ITT: Things plebes say

TFA is better than the Prequels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idvB-58uKjE
uk.businessinsider.com/every-character-in-rogue-one-ranked-2016-12
youtu.be/VNQBKFmrllo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is though.

I'd rewatch TFA over any of the prequels.

TFA was more entertaining than the 3 prequels combined

That lightsaber snow scene though

Plebes. Enjoy your 2 hour nostalgic wankfest

I rewatch the prequels fairly often
I rewatched TFA once and regretted it
So yes, TFA is a pleb movie

Enjoy George Lucas taking an eight hour dump on your chest

I'm fully honest now
I get that TFA ripped off a lot from the OT, but for the most part, i was fine with it

What other reason than the copy-pasting do people have to say that Prequels were better?

The soundtrack and characters

Name one likeable new character from TFA or R1

While it's a too safe soft reboot rehash of ANH in terms of narrative, TFA is still a well executed movie in all the other filmmaking departments.

While the prequels have massive non-arguable flaws in every filmmaking element you look, terribly executed.

The only positive elements of the prequels are the world building, soundtrack and sound design, everything else is pretty much atrocious.

>more entertaining
>pic related was the only good part of the movie
???

>Prequel characters
Finn and Rey was more likable than any of them combined. But I agree that the soundtrack was more memorable in the prequels, and that Rogue One was a bad movie.

>TFA
Well, Rey had a likable personality, even if she was a bit OP
And Kylo is an alright villain, IMO. He's not bad just because he's a whiny kid still in training.

>Rogue One
RO suffered terribly from not proper characterization
Saw Guerrera was interesting, had personality and backstory, but he had barely any screentime at all
Chirrut was a good idea, but a blind fighter is not something very unusual, and they didn't give him any personality other than "spiritual and confident" which really sucked

All the other characters of RO had some sort of bullshit. Too much focus on Jyn. Pilot had nothing. Baze was just an addition to Chirrut etc etc

>implying you and the whole place wasn't lit af when this happened

youtube.com/watch?v=idvB-58uKjE

Maybe if the scene was good.

>prequelfags so buttflustered they try to say prequels are better than OT
>they are so obviously and hideously wrong they eventually change the meme to "well pt is better than return of the Jedi"
>the prequels are still absolutely dogshit and clearly far worse than Jedi
>now the meme is TFA is worse than prequels
You guys are pathetic

Just admit the prequels were irredeemable shit. Even TFA was better, even though it's mediocre, derivative Hollywood assembly line crap.

But TFA was better than the prequels you dip

Yeah, the prequels have better IDEAS than TFA, but all of those ideas end up being implemented really poorly on-screen, usually in a bizarre and vaguely unsettling manner. You can have lots of good ideas for a movie and still manage to make a garbage movie from them.

TFA is more boring than the prequels, but it's still a better movie because at least it has a functional story and engaging characters. It's a fun, energetic little romp that you forget 2 days after watching, like every other JJ Abrams flick ever made.

That's preferable to an endless nightmare that you can never, ever wake up from.

Nobody says the prequels are better than the OT, faggot.

That was the meme in the past, new friend, and many people still insist the prequels are better than jedi

You apparently haven't seen a lot of these prequel apologist threads

>Name one likeable new character from TFA or R1
TFA: Rey, Finn, Poe, BB8
R1: K2SO, Bodhi, Jyn, General Merrick, Admiral Raddus, Chinese Stick Guy, Chinese Gun Guy

Nobody says the prequels are better than ROTJ and means it. You've been trolled, newfriend. Do you think the "MOS is great" threads are serious too?

>Bodhi, General Merrick, Admiral Raddus

Who the fuck are they? I only knew the droid because of the letters/numbers name, and YOU didn't even know the names of the Chinese guys!

>luke is able to keep from being shit down by Vader
>turns off targeting system and fires the proton torpedos with his eyes closed and uses the force to guide them in

He's a huge mary sue

>Luke was able to keep from being shit down by Vader

Because Vader never wanted to kill him.

>R1: K2SO, Bodhi, Jyn, General Merrick, Admiral Raddus, Chinese Stick Guy, Chinese Gun Guy

K2SO was the only good one here. Don't pretend for a fucking second that the wannabe jedi chink was remotely likable.

>Because Vader never wanted to kill him.
Vader didn't even know who the fuck he was

The evidence against that argument is literally one of the most iconic movie quotes of all time. Bad bait is fucking bad.

If you're over the age of 14 and liked TFA, I feel bad for you

First off yes he did. Second he sensed the power Luke was capable of and knew he was a valuable asset

He was though, he was the one everyone was talking about as people walked out of the cinema.

He's hugely popular, see: uk.businessinsider.com/every-character-in-rogue-one-ranked-2016-12

Ranked #1 character from R1 by a variety of media outlets.

