How many Texans here are actually pro secession? What are the pros and cons of seceding?

How many Texans here are actually pro secession? What are the pros and cons of seceding?

Other urls found in this thread:

britannica.com/event/Texas-v-White
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think secession is more viable than people give it credit for, given a peaceful separation and open trade with the US.

But I'm not pro-secession. I think we ought to grow stronger and use that strength to leverage the federal government into letting us do our thing the way we want to.

We need to get out now, before the liberals and mexicans completely take over the state.

I don't think there are many cons. We are self-sufficient, and there isn't going to be a war over it in today's world. All it will take is a governor with balls and a state government who will back him up.

depends if shiilary wins i want the fuck out

if trump wins why fuck up a good thing

*falls asleep*

>I think secession is more viable than people give it credit for, given a peaceful separation and open trade with the US.

This. I only really want us to get out if Shillary wins, though. at the moment it's not so bad, but if the migrants start coming in hordes, that is more than they already are, I would like for us to get the hell out. I just hope Austin's leftist culture doesn't spread so much by that time we don't win the vote.

God I hate this world....

Pros: Escape failing US.

Cons: Will be attacked by US.

idk but traitors should be shot on the spot.

>if trump wins why fuck up a good thing

yes there would be

If Texas secedes, how will you get a Trump wall?

>Implying Hillary would be a better choice

She would, just like Obama was better than McCain or Romney. Now kill yourself shill.

Oh, we don't mind. If we were to succeed I can't imagine it would be on such bad terms Trump wouldn't build the wall anyway. Especially considering the US would still have an interest in protecting our resources, ports, and the land that US bases are on.

We need to meme Texit into existence.

So many goys in this thread.

>Texans wouldn't just use illegals as target practice
>"Dance boy dance" would be legit and wouldn't end in headshot

I'm for it because this state is a tumor. Get rid of it

Texans here.

Stop making these threads. There is no legal way to secede from the Union. For it to be even considered it would need a majority vote of both Texans and US citizens. Even then it can be denied by the supreme court as such an act would require an interpretation of the Constitution.

There is nothing the Constitution that specifically talks about secession from the union. This is why there is no legal way to secede. It would need to be voted on like any other new law or precedent.

Stop thinking the secession of Texas is something that can or will happen. It's pointless to do, let alone talk about.

Only stupid right wingers wearing ten gallon tin foil hats think it's a good idea.

He can still build the wall between Texas and the US. Texas will build one on its border with Mexico. Because good fences make good neighbors.

Hate to think it might be a necessity, the way the border towns are getting. Same reason Brexit won, really.

Regardless, I'd just as soon we fix this damned ancient, meant for ponies and carriages form of government we have, state and federal. I mean good God.

If we have to secede to prove that city-state/direct/whatever democracy works as a test run and then it bleeds over to the other 49, well I'm all for that, too.

If Trump loses then yeah i'm ready to leave.

The Texicans would eventually go the way of Venezuela .I mean the brunt of the economy is hookers, tamales and long guns. I say we give it back to Mexico and just leave our 40 or so Military bases there to keep it in check.

I hope confed-exit happens just for the name

Texan here

I would never abandon all the other red states

Whos to say they wont join you in another Confederacy or go independent themselves?

You been to any of them, lately?

At the rate they're asking for government handouts, they'll be blue soon if they aren't already.

lol pots and kettles

Why have none of you scalawags read the fucking tenth amendment?

>There is nothing the Constitution that specifically talks about secession from the union. This is why there is no legal way to secede.

Not exactly. The constitution delegates all powers it doesn't mention to the states and to the people (whereas the federal government only has powers specifically granted by the constitution).

Because secession is not mentioned, it might be assumed that secession is therefor a state matter and the Federal government has no power to stop such secession.

Of course, that's all talking hypothetical legal shit. The truth is the feds have the army, so they make the rules (unless enough people get pissed off).

Either way, I don't disagree that these threads are stupid. Texas isn't seceding unless seriously bad shit happens, which no, does not include Hillary getting elected.

Texas relies on government funding for a third of its budget and has more government employees than almost every other state. Theyd also be competing with th US on exports to Mexico, already Texas's biggest export client. Theyd be bankrupt and begging for admittance to the union just like last time.

That is a dumb idea, unless Hillary is elected president.

Texas is literally the only state that has ever successfully declared independence.

No one else would even bother at this point.

