How the fuck is this not nominated? Did they miss some release date or something?

How the fuck is this not nominated? Did they miss some release date or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt5784504/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It probably sucks ass like every other anime movie (Paprika, Akira, etc.)

plenty of superior children's movies this year

Who cares

Kubo is in

Anime is for fags

But a fucking meme movie like My Life as a Courgette gets both the animation and foreign language nomination? Fucking joke.

it is cliche garbage that does not use any perks of being an animated movie on its advantage

>Moana has people bending the ocean
>anime movie has two kids on a train
yawn

t. didnt see the movie

btfo animu fag

>critically acclaimed
>box office hit

what more do these fuckers wants

Science fiction is just now getting the respect it deserves from the Academy. Anime will come, you just have to wait.

Boob-grabbing scenes

>I didn't watch it yet: the posts

Anime is shit and deserves nothing but mockery

Do they even nominate foreign animated films at all? They have separate categories for foreign films but not cartoons.

>defending Disneyshit against quality foreign competition

I bet you jacked off when Kaguya and Song of the Sea lost to Big Hero 6 didn't you, fucking Disneyfag?

Does this movie have that? I hate that anime trope. Dropped. I thought this movie was supposed to be kino?

cause anime is for fags and degenerates. I'm sure the stories are great, but the western world will never accept it as a serious medium. You should of stopped watching it after Pokemon and DBZ, or around the age of puberty.

>this
>sci fi

>>>r3ddit

Imagine being a person with actual taste in that board and having to be all like "damn, Sup Forums, you fuckin' fine, all on-topic with your moeshit and current season discussion. I would totally spend time here, both as user and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch another classic series. Like seriously imagine having to be a person with taste and not only refresh that board while Sup Forumsutists flaunt their disgusting MAL profiles in front of you, the thousands of series barely concealing their lack of taste and preference for sophomoric crap, and just sit there, refresh after refresh, hour after hour, while they kept circlejerking. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking taste but their haughty attitude as everyone in that board tells them they STILL GOT IT and DAMN, Sup Forums POSTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their sweaty fucking hands contort into types of shitposts you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been watching nothing but a healthy diet of classics and later alleged cult series for your ENTIRE POST HISTORY coming straight out of tokyotosho. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on their dimpled stomach as they pretend to be little girls, replying suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in their "on topic (for that is what they call it)" waifu discussion, the waifu they worked so hard for, watching thousands upon thousands of shit in the previous months. And then someone starts another thread, and you know you could kill every single person in this board before the FBI could track you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're a person with actual taste. You're not going to lose your temper over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>wholesome
>though provoking
>cultural
>moving
>no white people
>non-degenerate
>intelligent themes

of course americuck award ceremonies will gloss over it to peddle their white hollywood propaganda crap

>implying kino isn't full of eroticism

Does it counted if the girl (boy) grab her own boobs?

imdb.com/title/tt5784504/

It's dishonest cartoon-making.

u wot

Sup Forums praises it,Sup Forums doesn't care

kek

Is it Sup Forumseddit babbies first oscars?

The animation category is made to suck Disney's cock. Even though Kubo deserves to win they'll give to to Moana or Zootopia because memes.

Keit-ai didn't find a way

Oh wow, they had a live thread. Those tears are hilarious.

What are you implying? I didnt expect it to win, but not even nominated?

Kaguya got in, but this doesn't? It just makes no sense.

kek

>nominating degenerate chinese cartoons

>implying body exploration isnt a staple of body swap movies

Is that really how the movie starts? I was gonna go see this in theaters, but I guess I'll just steal it instead.

>having a father that doesn't want to watch anime with you

I guess Oscar diversity only pertains towards appeasing niggers. There's no good reason Shin Godzilla isn't up there for either best foreign film or best effects.

>these are the kinds of people who vote on oscar nominations

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Give best picture to Michael Bay while you're at it.

It's a genuinely great film. Zootopia was surprisingly good, but this blows it away.

I'm really glad they started the swap that way, because everybody knows that's what a guy would do.

Nah, it started with this scene

Maybe it's just the wrong anime film to see with your dad.

While my dad isn't into anime at all, both he and I saw Princess Mononoke when it came released on dvd and he loved it.

