Medieval fantasy "city"

>Medieval fantasy "city"
>No surrounding farms, no pastures or animal herds, how do they get food?
>No water source, no ports
>No fucking roads, how do they even transport goods?
>Denethor can still eat tomatoes and chicken for some reason

Inb4 "It's a fantasy film dude just turn your brain off lmao"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Osgiliath is a stones throw away and has a river running through it

would make more sense if there were settlements of peasants and low class folk instead of empty fields around the fortified city.

Just turn your brain off lmao

Jackson is shit tier

I'm sure it was in the book

go listen to the opening theme of mst3k

Your post is shit tier.

your life is fucking shit tier. how do look yourself in the mirror in the morning?

>he thinks this is an epic burn

>It's a fantasy film dude just turn your brain off lmao

One of about a thousand reasons why you shouldn't be watching medieval fantasy shit in the first place.

this picture does not show much of MT field may be there was some farms?

not a city, it's a fortress. they really should have included the surrounding farms though

Where is the color?

Was there ever a guesstimate on how tall this fucking city is?

Sauron stole it

The movie scenes take place during late autumn/winter

Why didn't the Nazguls just transport the orcs onto the top of the city?

It is. Pelenor Fields is a huge tract of farm land.

Do you think that what it is to keep your brain 'on' when watching a film is to constantly question the practicalities of what you're watching?

Interesting, I think keeping your brain on when watching a film involves recognising that it isn't reality and instead focusing on the thematic elements.

In fact, what you refer to as keeping your brain on to me sounds like the dumbest fucking way to watch a film imaginable.

>b-b-ut this wouldn't work in reality.

*golf clap* well done, retard. You're a genius.

magic

This is in fact valid criticism, since in Fellowship the hobbits have farms outta the ass. Just putting some signs of human settlement in the backgrounds throughout the Rohan/Gondor parts would've been something.

It's not about the setting you fucking dunce. It's about the epic battles and characters.

Dude it's fantasy just turned your brain off

Dude it's a movie just turn your phone off

And now would they even do that? By using the fellbeasts? i don't think they could carry a whole lot... besides, they would be easy targets for the archers.

pretty sure they talk about that in the dvd extras
Pelenor Fields where no included because of the cost of cgi that only autists would complain about. also the aesthetic effect of having the rohieram trampeling a load of people homes while fighting the oliphants was considered not hero like
i agree with this decision and im a big fan of the book

I imagine that High-fantasy settings just have more advanced ways of discretely doing all these things.

OP hasn't been anywhere but Americlap

>No surrounding farms, no pastures or animal herds, how do they get food?

How do you know that? Do you have an overhead shot you can post?

Exactly how Constantinople used to get food.

Grow inside the walls, import it.
Don't forget, there were passages in to mountains and probably some other shit.

How does his hat stay on?

>youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ

I always just told myself that it was winter and those were wheat/barley fields all around MT that they had let go fallow.

What always got me was how teensy they decided to make Edoras, it's like the fucking "capital" in skyrim.

this is the correct answer. The people of Minas Tirith ate only mushrooms, which is why they were so grey all the time.

It really was at the end of Winter, the battle for Pelennor Fields took place on March 10th so they certainly wouldn't be growing anything yet in earnest.

thank you user, I need that kind of reassurance.

Jackson ran out of the CGI budget

in the books the Pelennor is a populated farmland (it is also far bigger)

Actually Edoras is just isn't so egregious as in the books and movies the rohhirrim don't actually live in cities like the gondorians do. Rohan is sparsely populated pastureland with the population all being in villages and fiefs. Edoras isn't really a true city or capital either, it's just the Kings mead hall, tombs and place of living, the only people who live there work there, it's not really a settlement in the traditional sense. This is because the rohirrim are based on the anglosaxons and that's how they lived. Also the movie Dora's is strikingly similar to the drawings by Howe and tolkiens own description. Hope this post was helpful

To add, just like at helms deep there were already people living there when the refugees arrived that likely were custodians and fed the garrisoned soldier et cetera, despite helms deep being simple a fortress and not a city either.