States are supposed to get as much money as possible from the federal government in order to spur the local economies.

what exactly do you think is going to happen if you were independent?

okay now instead of the meager but sufficient federal budget to stop illegal immigrants its now all. texan.

the whole border.

gl. tell the cartels I said hi.

like texas wouldnt shoot fucking back or build our own wall

Wow what a great argument wholly based on your dank opinions and not something like say, britannica.com/event/Texas-v-White

>Texas v. White, (1869), U.S. Supreme Court case in which it was held that the United States is “an indestructible union” from which no state can secede.

But by all means go on and talk all about how you have a monumental grasp of the Constitution and rule of government.

I'm well aware of that case, actually. Too bad the reasoning of the judge was pure dogshit.

>commented that the federal Constitution “in all its provisions looks to an indestructible Union, composed of indestructible States.”
>in all its provisions

It most certainly does fucking not look to an indestructible Union, except for not specifically delegating powers to secede, yet simultaneously providing that all provisions NOT DELEGATED TO THE FED are delegated to the states and to the people.

I very much consider that court case one of the many other kangaroo court cases the courts took upon themselves in the wake of the civil war. Of course the supreme court wasn't going to tell them it was okay to secede. Nobody would have.

Like I said, this is all legal posturing and bullshit. If a state actually wants to secede bad enough, it will, regardless of whether its legal or not. The question of legality never stopped our ancestors from secession.

I am not sure if a secession is best for our economy. Other than that I have no problems with it.

>Texas is literally the only state that has ever successfully declared independence.

and a fine job they did to

I'm sure

if texas secedes and the federal government doesn't try and stop it, i'll finally admit that the civil war was over slavery. if they DO try to stop it, the civil war was officially over states rights (and the rights states don't have, such as secession)

You texfags realize that if you secede and become your own country literally everyone is going to confuse you for Chile.

There have actually been studies on the economics of it and the only way it works requires breaking Texas up into smaller states. Too much of the state is dead weight while industry is built up in specific urban areas.

if you secede and give back all of my gun rights and keep what was good about the US, I'll move to newUSA.

Dallasfag here. While I can see the benefits of leaving, at this point, I think it's a stupid idea. That said, if texas was to leave, which other states (if any) would be likely to leave with it?

Well Sup Forums, would your state join texas, or continue to be cucked by the fed?

>States are supposed to get as much money as possible from the federal government in order to spur the local economies.

Necessary farm and school subsidies, I agree. Otherwise, I'd far prefer to let the free market solve problems.

Do you actually believe that there is no food stamp/Medicare/Welfare/child support abuse?

OK and NM would do with us maybe

If texas leaves where will we get our whataburgers? ;__;

Arizona here, we will join. We are sick of the fed senpai

What do you think our strategy is to get money from the rest of the U.S.?

Expanding Whataburger will be a revenue driver ace-in-the-hole for the new Texas.

Convince Utah to come along - they get a lot of companies' data processing/backups.

iirc, constitutionally Texas can't cecede.

Though, it can split into 5 states without congressional approval.

Texfag here. Texas constitution is a mess. I'd only support secession if we also adopted the original US constitution plus Bill of Rights. Open to debate on readopting some of the latter amendments.

We have plenty of Mormons in AZ unfortunately, maybe they'll join up if we promise them room temp uncaffeinated drinks

This

> ITT, pussy faggots that always run away from their problems.

One day you will want individual counties to secede, then individual cities, and then there will be nothing left to secede from. Where will you MASIVE faggots go then?

Forget that - let's just put in the extra effort using economists, business leaders, lawyers, and academic experts, and install a fresher, modernized, effective, at-least-not-as-corrupt democracy.

I'm against it. We're the number 1 because of the unity of all states. Although if most Texans will vote for it I'm still going to stay here.

>Hookers
I wish

Fine, Arizona can admin the Starbucks Coffee's that pull out due to Liberal Asspain.

It's never going to happen you delusional burgers

OP here, NC / AZ, I could definitely see AZ going with

>There is nothing the Constitution that specifically talks about secession from the union.
Amendment 10, which says that if it isn't in the constitution, the states can do it.

This.

Cowboy up, you Kansas City faggots.
Stop dividing like Texas churches.

I fully support it if Hillary wins.