>still posting le ebin Sup Forums maymay

Kino has scissoring and rape

cartoons must always inhabit the sphere of Ghibli-level purity

Yes. Spirited away won once

Wouldn't be surprised if it's because it starts with a panty shot of a teenage girl and a major plot point is a guy in her body groping her breasts

Might have been written off as "weird hentai"

>“That day when the stars came falling. It’s almost as if a scene from a dream. Nothing more, nothing less than a beautiful view.”
Is it Kino?

>all the reddit shills that are angry about Japan and their racist misogyny

looks choppy

Because romance is garbage.

its fucking anime you retard its for CHILDREN

>all these anime haters

get out of Sup Forums you tourists

Why do people who joined Sup Forums in the 2010s try so hard to fit in like this lads? They'll say shit like this then turn around and cry about Sup Forums being too Sup Forums for them.

It's made more money than Moana and Sing combined but western critics hate anime.

Animation was beautiful, story was very moving (especially the third act), and the themes were outstanding especially when you consider Japan's history with natural disasters

The pretty shooting star scenes and the nice scenery are the only good things about the movie
writing and plot were shit

Disney is just overrated shit.

the manga is better

we said weeaboo ironically since everyone was an otakutard back then considering there were like 5 boards all about anime and videogames. too bad the normies actually think it was some discriminatory heavy handed insult for some reason.

Moana is over a hundred million behind Kimi No despite it not even be released in the US yet.

>Animation was beautiful, story was very moving (especially the third act), and the themes were outstanding
watch more movies

>Generic Romance anime
>Fanservice
>Gender bender

If you think this anime is oscar worthy like Spirited Away, you have a shit taste, fag.

>normies

Spotted the normalfag. Weeaboo piggu go home!

nice meme

That's because it's a gif, user-kun

Wow it's almost like you didn't watch the movie considering you are missing the biggest part of the plot and the strongest theme of the movie

NOOOOOOOOOO

but seriously virgin otaku neetdom and Sup Forums is intertwined by fate.

Do you really believe that any non-ghibli anime film has a chance at the oscars?. Also the animation awards are even more of a joke than the regular awards because they obviously don't give a fuck

Sounds like his dad was a total faggot

Finds a way

The golden globes are even more hilarious. They got rid of Ghibli's and replaced it with Sing. Nominations are:

Kubo and the Two Strings
Moana
My Life as a Zucchini
Sing
Zootopia

Japan BTFO

>Genre : Romance, Drama

Dropped instantly

Well the movie is shit and so are the effects.

Luckily Japan doesn't give any shits. If they have a good US release they might hit a billion in gross revenue. That would be fucking insane.

>eating up fakeposting

he sure got a lot of (You)s out of it

stop sucking anno's dick you bitch

>stars falling
>two craters
subtle hiroshima and nagasaki reference is oscar-level

Where do you even watch this shit.

I turned it off halfway through

wasn't that good

Nothing more than a combination of 2-3
"""twists""" and good graphics.

It's just a self-fellating American industry awards show, not a genuine mark of quality.

The overall themes of trying to change fate the inevitability of disasters was incredibly strong. Many people reported movie goers in Japan in tears. Considering they just lost another ten thousand or so during the recent tsunami it had to be very emotional.

This movie is Kino. Gotta wonder how many people watched the plane and the bomb fall in Hiroshima or Nagasaki before being obliterated.

What the fuck are you tasteless weebs from Sup Forums doing here anyway? Go back to your containment board.

>Implying generic weeb teenage romance is on the same level as Spirited Away, The Wind Rises or Princess Kaguya
Shinkai features are just pretty looking flicks. Ghibli actually makes films

Sup Forums hated this movie and regularly derails the threads. This movie was being considered for an Oscar nomination and is being released in the US so it's Sup Forums material

>>Sup Forums

It isn't Sup Forums
read through and you'll see most of them are not surprised. What you're seeing is Sup Forums babbies

Wut muvie is dis

he was right

These are probably just Sup Forums crossboarders who genuinely care about the oscars

>This movie was being considered for an Oscar nomination

Did you not read the OP?

they never nominate chink shit

Also this movie isn't even that good in the first place. It's shallow, cliched and the third act screams of your predictable typical anime romance crap. Heck, 5cm per second is a much better movie.

Have you weebs from Sup Forums watched Kubo or Zootopia? These two esp. Kubo are more technically impressive while having a better plot.

The Academy doesn't give a single shit about animation. Most of the voters haven't even seen the movies they are voting on.

come on dude, its trite shit

>How the fuck is this not nominated?
Director didn't want it to be nominated

No wide release in the US

Weeb pls

this

Everyone likes kubo