Tfw already Sup Forumscore and they don't even have an album out yet

tfw already Sup Forumscore and they don't even have an album out yet

Attached: bc3eba2f8c821c9eb2c57537d13952502017159164028189.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Says who?

Yes very good goth band for real goth punk goth metal rockers. Very goth and authentic and indie.

Attached: Now That's Indie!.png (3688x1566, 3.21M)

holy shit. there's a new placebo album coming???

sad sad man

Attached: CLQDhpwUMAALZnC.jpg (600x602, 31K)

Pale Waves seems shit to me idk

kekd at this one

Attached: image.jpg (2491x1868, 2.48M)

Yo my fellow teen homie! glad to see you have good taste in real goth rock 'n' roll!

Attached: Pale Waves 1.png (1711x1005, 1.13M)

>intentionally uses the non-VEVO version
VEVO! The ultimate hub for real independent music made by independent musicians in their bedroom and not supported by corporate marketing departments! All your favorite real INDIE artists are on VEVO! SO INDIE!

Attached: vevo indie waves.png (303x171, 66K)

are these guys suspected plants too? I'm listening to television romance right now and it's pretty bland and the bass player is a goofball

>NO GOTH GF

Attached: dudewhattheheck.jpg (1200x1200, 371K)

>suspected
Virtually confirmed. The fact that the singer of a completely new, unheard of band showed up at their first high profile show playing a fucking $3000 guitar tells you everything.

"Suspected", user? Do you have ears? It's completely pure, unaltered, corporate girl-pop. Do you know how that music is made? Is it made by a "band" of kids with guitars in a basement who are into "goth" music? No. It's made by a team of songwriters, session musicians, and a Max Martin clone producer, all on the roster of some major label. How is it even possible that this music was produced "independently" by a "band" of teens?

this sounds like a carbon copy of the 1975 who already suck ass

Ok, this is mildly debatable due to the fact that Johnny Marr was indeed using Rickenbackers on the first few shows of The Smiths and those are stupidly expensive, but it does kinda send of signals of going for a specific audience (the kind of people that worship Vox guitars).
This is the most blatant fucking signal that they're industry plants. Even if they were into goth music at their poppiest, so stuff like Siouxsie Sioux and The Cure, well, it doesn't sound like that, there's not even a remote sense of inspiration from those soundscapes. There's just the most basic goth aesthetic going on for their clothing, the music sounds just like girlpop.

look at this guy's swagger

Attached: lookatthisdude.gif (480x270, 1.11M)

Imagine knowing the only reason anyone's heard of your band is because of the lead singers make up.

legit swag 420 blaze it my dude bro home slice doggie! Meet me later at the sk8 park for a bowl bro dog! legit cool tunes my dude! Let's all buy some merch and albums, alright?

Attached: pale waves.png (1024x759, 456K)

>Watch a Vulfpeck video once.

The difference is that in the 80's virtually anything that wasn't a $1000+ guitar from a high profile brand was most likely Chinese garbage made from plastic, chipboard and plywood, so you kinda had to fork over the big bucks for a decent playing instrument. Good, cheap guitars weren't really a thing back then.

Plenty of people that have expensive gear have never played shows.

Rich parents=/=industry plant

>ignore the glaring fact that the music is corporate pop music which fully demonstrates that this is not an "independent" "band" of teenagers
>focus in on irrelevant argument about expensive gear
srry. it's too late to salvage this thread, shill user.

That particular Vox was Ian Curtis' signature one, so yeah, it raises red flags.

i hate him

I agree they have financial backing out the ass. Like, no shit. The guitar argument was just retarded. You wouldn't know your favorite band if someone hadn't shilled them out the ass. Wake up duder.

Interesting my teen friend sk8r homie. What exactly would you say is unappealing about this member of the independent band Pale Waves? Would you say that his lack of appeal would make you less likely to buy Pale Waves products and merchandise? What kind of person would make you more likely to buy Pale Waves products and merchandise? Just curious. Lemme know though. You can mail your answers to Bob Goldstein at EMI. Thanks, bro dog. 420 blaze it. catch ya later.

>shitty generic pop song
>dresses like a goth chick

?

He doesn't look like Jackie Chan in the 80's for starters.

People in the comments comparing them to The Cure, it bugs tf outta me. Autism I swear

Attached: 54930364 (1).jpg (602x709, 66K)

I want to blow a load in her mouth and never speak to her again.

he looks retarded but the guitarist is subtle and has an attractive face

>that neckscarf for hiding the obvious seam between her sickly yellow facepaint and her natural skin tone

>that bottom row of teeth
monstrous

keep in mind they are british, she's like in top 2% of the whole country's top dental work

I would like it if he dressed like thsi, that would make him epic style

Attached: the madman.jpg (500x636, 48K)

Wtf that was the most ungothy thing I've listened to

Well that was fucking disappointing.
Seriously, just like the most fucking generic music i've heard, they couldn't even have done broadcast tier pop?

Are Iceage industry plants as well? There's something suspicious about them to me.

Even at their fucking poppiest The Cure never even remotely sounded like that. Oh, and apparently they played a fucking soldout show in the Madison Square Garden in 2016. Supporting The 1975, mind you, two years after the band formed - The 1975 are, curiously enough, their labelmates. Speaking of The 1975, the direction for Television Romance is the lead singer of The 1975. Apparently they formed in Manchester as Creek in 2014, changing to Pale Waves in 2016 - when they changed bassist and guitarrist. This, of course, raises the question of whether anyone even saw them perform, because they were soon signed to Dirty Hit Records, who also have Wolf Alice in their lineup. And other stuff, too. All the while recieving constant media support from the UK.

Yup, industry fucking plants.

