and movie) are only good because of the stunt coordinators, costume and character designers, and musical score.

every frame is so retarded, I mean dense.