Americans

Americans
I can you explain to me some gub laws you have in your country?

I was wondering, is it legal to shoot to kill someone who's trying to assault you with non-lethal force?

For example, you get into an argument with some guy. The guy tries to punch you in the face you pull out your gun and kill him

Is it legal?

No, but it depends on how the prosecution tries to charge it. If you're getting pummeled and think you're gonna die, that might hold up in court. One punch in the face you're going to jail . It has to be clear that your life was in danger.

Yes, it is. If your carrying a firearm and someone punches you randomly in the face for no reason, it's absolutely reasonable to argue in court that you were in fear for your life. If you were knocked out by that punch, or forced the the ground in a struggle then the other person could potentially gain access to to the gun your carrying and your not only at fear for your own life but other people in the area. Who knows what a violent person who has just committed assault would do to you or innocent bystanders if he got a gun at that moment, so it's justifiable that you blow his brains out.

That said, you need a level head if your carrying a gun. You can't bait a black person into punching you by calling him a nigger or provoking a fight. You need to avoid such situations by the best of your ability, don't go to bars or alcoholic frat parties, but if you do your part and still get caught up in shit, you end it fast.

You can pretty much get away with it especially if you have a carry license

That's not likely to be legal, no. But if you can prove that you REASONABLY thought that your life was in danger because of this dude, like you had seen him flashing a gun or a knife, and he had somehow expressed a desire to use it on you, then MAYBE.

Only if you fear for your life.

So yes. How can he refute your claim, he's dead.

at no time is it ever "legal" to kill someone, but it can be legal to use deadly force to defend yourself, this is called justifiable homicide...trayvon martin is a classic example of this.

In Iowa I can kill someone for committing a felony against myself or my neighbor, if I remember the law correctly.

>assaulting someone is non-lethal force

How about I assault you and see if you live you fucking mexican piece of shit

He doesn't need a knife or gun. Just the fact that YOU have a firearm makes it a potentially deadly encounter and enables the use of deadly force.

TLDR: You don't get into a scuffle if your carrying a firearm. You can't under ANY circumstances.

Police don't get to blow unarmed violent peoples brains out because they are specifically trained to take people down with non-lethal means. It's their job.

Normal everyday citizens are held to much MUCH less.

It is dumbfuck

>Non-lethal force
Define non-lethal force.
'Non-lethal force' can end in lethal force.
Sure the guy just had a stick when you shot him, he could just be using 'non-lethal force', or he could have bashed your head in with it once you were on the ground.
You can murder someone with your bare hands.

Sure he could have just been using non-lethal force or had a homicidal intent, police don't know or care about that because you killed them before it could escalate to that. Police understand this because they have to deal with training on it, cops here might seem trigger happy, but that's because their lives could be on the line with every person they meet.

Really, who gives a shit? Oh no, one less fucking criminal in our society, how will we cope?

>trying to assault you with non-lethal force

Define that please?
How exactly would you know if their intention while assaulting you was "non-lethal"?

>Someone breaks into your house and attacks you
>"I'm assaulting with with non-lethal intentions"

There's no way to know a persons intentions except to assume if their assaulting you their most likely intending to cause you permanent harm and thus you're within legal and moral means to stop them.
Your statement is a weak attempt at painting someone into a corner.

So i guess all those people killed by the result of an assault were just pretending to be dead.

>hurr if you die from being puched it isn't assault

fuck you moosenigger

It varies per state. In New York you pretty much have to be almost dead to get off on self defense.

In North Corolina you can pretty much kill somebody for stepping on your grass.

At the end of the day it's up to the prosecutor and the jurry if they decided to charge you.

Not in general. Unless you're a cop. Or you're in Texas, and the person needed killing.

More murders are committed with barely hands than rifles. How do you define nonlethal force? I'm sure you'd get arrested for shooting someone who maced you, but I have the feeling that's not what you were talking about.

Depends on where you live. In Connecticut it's practically illegal to kill someone who is trying to kill you. Law says you are only allowed to kill in self defense if there is absolutely no other option. If you had a chance to run away or avoid lethal force and you didn't use them you'll go to jail.

> If your carrying a firearm and someone punches you randomly in the face for no reason, it's absolutely reasonable to argue in court that you were in fear for your life.

You'll have a hard time convincing a jury though, unles you are old and frail or a woman, and your assailant was young or very big and muscular.

>I was wondering, is it legal to shoot to kill someone who's trying to assault you with non-lethal force?

Usually not, but the laws on use of force vary in all states.

