Is this simply bad, or the greatest satire ever to exist?

Is this simply bad, or the greatest satire ever to exist?

Attached: Shaggs_philosophy_of_the_world.jpg (300x300, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LoRE6TjfVBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is this simply bad
They were incapable of playing their instruments and were forced to make a pop album. What is that supposed to be a satire of?
youtu.be/LoRE6TjfVBk

>What is that supposed to be a satire of?

People that are incapable of playing their instruments making a pop album.

Neither, it's accidental genius. They're "bad" musicians in the traditional sense, but for that reason, they're liberated of bland musical conventions. It's pop rock from a different timeline, and it comes out sounding like dissonant post-punk on the level of The Velvet Underground And Nico

if you have played an instrument for a length of time, it is almost impossible to play like they do.

that is what makes them interesting the whole beginner sound.

>People that are incapable of playing their instruments making a pop album.
How? They weren't self-aware.

>that is what makes them interesting the whole beginner sound.
Beginner sound? They were literally inept.

I'm not sure you understand, the level of ineptitude is incredibly difficult to replicate once you're used to playing normally. It feels wrong, your hands resist it. I spend a lot of time making sure I don't lose my ability to play that degree of syncopation.

Its like trying to sing off key. Very hard to do intentionally. You are basically hitting micro tones and doing it in a way to sound authentic. Never happens. Its so funny to hear a bad singer yet we never get bad singer scenes in movies and stuff for a quick chuckle. Too hard to pull off.

It’s simply awful, but I still love listening to it now and then if I am in a bad mood. You can’t listen to that shit and not pay attention to it, it’s so terrible and hilarious it will take your mind off anything.

Exactly. When drumming, it's very hard to play that off beat without losing track of where you are.

why, even dracula will be there

Attached: 7b1.jpg (232x197, 38K)

this is actually zappa and the mothers. they plucked 3 random girls off the street for the cover and made up a back story. it's a great album though, plebs can't into syncopation

Thanks for the chuckle.

>The spooks will scare

Fucking racist little shits.

/lit/ as fuck

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Sounds like Beefheart lmao

Haven’t gone there for years but have a fellow nerd fist bump.

Attached: 45A6EAE9-2644-465C-9655-D3BF564C3F70.jpg (325x499, 30K)

They were awful but act like it was their Trout Mask Replica

It's certainly creative. It's like a happy little accident.

Beefheart put a ton of effort and music theory into how horrible he sounded. They put literally no effort and no knowledge of music into how great they sounded.