Did he really score a thousand goals? Is so, how did he do it? Was he scoring 5 goals per match?

Did he really score a thousand goals? Is so, how did he do it? Was he scoring 5 goals per match?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyeh8fuf1_g
youtube.com/watch?v=hrgZTLLtCdk
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Túlio_Maravilha
youtube.com/watch?v=e4fzeK3SQa4
youtube.com/watch?v=icneYVsbAoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stat padded in friendlies and testimonials and counted them

He had around 1.5 goal/match average in a lot of seasons. His claim is 1281 goals, not 1000.

Pelé is fucking retarded

stat padding against amateurs lol

He's trully the GOAT.

He literally won 3 WC.

youtube.com/watch?v=eyeh8fuf1_g

>t.impotent

t. Beckenbauer

He must've played a shit ton of games then

Yet he wasn't the best player in each of those Brazillian WC winning teams.

>His claim
So its not verified?

>counting the goals you scored in friendlies against farmers

With all this bullshit goals aside, he still has a pretty impressive total, but nowhere near 1000 goals. More like 650-700 total goals in official competitions.

I scored 3000 goals. Ain't verified though. Don't care if you believe or not

757 goals in offical games 524 agaisnt farmers

Kek

And yet he has 3 WC.

How much WC do maradona, messhit and Penealdo has?

Big deal I invented football

He had a long career.

In his entire career, after playing 3 World Cups, Cristiano Ronaldo has 3 goals in World Cups.
Back when he was 17, Pele scored 3 goals in the semifinals of a World Cup.

Including the farmer's team known as Benfica

So you couldn't take the ball from his feet or knock him down?

Impressive

it if was so easy how come nobody else was doing it?

Against Sneed FC?

Pele is literally an anime character.

Overrated old chimp that lets FIFA revere him as some sort of Pope of football. The great thing about this sport is that hundreds of thousands of kids attempt to make it as professionals every year and from the gargantuan talent pool we can expect a high standard of footballer to filter through without fail, yet people keep thinking that Pele represents an unsurpassable level of footballer when quite frankly he wouldn't be any better than average in today's top level.

>team accolades in a thread about an individual

Sit down lad.

He absolutely was though. Even in 1962, in the one game he played he did this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hrgZTLLtCdk

No that was against chucks

Mexico has the worst record out of any other country in the WC so this video can be disregarded.

and yet no other player in history has 3 WC

stay mad.

>that one doesn't count!
you're like that annoying kid in school

yes

take into account his team never sold him and they had world tours to travel around the world just so people could see him.

he carried alone his club to be the best of the world.

Messi can't even win a fucking final with his NT.

True, I still don't see how he could've scored 1200 goals

>how did he do it?

By including goals scored in friendlies and kickabouts in the street. His entire career was spent in a meme league. That's not to say he wasn't a top player, but what he's mainly known for, being a world cup winner, people pretend that he was a one man team when it was actually the complete opposite.
Don't get me wrong a lot of players then stayed in their domestic leagues so when they played on a world stage, like the world cup, winning was important because there was a certain pride attached to it. That doesn't really work anymore, because the pride of winning was replaced by the lure of cold hard cash. What player wants to risk serious injury on world cup duty (I don't know about other countries, but in the 2010 world cup the England players were paid £4k a game) and potentially jeopardise their £200kpw domestic wages? That's why the likes of Nerman couldn't give a fuck. The other side of that, in the west at least, or more specifically England, is that it's difficult to be patriotic when flying your own flag is racist. But then come world cup year you're expected to be a Hitler tier nationalist supporting the country, even though for the last 3 years running up to it you've been told not to be. It's complete retarded.

Big deal i once ran the 40 in 3.1 seconds

because he had world tours of friendlies around the world with european, asian teams.

Imagine if messi played some argentinian club and other teams around the world pay his club for friendlies.

There's two explanations:

Imagine if all the defenses in every team while he was alive were garbage, including south americans, mexicans and europeans, literally amateur defenders.

Or

he was the biggest genius in history.

Pele was literally the biggest paid soccer player while he was playing, fucktard.

and most of his friendlies were against european clubs.

Kek

he also blacked thousands of white womyn

They counted his goals since kindergarten.

