The most iconic pop-culture moment/picture of the 90s doesn't come from neither TV or film

>the most iconic pop-culture moment/picture of the 90s doesn't come from neither TV or film

Explain this, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Public_School_193
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People being shot in school is more memorable than 90% of the shit Hollywood churns out

Why does Columbine have such lasting appeal? There have been larger school shootings since but it's always Columbine that sticks in the popular imagination. Did the two boys comprehend the gravitas of what they were taking part in?

Because it was the first school shooting with mass media coverage

>MFW thats NOT Sharon Stones vajayjay

Because secretly most of people think Eric and Dylan did nothing really wrong. Jack the Ripper effect.

>There have been larger school shootings since
>since
The answer was in the question the whole time.

Hell it wasn't even the biggest school massacre at the time. There were others before it that had higher death tolls.

Maybe it's because it's the only one perpetrated by a duo rather than a lone shooter.

umm...

it has clear CCTV footage, videos of the two practicing shooting in the forest, tons and tons of photos they took of their preparations, and to add to all that it happened before there was a standard media code of ethics for shootings so all of the above were spread and disseminated as widely as possible

OUTTA THE FUCKING BLUUUUUE

>ywn wear trenchcoat, military boots and sunglasses with Dylan in the middle of day

Also

because of the media reaction

same reason why there was supposedly lots of serial killers in the 80s, thats just when the media went apeshit for them

also funnily enough Eric specifically wanted to become a notorious mass murderer, they planted bombs in the cafeteria that failed to go off, but if they had he hoped they would "be bigger than the Oklahoma city bomber"

Because it's fucking cool.
Old friend of mine was going to go Columbine on the mall in his city with a chick he met on Tumblr and some random third wheel. Police got tipped off and he killed himself. It'll be two years Feb 12th.

They perfectly encapsulated the violence of the day, right fown to blowning up the world trade. They were the perfect repressed Amerikuk faglets. They could have gone on to be Marines and killed tons of Arabs but the one was too tightly wound.

2 shooters, strange motive, and "mass shootings" weren't as common then as they are now. I can't think of any mass school shootings before Columbine.

Why does the titanic have such lasting appeal? There have been larger peacetime maritime disasters but it's always the titanic that sticks in the popular imagination.

While there were school shootings in America before Columbine, Columbine was a big planned out event, with video footage of Eric and Dylan shooting guns, pictures of pipe bombs, and plans to outdo Oklahoma City and the World Trade Center bombing. It was also the first shooting covered by TV media, and they spread all the information about the shooting that they had, unlike today.

And now that third wheel is probably fucking tumblr girl. What a cuck! Sad!

>that one girl who got a tattoo of it

based

what's her social media?

clearly a stick-on

She actually has social media and if IRC a bunch of videos talking about how she loves the columbine kids. Can't remember the name for the life of me though.

we get enough white """""""""culture""""""""" as it is

who wore it better?

Do you think america would be any different today if those two chucklefucks had managed to make a bomb that actually worked?

>most iconic pop-culture moment/picture of the 90s
Only if you're american. And even then I'm not sure.
Worldwide it's this, by far.

Columbine is the fucking kino of school shootings, pleb. Eric and Dylan are deep as fuck characters. You ever read Rodger's stuff? He's totally one dimensional. The basement tapes are masterpieces.

I got you.

AHS 1st season

>girl
>school shooter

Nice try, ruseman

I don't think so. The OKC bombing caught the Fed's attention way more than a school shooting.

Schools are largely soft targets by design. McVeigh leveled an entire secure building with a van parked outside.

I have never seen this before.

Did they both sudoku or did one of them kill the other then killed himself?

>white
>duo
>90s aesthetics

>He's totally one dimensional.
Siad the pleb who has not studied true literary prose and the holy texts.

>the most iconic pop-culture moment/picture of the 90s
>this is what obese americucks actually believe

It's actually

It was the first big school shooting, it was pretty ambitious. Honestly I don't think any other has come close. Columbine had tons of guns and a bomb that failed to explode, and it was high schoolers vs high schoolers. VTech did way less damage and the asian perp seemed like a baby-back bitch. Sandy Hook was a grown man vs younglings.
The only incidents I think that come close aren't specifically school shootings. Also it doesn't help that virtually every class has a pool of weird kids who like leather dusters, which are then harassed because kids have no boundaries.

That's not the OJ trial

Not even close

Because it was a movie and also people secretly think that the ice berg did nothing wrong.

No.

He's in prison and she's on trial, so if they were fucking they didn't do it for long.
She was the one supplying the guns. The guys were leafcucks, so they couldn't buy them for themselves. She was also proof that Eurasian girls are as degenerate as their male counterparts.

Name a school shooting before with more casualties.

Yes.

longer than you ever will

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Public_School_193
70k dead on the first day

Who is Brenda Spencer, Alex.