>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)
The Beginner's Guide to Jazz Guitar:
>jazzguitar.be/ebooks/The_Beginners_Guide_To_Jazz_Guitar.pdf
Blues Guitar Lessons:
>learnandmaster.com/resources/Spotlight_Blues_Guitar_LessonBook.pdf

Previous thread:

Attached: JustFor78746923.jpg (2148x1720, 770K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guitarcenter.com/Used/Electric-Guitars.gc?N=1085&Ntt=ibanez#narrowSideBar
youtube.com/watch?v=bZ8P484B-XA
youtube.com/watch?v=KRWh81N_tl4
picosong.com/wYJ3Z/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm 26.

Attached: 1477072131951.jpg (736x509, 62K)

I'm asian

I'm 26 and asian.

same

Attached: IMG_7817.jpg (2448x3264, 2.3M)

I'm online now and about to purchase a yamaha pacifica 112 Yns, does it seem like a good option for an intermediate level guitar player? I have been stuck with my brothers really shitty one for a few years. Thanks anons

>yamaha pacifica 112

That;s still a shitty beginners guitar to be completely honest. If you're short on cash there are a lot of better used guitars in the $200-300 range that are a step above.

What are some model numbers or brands that I should be looking out for when buying second hand?

What do you guys think of Nana?

Are you in the US? If so Guitar Center's used section usually has some great deals. I think Ibanez has a good range of decent stuff in that price range.

lots to choose from. Just avoid their GIO/GAX series.

guitarcenter.com/Used/Electric-Guitars.gc?N=1085&Ntt=ibanez#narrowSideBar

Musicgorounds are better

I'm actually in Australia, might be able to find some ibanez on Gumtree or another site, I appreciate the help!

what defines a good guitar?

how cool it looks

Not needing to swap the stock pickups and a neck that feels nice are definitely part of it. It should stay in tune and not weigh too much. In my personal opinion it should also sound good unplugged because that's the pure sound of the guitar that you'll work with.

help I got sucked into listening to snippets of Paul Stanley's audiobook and I can't stop

youtube.com/watch?v=bZ8P484B-XA

If it says Gibson™ on the headstock.

Attached: Christmas_Burst_LPs_2009.jpg (975x768, 435K)

Until it breaks off

Go to music stores and play the used ones and buy one you like

To me what defines a good guitar is that it's well constructed, robust, sounds great, feels great, has a nice body shape, has lots of sustain, has a finish that isn't too thick or too thin, and can fit in with many genres

you're 14 stfu

Sounds like he knows more than you do.

>don't be a clumsy idiot who drops/knocks over guitars
Wow. That was hard.

yeah about sucking dicks

Has anyone here ever stained/dyed a maple fretboard?

Spoken like a true bedroom warrior. Some people actually take their guitars out of the house.

I have gigged regularly with a Gibson Les Paul for 15 years and I've never dropped it or knocked it over because I'm an adult who can take care of their shit like an an adult and not a clumsy fucking idiot.

Only problem is those people don't include you.

>some people
>not me
>but some people

Nope, I don't gig. What's your point?

That's a good guitar. Don't listen to idiots who say you need to spend more just because you're "intermediate" and not "beginner." There's plenty of $100-200 guitars which are completely gig-worthy for experienced experts. Granted the variation in quality control tends to be greater as guitars get cheaper, but there really are a lot of great-ass cheap guitars out there.

A good neck with competent fretwork is by far the most important aspect. Everything else is very easily modifiable to be gig-worthy with minimal cost.

I just realized my point looks an awful lot like the top of your head.

What does the top of my head look like?

What's the best one in that price range that you recommend?

My point.

I'd recommend that you play guitars in your price range of choice in person to determine their quality. If you're not experienced enough to know what to look for, bring someone along who is. If you don't know anyone you can bring along, spend some time watching Youtube videos teaching you what to look for in a guitar. I can tell you that by far the most important thing to look for is a neck that isn't twisted, doesn't have convex bow, doesn't have too much concave bow and has competent fretwork, meaning notes don't choke out at any point on the fretboard and there's no sharp edges along the sides of the neck. A guitar which fits this criteria will make an excellent modding platform even if the rest of it is shit.

Hairy?

Night Court was a fun show but I preferred Alf.

