I have heard most of the new Tool album, albeit unmastered. I am here to answer your questions...

I have heard most of the new Tool album, albeit unmastered. I am here to answer your questions. I won’t reveal my sources, but I will say that it was someone who does tech work for the band.

Attached: 808C9079-DA5A-4ACE-B711-01D2595E13DC.jpg (170x301, 21K)

Is it closer to heavy, grungy Undertow Tool or lighter, prog 10000 Days Tool?

What questions are there to be answered? They have been writing the same song for 20 years. Its very formulaic music.

It’s closer to 10k days. There are some awesome super dark grungy undertowesque tracks. Just so you know it’s longer and better than 10k.

im asian

Maynard would love you then.

Then get the fuck out you fucking slope. No one cares about you. How many bombs do we have to drop to make you realize this you zipperhead cunt.

How do you think fans will like this
Also share a lyric so that we can go back and see if this thread is true

Attached: slantgrips.png (608x404, 300K)

Will not share lyrics, I’m sorry. Do you really want them anyways? Yeah people who have been following Tool for years will like it a lot. If you liked 10k days you will enjoy it. It’s a double album and a concept one as well.

I hope it never gets released as I can't deal with the mass retardation from Tool fans that will result. One of the most insufferable fanbases around and their music was never that great.

im asian

I will confirm the song title “Pascal’s Wager.” It’s been floating around for awhile. One of the only tracks with confirmed titles. There are 5 others.

As a huge tool fan I will agree with you about a majority of their “fans.” I don’t claim to have a deep understanding or connection to them, nor do I preach and argue about why Tool is the best band ever, or analyze their lyrics and time signatures. I do have a 10,000 days tattoo on my arm, however.

One of my friends is like that too, it's just a general thing.

Name 1 of the other.

It makes it really hard to be a tool fan. We are worse than ICP fans. At least they’re friendly. I will drop 1000 dollars on Tool tickets if need be, though. I am a pretty big fan. But I’m not smart enough to be pretentious about it.

“Anhedonia,” “Grinning Totem.”

Anhedonic* sorry

When will it come out?

I think sometime around February 2019. That’s the word anyways.

Will it come out next year?

Yeah. Thank god right? They really wanted it to be this year and it still might but I have my doubts. I am not Tool though so I can’t confirm a release date. Definitely early 19.

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about asshole, so don't talk

Where can I get a rip of it?

Attached: tumblr_nm4cdnJzcU1r4eripo1_500.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Good luck, homie. Wish I could help. You will never hear it until it comes out. There is a super solid.l version of “Descending” in YouTube though. It’s incredible.

It’s coming bud. Believe me when I say we are being rewarded for our patience. Best thing since lateralus.

any ideas for the cover art yet?

meanwhile they haven't even finished recording one song yet and it'll still be another year of maynard dragging his ass before the album is released

Attached: 1521295331567.jpg (500x880, 134K)

They have recorded a lot, friend.

your words mean nothing

Not that I know.

Oh ye of little faith. Quit being butthurt, perfection takes time.

I will add though that precious few songs have vocals yet. Anhedonic does.

What is the name of the album?
And you say it's a concept album. What is the central theme of the album?

No album title. Human evolution.

What's the deal with death grips?

Any features

Aaron turner.

are you asian?

is there a 13 over 15 polymeter?

Irish, Scottish and jewish.

Can anyone explain why so many people rave about Tool? I'm not trying to troll or hate on them, I just really don't understand why they have such a rabid fanbase. What's better about them than, say, Meshuggah?

lol I don’t even know what that means but I’m sure there is.
Do yourself a favor and listen to lateralus from front to back, don’t skip songs. You may be surprised.

I've tried, it just did absolutely nothing to hold my attention. Then people tell me, 'omg fibonacci sequence' and 'they're so DEEP' etc etc and I just don't hear it. I'm not ruling out that I'm missing something, I just don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for at this point.

You can't not hear it, it's literally the song structure

Meshuggah is really bad music though.

You’re looking too deep into it. Everyone knows about all that shit. Just listen to it for what it is. Some great music with cool lyrics, funky time signatures and a great crunchy guitar sound. The thing about Tool, like meshuggah, is that not everyone e has the patience. They are an album band. Their albums are meant to be listened to in one sitting. Ever heard Undertow?

those first two don't count

Are there other songs from the new album on the internet beside descending?

No. There are some bogus fake demos on YouTube but I wouldn’t waste your time. I don’t even think it’s Adam Jones playing.

I can hear it, what I can't hear is why that makes the song good

idk how anyone who likes progressive metal could listen to Nothing and not at least respect it

I haven't heard all of Undertow because, like Lateralus, it just didn't do anything for me. I'm definitely an album listener, but I don't force myself through albums that I realize I'm essentially ignoring because they aren't grabbing me.

From what I'm gathering, I probably just don't like Tool, but I'm open to giving them another chance.

Undertow is good because it’s more of just a good rock album. Check out Intolerance, Prison Sex, Bottom, Seamp Song, 4 degrees, and undertow.

Also, first things first, check out their cover of No Quarter by Zep and the Salival version of Third Eye:

I'll check those out. Thanks for the friendly help.

Always liked this guy, struck me as a hard worker and a decent artist all around. Earlier hydrahead>tool

And Isis was SUCH a good band. It pisses me off I can’t wear my ISIS hoodie anymore.

Truly revolutionary shitposting

Yup. Listen to No Quarter first though. Makes Zeppelins version sound awful.

Nobody on Sup Forums believes your lying ass and no one cares what you have to say about it. If you really did just leak it

Meshuggah is generic metal at its finest.

Everything about them is generic stereotypical metal.

I don’t have the music. And it’s fine if you don’t believe me. Just look forward to the new album.
Oh no, I lost /my/ credibility! What will I do?

>Someone who does tech work for the band
Oh fuck off, whenever there's a thread like one of these (heard the new album ama) it's always "I know the guitar tech" or some shit.

And if anyone in this thread actually believes you then they're idiotic

Drum tech actually.

The only way to say this with a straight face is if you don't listen to any metal besides Tool.

Metal is a farce.

How many sections are in 4/4

Is the bass as prominent as it was on Lateralus and 10,000 Days and are there any drum solos?