Name a more pretentious douchebag

Name a more pretentious douchebag.
PROTIP: You can't.

OP

fpbp

>tfw your movies are to smart for plebs

Chris Nolan.

Lynch actually executes his concepts, makes art. Nolan, dishonest flicks.

IS NOT

>Name a more pretentious douchebag.

norman mailer.

Me :^)

Denis Villeneuve

blown the fuck apart

Have you ever read any Mailer buddy? He was a serious talent despite being a provocateur.

op asked the question. i answered it.

>Lynch never claims his movies are anything more than emotional expressions and sequences he gets from dreams
>"Pretentious douchebag!"
>Christopher Nolan talks about how his films have such depth and how he takes great influence from other auteur filmmakers like Malick and talks about how his movies are the biggest and the best since the silent era
>Bravo Nolan!

Villenueve
Inarritu
Chazelle
Nolan

Strangely defensive answer, but ok. Like many, you've probably only seen the played out Gore Vidal clip on Youtube and decided that's all you needed to know about Mailer.

Steven Seagal

This. Fascinating how they´re still the most talented filmmakers of the past 5 years.

He's fundamentally unpretentious. He just makes shit he likes, even if most people don't.

Pretentious is someone like Jodorowsky (though he's still a talented director).

The kind of pretentious that should be held in contempt is someone like Lennon who finances art films like Jodorowsky's in an effort to appear smart and worldly and preaches world peace while beating the shit out of his wife and son.

I dont know he looks genionely lost toe

>"Pretentious - attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed"

Lynch is the literal opposite, people always imply "deep meanings" when they ask him about the movie, and he denies them all and says that he is just trying to express his ideas and dreams into film form, while meaning is found from every viewer personally.

Zack Snyder would be an example of someone pretentious.

begone, pleb

NWR

>pretentious
>stuff I don't understand

The pleb's catchphrase.

>Nolan
>Inarritu
>Chazelle
>talented

Stop it. They are shittier than shit

fpbp /thread

God-tier Honest Filmmaker

This guy, fuck Villeneuve and fuck his shit-eating grin. Hasn't made a good movie since Prisoners and probably won't ever again, now that he's trying to be faux-Antonioni and everyone is eating it up.

Jeremy Saulnier

malick

Paul McGuigan

aaaaaand REFN

>i have shit taste in movies

Prisoners is one of his most overrated movies and a pleb filter

It's entertaining and doesn't try to be something it's not. It's a good flick.

loved him in lord of war though

>Zack Snyder would be an example of someone pretentious.

I'd actually disagree with this. I'd say Snyder is completely honest and genuinely udnerstands how to create kino, but just hasn't managed to actually make a great film even though he's not incapable of doing so. He's far from being as dumb as so many say he is, but everything he creates is flawed in ways that prevent it from being more than mediocre and I don't know if he'll ever achieve real success in that regard.

It's biggest flaw is that it tries to be something it's not, bogged down by useless symbolism and cliches like the prayer at the beginning. Also Sicario is his only decent English film, because while not great it actually doesn't pretend to be more and just entertains

Name me one, just ONE moment in Lynch's filmography where his character use exposition for dummies. Just one fucking moment, I dare you.

Malick is in the same vein as Lynch in that he doesn't act like his movies are incredibly deep. He simply converts his ideas into film, and like how lynch wants to emulate dream and subconscious emotion, Malick wishes to convey very conscious emotions. Both filmmakers are very earnest and sincere