I don't believe the country could survive a Hillary presidency intact anyways.

i dont really mind i just hope the the rest of the south would join us if we do secede. would just feel comfier if we had friends

Not exactly. Constitutionally, splitting a state requires both approval of congress and approval of the state. Nothing in the articles of accession can change the constitution.

What the splitting clause in the articles of accession actually did was grant approval for Texas to split, subject to the restriction that this preapproval only extended to 5 states.

It's a minor quibble, but an important one because it places this quirk of Texas history in it's proper constitutional context. Splitting states is not novel, states have split before. Texas' power to split is only novel in that the permission was granted in advance of any actual proposal.

>You texfags realize that if you secede and become your own country literally everyone is going to confuse you for Chile.

Don't be ridiculous. Chile doesn't have Whataburger.

Let's see if the UK can bounce back first.
Texas it's self would be like the 11th largest economy in the world.

512 here. I'm definitely "pro," but the caveat is that it has to be peaceful this time. We really need to encourage all the blue state faggots that they don't want us anyway, and then it becomes a win-win for everyone. I hope we get there someday.

9 of these retarded threads today? Fuck off

It'd be like Britain leaving the EU, oh wait.

>Chile doesn't have Whataburger

But Whataburger has Chile

I think Alafuckingbama with its 7th largest military in the world could be a good ally and trading pod-na with Texas. We stood together before. Will you consider at least our F16s and 15s as having value to texas? Plus we have Alabama Kush. I was riding on a beach road burning Bama kush. I could see the low full moon over the Gulf and the land to the west. I could perceive my relationship to the earth and space and it felt as I would fall off! Fucking awesome brah. BAMMERS like to get high and fight. Especially Yankee liberal sissies. I get a hard on thinking about visiting Dearborn, MI and all the sweet Islamic girls I could slap the fuck out of before sex. Heard they like being mistreated. This muslim woman would make you think about catching the gays.

roll tide

No.

If we let you in then Mississippi and Georgia will want in.

Louisiana gets in. They have all the B52s and A10s, a big-assed ammunition plant, the other refineries that aren't already in Texas, the strategic oil reserves, and a crapton of oil and gas wells. And Arkansas gets in, cause they were part of the Southwest Conference and they got Wal-Mart. When Alabama gets to that kinda relevance, give us a call and we'll talk.

Pretty much this.

Tennessee will also join the Texit.

Nice

>there isn't going to be a war over it in today's world.

people think this

Oklahoma would just to be like Texas. Like always.

Americans killing Americans part 2

you HAVE to stay with us until the election is over
after that i don't care

Texan here, middle ground honestly.

im for it and would probably vote yes, but at the same time do not think the US is outright hopeless.

yet.

but at the same time, why wait to see if it can be saved? is it really worth the risk of letting things get worse before we attempt to jump ship?

also whats with the "its illegal" argument? places have before rebelled or fought for independence "illegally" and still gotten independence.

not arguing whether Texas could or couldn't win independence, im merely asking how that in any way is an argument against it actually happening or being a reason not to.

Texas secession has been a terrible meme joke for a long time now and trying to split would mean you're admitting defeat.

reddditt tier comment train

i don't actually want to leave the union, but i'd support it if the federal government continues to rain down shit on the states

How will you feed all the steer? Nigger you need the fuckin grain belt

Kentucky here. Wait for me.

Roll Tide, DEUS Vult! God wills!

Please do. It would make it legal for me to go down to Texas and kill arrogant rednecks

Or maybe it was about States rights, including the right of a State to have legal slavery.

There wouldn't be a war if Texit won.
Texas itself has a small nuclear arsenal. If Texit were to succeed the first thing done would b3 the Texas militias securing those nukes. Texas would exit a nuclear power which makes things a lot more complicated.

If that's the case I want to enslave you.

>Texans
>with nukes

oh...oh my.....

the world would constantly be dragging us away from the button as we yell at some Muslim country to fuck off.

and i mean sometimes literally physically dragging our leader away from a big red button.

Said this before. The President has blanket authority under Strategic doctrine to use nuclear weapons to prevent a hostile power from gaining control of any part of the US Strategic Arsenal.

Day 0 of the Texas secession and Federal agents and NEST teams will attempt to manually destroy the bombs. If it becomes clear the weapons will fall into the hands of the enemy, standing orders for the maintenance crews and NEST is to detonate the bombs in place. Failing that, the President will use an ICBM or Strategic Bomber to nuke the facility.

Texas will not get a single nuke from the Federal arsenal.