What did he mean by this?

what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ygRholyh5g
youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHw0Ovqf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Hello, I am a random Twitter/maybe Youtuber and I am a functioning autist, as is anyone who follows/watches me"

he's got a point

the only thing that sees adam's raw footage is his dog

Isn't it the resulting editing? It's not supposed to be about the difficulty, but the final quality

Sure, but you can say the same of the direction and the score etc. Shots and songs we didnt see and hear.

Editor is like a bassist, you only notice when he fucks up

Editing is just code for pacing.

kekkk

no he doesn't. awards are given to the final product. vfx people don't get awards for workprint effect shots.

But there is no comparison of the footage before compared to after. I'm sure there are extremely rare cases where the film maker has planned enough that there is minimal editing required.

But it's also Adam just being upset that Canada didn't actually legalize dog sucking.

>t. a youtuber/dog rapist who has never edited a film and has no idea what he's talking about

why are these worthless youtube goobers so popular? they know literally nothing about actual filmmaking.

t. fucking retard that knows nothing about making movie

say what you say about RLM but at least Mike and Jay know a shit about filmmaking and aren't retarded. not even Stuckmann is this clueless.

why is this worthless camwhore goober so __cute__?

Because you're nonwhite and have shit tastes.

He has a point to a certain extent as there's also no real way of knowing how many angles they had on certain scenes or whether there was a performance left out that is superior to the one in the final cut. But things like the timing of certain cuts and how long you hold on a specific shot in a scene really dictates the cadence of what people are seeing and whether something will throw them off or be too jarring.

Take these for example:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ygRholyh5g

youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHw0Ovqf4

Both are pretty well choreographed but the editor on Crouching Tiger left a little more timing on the close ups of the characters and added some nice speed ramping, and overall (personally) the fight feels more like a dance and has an ice ebb and flow to it.

While on the other hand, Troy is very cutty and has the added detriment of cutting back to the audience of the fight which doesn't hold very well because it breaks then tension in a few moments.

Unfortunately so much of the edit depends on the DoP, director and even the performances of the actors, but at least they aren't usually blamed for the shortcomings of a film because in terms of narrative they are the last people to touch the project before colour and VFX, so there's really no reason for it to be shit if what they've been given has a lot of substance to it.

maori witchcraft

The point doesn't really work because we're talking about the finished product, not how someone improved upon/changed something. It's more about how it's done, rather than how it's changed. You could say the same thing about Best Screenplay, what if the written work was great, but the film ended up shit.

Well you certainly dont need to see any raw footage to identify shit identifying, so you must be able to at least approximate quality editing.

shit editing***

The editing categories are decided by the EDITORS GUILD, who certainly know more than him

The guy is retarded

it doesnt matter what might have been, only what it is

this guy is as dumb as most of the posters on this board, he most definitely one of you

Hola ______

So you can't judge Suicide Squad's 2 seconds long shots if you didn't see a raw footage, huh?

The point is maybe the raw footage was better but the editor cut too soon/late and therefore the version we got is inferior

Dont know who this guy is, but he sounds like a retard.

maybe so but that doesnt change what you have which is so good its nominated for an oscar

you cant be nominated for 2 oscars in the same category

How do you tell if a movie has good editing?

that's up to director. why do you think in literally every inde film the director also does the editing?

> cut too soon/late
That's bad editing then

no he's edited youtube meme videos I'm sure he knows his shit better than professional editors

Editing determines the pacing and transition between shots, audio syncing (what is shown when character says X, what happens when the music changes key) etc.

It's not just a matter of picking the best stuff from the shoot, cropping it out and stitching it together in sequence to follow the story.

So how succinct the original footage on the dailies is, isn't all that relevant to the qualities by which editing should be rated

Movie reviewers on Youtube always weird me out. Unless they've made a successful movie themselves, they really have no idea.

absolutely the director and photographer are choosing the scenes and the editor is making them work together

he really has little to no say as to what is left on the cutting room floor

This means that nobody can say a movie had good or bad editing. What a fucking retarded statement.

what weirds me out the most is there is no shortage of people with actual training and experience in making movies that talk about these thing.

I would've never heard of these youtubers if they didn't get spammed on Sup Forums by losers who only care about their friends simulator.

>spammed on Sup Forums by losers
He said unironically while posting a trashy camwhore that constantly gets spammed.
Kill yourself faggot.

kek adam is such a clueless fag. no doubt his brainless fans will take this as a gospel

>Put on headphones.
>Hear no mouth clicks, thumps, squeaks, nose farts, too much background noise, obvious room noise in a whispering scene.
>Mastering is perfect, never having to turn movie down because the music is twice as loud as everything else.
>Know what it takes to perform smooth key mapping, CGI, getting rid of any obstructions in the background or removing accidental boom mics/reflections.
>Only the tip of the editing dick.
Yeah, this guy's a gigantic moron. A fuck load of people go into editing to make sure everything is done quick and done well. Each person is dedicated to one small part, even those whose only job is taking Excel notes. Anyone in the industry recognizes great work because they know how hard the shot/audio was to get and how it would have been without editing, and how far it deviates from the natural course (i.e. batch processing a bunch of audio to get rid of noise and clicks before manually editing can go very wrong and make it sound like a funnel, so it's best to use processing very lightly). This guy has no idea.

shoo shoo dog fucker

>he doesnt know what montage is

"I've seen footage!"