Also, at the very bare minimum, modding wise, I recommend that all guitars have TUSQ XL nuts and String Saver saddles. Guitars with self-lubricating nuts and saddles will stay in tune like a fucking champ. If your guitar needs a string tree, either replace the tuners with staggered tuners to eliminate the need for a string tree or use a TUSQ XL string tree.
A friction-free string path is THE key to tuning stability. TUSQ XL nuts are usually like $12 and String Saver saddles are usually like $40. Both are super easy to install; the nut might require a little sanding to fit properly. Glue it in with Elmer's glue. Search Youtube how to remove an existing nut.

It's only good enough but not the best dude

Attached: DSC_0031.jpg (2000x3008, 326K)

How much time did you guys waited to get your second guitar?
Or second Amp?
Or maybe a pedal?

First guitar was a Fender MIM Strat, second was a Gibson LP Standard three years later.

you're 14 years old

I waited 7 months for my second bass (Fender Geddy lee jazz bass)

So fucking what?

Incredible thanks, I really appreciate this

Got my second guitar when I knew exactly where I was heading musically and what I did or didn't enjoy about my current guitar. Buying new gear in any way, shape or form can seem really enticing in times of feeling frustrated with your playing, be wary of this.

Attached: 15002269_1236543043069819_2027701783198183055_o.jpg (1434x2922, 173K)

What point are you trying to make here?

four teen

Hey dude, I'm the user you helped out with the Epiphone bass a couple days ago. For the money it was a great purchase, thanks.

Also stop replying to that retard, he has been shitting up the thread the whole day.

Attached: 14068551_1165139700210154_8858442479188877848_o.jpg (801x2048, 105K)

yer welcome my guy

The allure of the Fender Cabronita...

Attached: 3d3f52982794d4fa9149b35da49fcd52.jpg (699x466, 49K)

No problem. If you have any modding questions later on I usually check these threads at least once a day.
That being said, Youtube is an incredible resource and you can learn just about anything you need to regarding guitar modding and guitar setup through Youtube.
People here derisively refer to "turd polishing" but modding and properly setting up cheap guitars is by far the most cost-effective way to end up with a guitar good enough for a professional gigging musician.

allure, offset, ggogh

Ha ha haa I always laugh when I see some dumb shit buy a cheap guitar and immediately start "upgrading" it. They usually start by asking for replacement pickup suggestions. It's like why, you dumb fuck? Why did you buy a guitar you didn't think sounded good to begin with? I'll tell you why: because you don't know what the fuck you're doing and you have no clue what the fuck you're after. You bought some retarded piece of shit because of how it looked in a picture on the internet and then when you got it home and actually played it ..it sounded and played like straight up ass. So you started "upgrading" it instead of admitting to yourself that you don't know shit and made a mistake, or that the guitars construction was so shitty that you didn't have any other choice but to "upgrade" it to make it a playable instrument. Here's the thing though: you could have just saved all the time and money you sank/wasted into "upgrading" a piece of shit and just bought a decent guitar to begin with. You bedroom warriors are a hilarious lot, watching you flail about trying to polish turds into diamonds. If a diamond is what you wanted why didn't you just go out and buy a diamond to begin with?

Because you're fucking stupid, that's why.

Attached: 1485749045415.jpg (1536x2048, 931K)

Old and tired pasta is old and tired.

>Why did you buy a guitar you didn't think sounded good to begin with?

Because before the first bass I ever owned (A dean Edge Playmate) arrived I didn't hear any demos of the bass and it was ordered instead of being tried out and bought at a guitar center or samash.

The bass sounded good but the original pickup was too quiet so I changed it

Attached: turdPolishersUnion.jpg (500x528, 122K)

>Why did you buy a guitar you didn't think sounded good to begin with?
Because it sounded great after literally $20 and 20 minutes' worktime worth of pot replacements.

Attached: yellowshrug.jpg (1054x696, 384K)

just get a good amp then.

No one here is into modding. Most here aren't even into playing, just buying gear and shitposting.

meh I stopped using that dean anyways

>No one here is into modding.
I am. I find that most kilobuck+ guitars don't fit my standards without modding.

of course you did. right before you turned 14

bloody buger (not an SG copy wink wink)

>kilobuck
kek there it is

Attached: 28rQr03.jpg (635x581, 46K)

>C#maj7 - C7 - Bb7 - Amin7 - Bm - Cm

Me trying to be jazzy. F Melodic Minor. (What you had in beackets.)