In Texas if a reasonable person would fear that either their life is in danger or risk of serious bodily injury then it would be justifiable.

Non-lethal force isn't a thing by the way.

If the attack is continuing you probably can get away with lethal force.

If you get hit and then things cool off for a few minutes and then you walk over and blast the guy, you are going to be in mucho trouble Jose.

>trying to assault you with non-lethal force?
how can I tell if he intends to use non lethal force?

Look juan, its this easy; if you don't want to got shot, how about you leave me the hell alone? Be polite, say your please and thank you, and we'll both be happy campers.

I live in the deep south and I've never even had a problem with blacks or felt that I needed to pull out my firearm. Nogs here are pretty friendly, or just on their way to buy some nigarillos and aren't interested in trouble. then again, I'm out in the sticks and not the city.

Isn't that escalating force though?

> who's trying to assault you with non-lethal force
There's no real way to prove in court that someone is trying to attack you with non-lethal force.

But muh dindu nuffins

>assault you with non-lethal force?
What does this mean?
> guy tries to punch you in the face
>blows tp the head aren't dangerous
Fuck off

If its a nigger then you're good. spongebob that pickaninny mf'er

>Police don't get to blow unarmed violent peoples brains out because they are specifically trained to take people down with non-lethal means.

Huh?

lol, how would you know if they're trying to assault you with lethal force? Do you have to wait to be dead?

every adult male is armed with a deadly weapon, it is called their body. once some guy is really attacking you, not just a few shoves, in many cases it is reasonable to fear for your life and health.

Hell, here in Texas if someone tried stealing you or your neighbors shit and is running away you can kill them.

People can criticize our gun laws if they like, but nobody can talk shit on the legalities of killing people here.

El Chapo, why do you want to punch Trump?

>I can you explain to me some gub laws you have in your country?

Alaska (it's a state but oh well), basically none

>I was wondering, is it legal to shoot to kill someone who's trying to assault you with non-lethal force?

Yes, if you fear for your life and we have castle and stand your ground laws. Plus your jury, if it goes that far, will be full of patriotic gun owners.

gun laws in america are confusing. every state has different laws and some counties and cities do too.

if you do the shooting in your own home, you're generally going to be fine no matter which state you live in.
if you do the shooting out in public or even outside your home on your own property, you might have problems depending on where you live.

>Glock 10mm?

enjoy your shitty firearm and hard to find ammo.

>Polaris and the big dipper

Alaska intensifies.

Do it to a stranger in your home, you're golden. Do it in to a stranger in the middle of the street, you'll probably get away with it as an act of self-defense. Do it in a bar fight, you'll probably go down for manslaughter. Do it to someone you know, it'll be murder.

Always remember Aussie. I am a citizen, you are a subject.

It depends on the states self defense law.

In Arizona we have what's known as "castle" self defense laws, meaning that if you are attacked, no matter where or when you are the arbiter of how much force is required to make sure whoever threatened your Saftey can never do it agian, up to and including killing your assailant.

In other states they might have reasonable cause self defense laws where you if you are able to escape your assailant you are required by law to do so, and only when you cannot escape your assailant are you allowed to use lethal force as either a solution to the issue or as a deterrent.

Arizona is not the only castle state, but castle states are few and far between.

>non-lethal force?
What, like, hitting you with a pool noodle?

>The guy tries to punch you in the face
Oh. So potentially lethal force. Yeah you can shoot him.

I am more then a subject, I am a loyal subject that lives in the Commonwealth Realm of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

You just live in a "republic". You don't even live in a Realm.

>enjoy your shitty firearm and hard to find ammo.

Ammo is easy to find in the US
Glock has a well deserved reputation for being virtually indestructible.

Your half-asses attempts at shitposting shame all of your kind Aussiefag.

>not reloading
if you plan to shoot over 1300 rounds of ammo in your lifetime, its worth investing in a 600 buck press.

Just a friendly reminder to all gun owners: shoot to kill, it's harder to be convicted for murder than to be sued for maiming

always remember this picture

In Canada you are allowed to defend yourself or others form bodily harm by equal means. Despite what majority of people think. So if someone attacks you, or someone, with fists, you defend with fists. With knifes, the same and so on with firearms. If you use a knife to defend yourself against an assault by fists, chances are you'll be put up for some kind of charges. But keep in mind, in Canada we have no property rights so we can not defend our property from theft or destruction. Only bodily harm, as it is a human right to defend yourself from harm.

don't fucking touch me and you won't have to die you manlet smelly bitch.

Your ancestors.