Nah, Iceage are legit. One of the few modern "indie" bands who rose to prominence the old school way(constant touring, constant work on new material, actually developing an idiosyncratic and individual sound and image) instead of having their rich parents buy them music careers or their friends at Pitchfork set them up.

Yeah, quantity of material and constant touring is a legit method of seeing whether or not you're an industry plant. Iceage formed 2008, released an EP the following year, then released an LP two years later, releasing three singles that would end up on the LP, all while touring shitty fucking venues. Meanwhile, Pale Waves formed 2014, released their first four singles - not even a fucking EP, straight to singles - in 2017, and they were playing their sold out show at the Madison Square Garden after their first single.

Which black metal band is this

looks like a saw blade

depends on the artist, different people make it different ways

most effective way is recognizing immediate unique songwriting that actually happens to be good

if nobody else can write it and it's good you know that they worked their ass off to get there

I could give a fuck how much they toured, that shit will cost you money if you don't have the right set up and I don't blame anybody for not touring until it's the right time.

Most cities will give you utter shit audience which is usually just other musicians at their own gig. It takes a long time and a lot of work to develop your own craft

They're not goth whatsoever. I was excited the first time I saw a Pale Waves pic (they were shilled heavily here) and I listened to their stuff. I was in disbelief. The singer literally only dresses as goth, that's it, that's the only goth they have as a band. They sound like your average """""indie"""" pop band. Literally style over substance.

HOLY FUCK WHY DO YOU LOSERS CARE ABOUT WHETHER AN ARTIST IS AN INDUSTRY PLANT OR NOT IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER IF THEY HAVE CORPORATE BACKING THIS ISNT THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT ITS JUST FUCKING MUSIC

im asian

Oh well, I'm asian

I'm glad I actively ignore any of these shitty threads promoting any of these nu-indie bands coming out recently.

t. pale waves

These posts about the band not making "goth" music are pretty irrelevant since as far as I know they've never claimed that they make goth music. Just because the singer's styled herself a certain way doesn't mean she's beholden to making a certain kind of music...what's the problem?

T. Shill

but muh poseurs

i cant wait to be famous so i can bludgeon these hacks with a guitar, have it reported as an "overdose" and get away with it

Their lyrics speak to me in a way that I can relive the youth I missed out on

Shill is upset that Sup Forums is finally being slightly more aware of this issue

Attached: 1521336463916.jpg (508x291, 42K)

I am convinced that it is literally just one guy posting these muggle memes

based

Oi vey losers! Listen to more manufactured music!

>WHY DO YOU CARE IF YOU'RE BEING TREATED LIKE A RETARD, LIED TO, AND CYNICALLY EXPLOITED FOR MONEY AND EGO, BY SOULLESS EXECUTIVES AND SELLOUT TEENAGERS?
>t. ultimate supercuck

>tfw no big tiddie goth gf

this is the most muggle tier statement I've ever seen

Attached: muggle.jpg (332x443, 12K)

t. malfoy

for you.

Attached: 1481081669142.png (244x326, 124K)

good one, user. roflol

Is she wearing a necklace with her name on it

I saw them perform, in Manchester, in 2016. Went on a whim not knowing any of their stuff. I was only 23 but I think I was the oldest person in the audience by at least two years. Thought they were rubbish and left halfway through.

>Releasing "albums"

Attached: 1513328587228.jpg (480x362, 19K)

/plant/core

>generic indie band takes advantage of the tfw no goth gf meme

That f album mate

yeah it fucking sucks

They're not Sup Forumscore by at all, fuck off with your shilling OP

we need more goth qts

Attached: qt.png (860x860, 806K)

EP just came out, so shilling is in full effect

this song is bad

>industry plants
>Sup Forumscore
pick one

>above average looking girl caked in make-up
>plant her with some other musicians and children of rich families
>manufacture a shit song
>dump some advertising money
>retards start calling it Sup Forumscore

I think you mean
>hire shills to start calling it Sup Forumscore

They're basically the 1975 lite and honestly I dunno why but I can't stop listening to them.

Attached: pale waves.jpg (1500x1000, 130K)

Just noticed. LOL. Gotta get that name recognition going somehow.

Interesting how they pop up again a few days before their new video comes out.

By the way, HEY, DIRTY HIT SHILL.

Tell Heather she's cute as fuck.

like falling dominoes

kys commie

in the end, it's only you guys who care if an act is manufactured
normies will eat it up regardless
but never let anybody tell you you shouldn't care, because if you don't stick up for what you believe in then you're nothing

Attached: 02-Lana-Del-Rey-cr-Neil-Krug-2017-press-photos-billboard-1548.jpg (1548x1024, 271K)

yeah you're right it doesn't matter if they're industry plants, the music sucks regardless

Lol this sounds like 1975 mixed with Chrvches

wtf

Attached: CenaMad.jpg (259x195, 8K)

holy shit, they're babies with all perfectly groomed haircuts and sparkling pop production
this is 100% corporate

It doesn't even have to be an issue of standing up for what you believe in or anything that dramatic. The issue is simply this: how do you respond to being lied to? Do you say "thank you kind master" and hand over your money, or do you say "fuck off"?

If you don't understand why corporate music is bad, then you don't belong here, okay?

w2c this swagger

michael cera

id fuck his bussy

>wearing a fucking necklace with her name on it
this is the most tryhard shit ever

PSA
Sup Forumscore was set in stone back in 2012
Anything claiming to be Sup Forumscore is clearly trying to shill to newfags.

Based Potterposter.

Hey man I got some music for you to listen to while you get down.

Attached: CKY (Camp Kill Yourself) - Volume 1 (Remastered) (CD) 1999.jpg (200x200, 15K)

Whoops wrong thread, sorry