Dm7b5 (C#maj7) / / / C7 / / /
Bb7 / / / AbM7#5 (Amin7) / / /
Dm7b5 / / C7 Dm7b5 / / C7
Dm7b5 / / C7 Dm7b5 / / C7
AbM7#5 / / /

C# Major ii v i.

D#m7 / / / G#7 / / / C#M7 / / / C#M7 / / /

Jazzers please critique.

Pink Floyd is a gay

no one would care about buckethead if it wasn't for Sweet Child of Mine

and no one would care about Sweet Child of Mine if it wasn't for Van Halen

>Or maybe a pedal?
I bought my first pedal before I bought my first electric guitar but I had tons of acoustics before that

fag

this progression is super bluesy

Is Rocksmith just a meme or is it actually useful?

>Inb4 lurk moar

everything's a meme bruh

I played rocksmith for a few months when I wasn't serious about the guitar. I'm sure it would have helped me out more if I took it seriously. It's solid, go for it. Worse that could happen is that you have fun and nothing else.

>tfw i just realized all I had to do to get the "muddy" sound out of my marshall amp was to just dial back the resonance and presence to literally 1

Attached: zbobtwnq9i801.png (645x614, 83K)

A presence knob shouldn't be giving an amp a "muddy" sound. "Mud" = midbass, like around 200 Hz. Presence knobs usually boost upper mids and/or treble, like 1.5 kHz and up.

>resonance knob
>on a Marshall

Attached: 400ee73b4b2ca7eb4521572d8e7786f2--time-cartoon-my-childhood.jpg (300x433, 18K)

you guys probably get tired of posts like this, but im a beginner trying to copy the sounds of a band i really like

youtube.com/watch?v=KRWh81N_tl4
what kind of pedals should i use for the sounds they get during the solo? is it just fuzz and a boost?

thanks in advance

gamefying learning the guitar can help greatly with mechanical stuff

but it leaves gaps in your ability. it doesnt teach things like theory AT ALL, just memorization and muscle memory

theres a chance that the things you have to work out yourself you learn incorrectly

its great if you want to use it to replace video games, not so much if you want to use it to replace structured guitar practice and theoretical study

how is this quick first take noodle

picosong.com/wYJ3Z/

Attached: 1509227723608.jpg (645x645, 54K)

>playing guitar for over a decade
>hasn’t gotten me anything
Don’t learn guitar guys, nobody likes it anymore
Just get a DAW

Looks high quality and cheap at the same time. That neck reminds me of cheap japanese instruments from the 70s

Sounds like a Big Muff type pedal to me.

i play the current squier j masics jazzmaster.

seems one of my tuning knobs just broke. it hits this point of over-tightening where it just jumps back, and i can't get the new string tight.

thinking i will need to switch a peg. thinking the "Kluson Göldo MC6LN" should fit? I'd link but Sup Forums won't let me.

otherwise thinking it might be possible to buy a single peg from the music store maybe?

Any vintage style kluson will fit. Yes those will work.

thanks user!

I actually kind of like it.

Attached: LPC-PSL11880_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg (1400x662, 89K)

>Gibson Les Paul

Yes, why wouldn't you?

Talking about the colour scheme sweety

Can you open it up? Probably a loose gear.

>Does it play well?
>Is it well built?
>Does it sound good?
If yes to all 3, it's an amazing guitar. Of course, "sounding good" is completely subjective. But I would consider anything that's solidly constructed, well-intonated and easy to play as a very good guitar.

wow, that's actually exactly what it feels like.

i don't know how i'd go about opening the peg up, but i really want to try it now. any ideas?

omg thank you so much user, I'm screenshotting this and I'm going to play around with it. Do some tritone substitutions and shit to sound super jazzy/proggy because fuck it why not

So I had to take one of my tone knobs off to tighten a loose pot, but now the knob won't stay back on? Do I need to glue it into place or something?

There's 2 small tabs on the back that hold it all together, not breaking the tab off is the trick, not sure what kind of success you'd have, I'd still order a new set.