In my state (South Carolina) it's legal to kill someone if they are physically attacking you and you fear for your life. You have to be able to prove it though. Which if you were actually being attacked with force intended to end your life shouldn't be difficult to do.

You need a background check for all guns, but you can walk out of the store same day for anything but a handgun (24 hour cool down period in case you're intending to kill someone or yourself).

CWP is easily obtainable, just take a "class" (shoot at a target a few times, listen to some guy talk), submit fingerprints, pass criminal record screening.

But it's also worth noting that if you pull a gun on someone without just cause, it's a felony. Which means your right to legally own weapons will be revoked etc.

In some Castle doctrine states though, it's completely legal to kill someone for breaking into your home even if they don't do anything violent, such as Colorado and Illinois. But most of these states require it to be in some form of self defense.

kek

>is it legal to shoot to kill someone who's trying to assault you with non-lethal force?

You must be in fear of losing your life or suffering serious bodily harm.

checked

I think it's called stand your ground

America should be like a western movie.

>You need a background check for all guns, but you can walk out of the store same day for anything but a handgun (24 hour cool down period in case you're intending to kill someone or yourself).
no there isn't.
I live in south Carolina, every time I've bought a firearm, I've had a five minute background check and just walked out of the store.
The class is deceptive, since you'll need to take a Saturday off and pay 100 dollars, which already puts it out of reach of many people that work for a living. Renewal can be done online with no issue though. Carrying without a permit is only a misdemeanor for the first charge, which means you can do it if you feel in danger, better have a candy shoplifting tier charge than being dead or mugged.

>Be canadian
>being mugged, mugger has knife
>brandish my knife and fight him
>copper comes by, sees our tussle and cones to break it up
>Copper notices my knife is .5cm longer than my assailant
I> am now facing attempted manslaughter charges, min 20yrs prison

I'm not sure what you mean, like you have a CWP and you don't have the handgun cool down period? I didn't say anything to the contrary, I have a CWP but haven't tried buying anything since I got it.

I can't speak for other states but for Georgia its like this

Stranger on your property and he doesn't have a reason to be there? You can fill him with holes doesn't matter.

Someone assaults you and they're carrying a weapon? You can shoot to kill.

Someone tries to punch you? You should try to avoid it in any way possible but if your back is to a corner shoot anywhere but the heart or face.

There's other factors to take into account but that's the gist of it. Basically don't dump an entire mag into them and then call the cops a week later.

If I slapbox you, would it be considered lethal in Australia?

It's decided on a case-by-case basis.

In other words, it's all nonsense and you'll probably go to jail for life if the judge or jury doesn't like you.

there is no cooldown period at all in south Carolina, permit or not. Doesn't matter what you're buying.
There is also no firearm registry in the state, all they know is that you conducted a transaction under the name that was given for the background check, but they don't know what you bought other than it was some sort of firearm.

holy fuck, alaska is beautiful

I can only speak for Michigan...

You are allowed to shoot if you have what a reasonable person would consider to be a threat to your life or other people's life.

However... the law also lists three crimes where the law must ASSUME your life is in danger...

... carjacking
... home invasion
... attempted rape.

In those cases, the police must assume you were justified in shooting unless they can prove otherwise.

In most states, if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night its perfectly legal to shoot and kill. Even here in Caliphornia. In fact, it's generally more advisable to mag dump and absolutely slaughter the nigger rather than shoot to wound. 1 because he wont be able to testify against you in court and say "ay yo dis muhfugga invited me in for a fowty and a blunt", 2 because he wont be able to sue you for his injuries in civil court. All of his baby mommas might try to sue you later for wrongful death though.

Also build wall.

How does it feel knowing that my country has more white people than your entire country has people AND emus combined?

I should add that mag dumping implies you were genuinely terrified and in fear for your life and just started slamming the trigger in panic. Strengthens your case in the civil trial later.

Yea Martin is a good example.

Forgetting Florida bitch.

you can only attack a person with a bat you use anything else and they throw you in prison fag

>being assaulted
>expected to analyze attack for potential lethality before retaliating
BUILD WALL

Oh shit...

We're the best states.

Depends on the state, but the general idea is that you are not expected to know the intentions of your attacker.
If you are assaulted and you can prove after the fact that you were "reasonably" scared for your life then you can kill your attacker.
If you kill your attacker with a firearm it is permitted so long as you were carrying that firearm legally.
This is where the law varies from state to state.
Some states you are allowed to have a gun with you just for fun, while others require special permits

This

It really depends on the escalation of force.
Did you keep the arguments going? Did you try to disengage and leave?
Using a CC weapon should be a life or death last defence.