Well?

well?

I don't know

Supernatural?

Most people don't even sit there and attentively watch tv anymore. They play it on in the background while playing with their phone or hanging out with friends. It's easy to burn through seasons while treating it like a decoration.

many great shows take 1-2 seasons to get going, fuck this panel

I usually marathon 5-6 minutes of an episode while I wait for my threads to get new (you)s. Currently working on a couple of anime but I am open to some traditional television if anyone can recommend something decent now that most shows are in offseason presently.

T W I N P E A K S

Bullshit.

People keep watching because they see a glimmer of something that they think they might like. But when it doesn't pan out they drop it and move on.

No muss, no fuss.

Glib comic strips aren't worth the shit they're scrawled with.

Breaking Bad

But Twin Peaks is a God tier show and the pilot episode is by far the best episode.

my wife does this and has utterly lost the capability of just WATCHING something with her full attention. We sat to watch jurassic park, and she was on her phone, up making snacks, etc.

infuriating. I try to put something stupid like american dad/futurama on for background noise and within an episode i'm just on the couch watching.

>He doesn't like what I like
>He must be brain damaged

t. CTR Nigger.

Why not use a good show as decoration?

I don't know, at one point you gotta pass the pain tolerance.
I mean I enjoyed the first two seasons of GoT. Then the show turned bad and I fist hoped it would get better. I was wrong and solely watched it to see how much worse it can get. I finally gad enough in the middle if last season.

>keep watching Twin Peaks, it gets better
Said no one ever. Twin Peaks is a show that you instantly either love or hate. Practically everyone agrees that episode 1 is the best episode of the entire series.

>just turn your brain off

>using a Sup Forums bogeyman unironically

i think the brain damage approximation was fairly accurate

this is why I can't watch anything with anybody

>Practically everyone agrees that episode 1 is the best episode of the entire series.

I've never heard anyone say that. I'd argue the most loved episodes are Episodes 7, 14 and 16.

Back to plebbit you go.

ah, now the catch-all bogeyman. Try for a 3-combo?

Star Trek TNG got massively better after season 2

Honestly, don't know. I immediately drop watching something if I don't enjoy it. There is so much cool stuff out there to be discovered and consumed that it's really stupid to waste time on something which is not satisfying

This is Firefly, except episodes and not seasons.

Black Sails' first few episodes suck, yet it steadily grows into one of the best shows ever made by season 2.

i think like this and it leads me to flit from activity to activity worrying "am i enjoying this as much as i would be enjoying something else?"

Humans were not programmed to work well with choices

I never get insecure like that but I can see how that might happen. Of course there's always something cooler and more entertaining to do but even a mediocre activity is better than a boring show or something else that feels like a complete waste of time. And when it happens to enjoy something, I just focus on it without being aware of my enjoyment of it.

cuck

This is why you watch good movies by yourself, and shit movies with your friends

>SMBC

He's a bigger faggot than xkcd and that's saying something.

A movie can do in two hours what tv shows fail to do in 20.

Sounds like you married a fucking pleb who's going to cheat on you.

No fucking way, Randall Monroe is the biggest faggot pussy that ever existed. The only person quite possibly more pathetic than him is the Ctrl+Alt+Delete guy.

This. I tried to stick with it more than once and I couldn't finish it. I just didn't care about anyone in the story.

This was true for 'Person of Internet'. "It gets good later." No it fucking doesn't. It's just generic network garbage through and through.

Yeah SMBC is occasionally funny but xkcd is usually just egregious

I don't know, man.

Not only is the xkcd guy a faggot, hes an insufferable faggot at that.

>Futurama
>stupid
GTFO

>unsufferable

I see you

I think he's genuinely autistic.

Beer Hipsters are the fucking worst though. Anybody that doesn't just drink to stifle the loneliness is the fucking worst.

>Brown person is smart
>White person is not smart
There, I summed up every SMBC comic ever

Funny that you mention this and I just so happen to have started marathoning TNG yesterday. I agree, season 1 lacks in a lot of areas and episodes are forgettable.

why didn't you pause it while she was making snacks? I bet you had some of them, didn't you?

You're a monster.

So you can either be a beer hipster or an alcoholic? You sound like you read xkcd.

Not that guy, but I use Futurama as a background show just because I've seen it so many times.

If you don't like beer and your gender is M make sure your balls didn't fall off.

SMBC is occasionally funny, but the comics about academic/intellectual stuff often come across as smug and annoying

I can imagine when she wants to watch HGTV with you you are on your phone/computer or paying attention to something else.

>. Try for a 3-combo?
A 3-combo of what you idiot?

Randall is ""that guy"". He's the kind of person who unironically says "akshually" in conversations. He's like everything wrong with reddit

He's right though, beer tastes shit and is literal toxic fungal waste, and is a waste of money AND interferes with your cognitive abilities when you're under the influence and is essentially for insecure cucks

and it's full of estrogen

beer tastes so good it becomes an ingredient in food

you just have underdeveloped taste buds

Battlestar Galactica.

What if most TV series first seasons are usually at best decent not for budget problems but because they've already figured out that if the first season is weak but the second one is strong people will watch both of them and eventually get hooked on them regardless of the quality of the show?
I mean, TV shows are produced by actual corporations, why wouldn't they adopt manipulatory tactics such as the one stated above to increase their earnings?

Twin Peaks was GOAT cause of Lynch's writing and the OST.
I don't think that it should be included in the same group of all the other tv series. It's more of a work of art rather than a product.

I guess that's why people drink giant glasses of vinegar straight
Because it's used in food, it HAS to taste good

A little beer is good
A lot of beer is unneeded

Why don't you eat garlic cloves on their own then, or chug ketchup

and a TV show can do in a season what a movie could never possibly do for lack of time

things like character development

Vinegar is a popular beverage in many cultures, jackass.

You don't have to drink it. Ignore people telling you otherwise.

I have yet to meet anyone that likes beer, wine, whiskey, coffee, dark chocolate, and green tea on their first try, but I relish them all now. Some things you have to grow to love.

>I have yet to meet anyone that likes beer, wine, whiskey, coffee, dark chocolate, and green tea on their first try

I have liked all of those things except for beer and coffee (I assume you mean black) on my first try. I'm of the idea that everything at least deserves a chance before you can say it's shit or not. Then again I also have pleb tier taste buds that can enjoy just about anything.

I'm gay I like mens

My mom and sister both do this, its infuriating.

That's coming from someone clinically diagnosed with ADD.

This.
Movies are to TV series what comic books are to real books.

The problem I have with TNG is that even the good episodes feel like watered-down Twilight Zone or Political Space Drama, the best being when they manage to combine both, rarely.

I'd rather just go watch the Twilight Zone that did it better.

Guys, it just means they didn't like the show very much.

They do it with everything they watch, with or without me. Its more background noise than anything yet they have the audacity to say they "watched all of that show" and can't even name characters.

Rationalizing cognitive dissonance is brain damage, user. Do you have brain damage or something?

I do that all the time with sitcoms I've already seen. I can't imagine doing that with a drama (especially one I've never seen before).

>>Rationalizing cognitive dissonance

No, brain damage is not understanding people like different things.

I know. My wife did it with the entirety of the Gilmore Girls when it got that final season. That's because it wasn't that good.

Meanwhile, someone so much as cleared their throat in the first 2 seasons of GoT and we had to go back 10 seconds.

>It's more of a work of art rather than a product.

This is very well said. I didn't finish Twin Peaks but I can still appreciate it for what it is.