Did you forget that that quote was from the sequel in which the emperor told Vader that Luke was Anakin's son? Vader, up until the emperor told him, believed that Luke was dead.

And?

>he's popular, so he must be a good character!

Get your shit right, it's canon that Vader didn't find out who he was until after IV.

Also in the original movie Darth was his name, not a title, and he wasn't related to Luke at all until Lucas saw how much of a cultural phenomenon Vader became, and changed the plot to make it all about Vader. Originally he was just some guy who wasn't anywhere near as important as Tarkin.

Meaning he didn't know who he was during the chase scene in the trench of the Death Star

It's a good indicator, but yeah it doesn't absolutely mean good character. However being popular means you are likeable. You literally cannot deny this.

I like how Vader wasn't trying to shoot him down in this scene

youtu.be/VNQBKFmrllo

I fucking hate emo Vader from the prequels and comics. If there's one thing Rogue One did right it was make Vader seem threatening again.

But he knew who Luke was the entire time they were fighting. In fact, he knew before they ever met face to face.

For every troll spouting a meme there are 30 weak minded dipshits who genuinely believe it, just look at Sup Forums

He doesn't use the force to guide them in, he uses it to aim them

You're just baiting now

>implying we were

Oh, movie-only baby. Am I supposed to be impressed by someone stopping a blaster shot when Starkiller pulled a fucking Star Destroyer out of orbit?

Even fucking Star Wars: rebels does a better job by far with Vader than the prequels

This. this is literally the only truly amazing part of the movie: to (finally) see a stormtrooper kicking ass... hell, even that silly silver propaganda stormtrooper did nothing the whole film.

Now, don't get me wrong, i did kinda like TFA, but i just think that the originals were much better... even the pretext of TFA is silly, with that stupidly overpowered deathstart copy that they had.

The originals had most of it right... except for the ewoks and the fact that they overpowered stormtroopers so easily.

Also, the image that OP posted is correct, Rey is of Mary Sue, whilst Luke is not.

I don't get the rage people had with Rogue One; it was pretty OK for me.

Well it's odd that he was able to even do that considering he had only just learned about the force the previous day.

How exactly?

That's not why it was amazing though. The scene was just perfect in it's setup. The way he yells traitor, the way the camera pans over to him, the way he throws his shit down like SHIT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN MOTHERFUCKER, and the way he whips out the baton and spins it. He was just fucking awesome. The fight sucked though, just like the lightsaber duel later on.

Prequels deserve more credit.

Luke went from a moisture farmer to a fighter pilot in less than a day. The mary sue gap between Rey and Luke is not that big.

He had a ship at the homestead. He went from flying a ship to flying a ship with his (weak) connection to the force.

The trip from tatooine to alderaan and from alderaan to Yavin are unknown time lengths, and you see him training and utilizing the force at least once during that training on the way to alderaan, it's not much of a stretch that he could aim some explosives at a hole with it afterward

>EU faggot and his super saijain planet crusher animu weeb cunt power level bullshit.

Did I fit enough buzzwords in there so that you get the point your a piece of shit for bringing that weak shit.

That's like a kid owning a moped knowing how to fly a F16.

Your bad at analogies.

Its more like a guy who rides dirt bikes getting a Harley.

Its not like Luke was even that good of a pilot, Han had to save his ass, most his squad got taken out by Vader, and he only got the final shot by the hair of his balls.

Stop trying to make your narrative that Mary sue was less of a Mary Sue.

It's not even close to that. The T-16 could fly like any snub fighter, just with lesser weaponry and maneuvering capabilities.

Methinks its more like a guy who had a monomotor airplane suddnely being able to fly a jet

Okai, I concede

the last third of it is decent, but the first two thirds of it felt pointless
it would have really benefitted from characters you could give a shit about

>methinks

auehauhe, sorry, i'll stop.

not to mention they already established that he was shooting small critters from his speeder
he could been unwittingly using the force to make those shots, thereby giving him the basic training needed to pull off a similar task here

>don't choke on your aspirations

I wonder how much time Luke spent on Dagobah. Or how long it took to get to Bespin on the Falcon without a hyperdrive.

>How
Because I'd like to think that you're not actually this stupid.

Are you saying Darth Vader didn't know who Luke was the entire time they were fighting and that he didn't learn who he was before they met face to face?

Just stop

I don't know about better. But it was certainly on par with them.

Thank you for admitting defeat.

I like how that image ignores Rey getting shrekt by Kylo twice and needing to be saved by Finn.

>I actually think any star wars film is better than a 7/10

If you cut back on some of the scenes on TPM like 80% of the scenes with Anakin by himself and toned down Jar Jar it would be brilliant

Nah, the movie is full of flaws.