He scored a lot of them in friendlies. He scored 767 competitive goals, which puts him as the third best goalscorer of all time.

goalkeepers were so fucking trash back then holy shit

>he played in a "meme league"
>his team was stacked, that's why he won!
>all the players in that stacked team also happened to play in a "meme league"

nice logic

wtf redpill me on Túlio Maravilha

Ronaldo will play till he's 40 and get the record. Screencap this

3rd division state league counts as "competitive"

Kek

#Respect

The Brazilian league was very strong in his era.

meme
jogador de ligas inferiores

Interesting career.

Use this instead:
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Túlio_Maravilha

1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Messi
4. Cruyff
5a. Zidane
5b. Ronaldo (#10)
5c. Ronaldo (#7)

This is the Sup Forums top 5 of all time. The top 4 are indisputable. Ronaldo and Messi could move up if they are able to win a WC. Although that is very unlikely to happen.

I'll fight anyone who argues with this.

>7
you mean 9

I mean

>Fatnaldo
followed by
>C.Ronaldo

He didn't lmao

>Fatnaldo
>10
His name was Ronaldo and he was number 9. Neck yourself you fucktard customer.

Big if true

The whitest sport indeed

Fuck Dromph, fuck white peeple

>how did he do it?

20 years of statpadding against malnourished amateur favelaniggers

ITSA A BEAUTIFUL LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's it?

Zico>>>>>>>Pelé

>meme league
>said league contributes players to win 3 world cups

really activated my asshole with that one

To end discussion, maradona is goat.
Pele played against european clubs BUT they were friendlies. If he were to play in the european leagues, getting out of his comfort zone, playing against italian defense in an OFFICIAL match, he would be the undisputed GOAT.

>brits ITT

>Ronaldo has played 136 more matches than Messi
>Only 24 more goals
Embarrassing.

Name all the players in history who have won 3 world cups.

Hint: He's the Goat.

Do people really believe this? This is the most hipster sports take I've seen in a while.

4u

are you fucking retarded? Brazil won 4-1 against Italy in a world cup final. Pelé scored one and assisted two goals.

Ireland's very own Leonard O'Messeil

I can't believe you don't rate fucking Pelé
He played in a time where defenders actually tried to break his legs, and ref were ok with this. Hell, he even had his leg broken in WC 1966
Everytime he played, he had a big mark on his forehead "kill me", because that was how his opponents tried to stop him. That tells the insane skill he had

> el americANO postero

look at him. do you really think he can do math?

Those farmers regularly BTFO European teams in excursions

He was shite

youtube.com/watch?v=e4fzeK3SQa4

Boosted stats. Probably counts the goals he scored playing beach football and in the park against his kid as well.

*SHITTED

Holy shit, Pelé really was a genius, definitely top 5 of all time, he simply destroyed his opponents.

Are you that surprised? It's 2017 and they still just add a random amount of time at the end because they don't know how to use a stopwatch.
They probably only started recording stats a year or two ago

>tfw you realize the third defender was created to stop pelé

I'm interested to see who the bong thinks was the best in each squad.

diabolical defending

This guy was a fucking genius

He has 43 goals in 41 tournament games for Brazil. That's pretty GOAT.

>2 Copa Libertadores
>3 WCs
>people think he was shit

>b-but he statpaded against farmers in a meme league!
>b-but he never proved himself in yurop!
>b-but he was never the most important player in the teams that won the WCs!

So many excuses, he was the GOAT, fact!

Let's see:
Those (((((farmers))) in a """"meme league""""" regularly destroyed the top europeon teams. The fact is, South american football was more competitive back then. Maybe until the 90's is when european football leagues became more competitive.

Let's not forget the conditions of that time, there weren't red cards, literal murderball everywhere. The game was harder, with shit equipment, balls, fields and training.

If pele had access to all the modern equipment he'd still be a beast.

thanks chavo, have you watched his movie already?

Is this before diving became the primary tactic of the sport?

no, link? I didn't know there was one

who is this thicc goddess?

it was a joke bro, but yeah there's this documentary about him, I watched it when I was a kid and it amazed me

youtube.com/watch?v=icneYVsbAoU

ohh

Pele is the GOAT. Messi is the closest.

1- Pele
2- Messi
3- Maradona

If he scored so many goals why don't a team keep him more time?

Tulio was a meme, mate...

where are the defenders?

But muh goals!

I'm not saying that he should had played for a top team, but why he didn't stayed at Sao Caetano for example

when pele dies and they lower his coffin into a goalmouth grave there will be a ball in his coffin and one more legit goal will be added to his career total.