What the fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck were they thinking?

There already is a film with "Jedi" in the title. Whenever you talk about "Hope", "Empire" and "Jedi". people will ask which "Jedi"

Also if they were going for poetry they should have named Ep IX "_ _ Jedi" to match Ep VI

Star Wars: Last of the Jedi

>thinking
the new millennium is all about the feels

I would rather suffer through another rerun of the prequels than watch this pile of shit.

At least they had a little originality here and there in the midst of the computer generated vacuum they were created in.

I can't believe the franchise has sunk so low I'm starting to defend the prequels.

I will pirate this while half drunk. They're not getting my money.

star wars one could be three movies

Stop being a lazy shit and say the full titles

It's okay user, no one will talk about this movie a month after it comes out.

>all this bitching over every little detail they reveal
>will still go pay to see it

This whole franchise is a ripoff of The Last Starfighter, so I'm just happy we finally have a title referencing.

>There already is a film with "Jedi" in the title
kys autist

WTF? Why are critiquing a children's movie? Are you developmentally delayed?

"I loved Clones. Jedi is pretty cool, as was Last".

you feel it too dont you?

>implying its not a source of confusion
die.

>"Jedi" RIP in piece (1977-2017)
The only concern I have is Disney will create a new shitty name for what is essentially a "Jedi" like the Empire is now Disney's "First Order". Rey will be the first to be called this new name where she is not a Jedi, but a "Mulariasmineudora" (Mulan + Ariel + Jasmine + Eudora = Feminist diversity)

Is that name legit or just a rumor?

Just say "Return" or "Last" instead

this
starwars is shit now

It's true. All of it

THE ONLY MOVIE PEOPLE ACTUALLY REFER TO BY ONE NAME IN THE TITLE IS EMPIRE

This kind of makes me more in favor of the anthologies.

Are you autistic? You're literally getting butthurt because a nickname for a movie might change. "WHAT THE FUCK?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? NOW THE NICKNAME FOR THIS MOVIE WILL BE EXTREMELY SIMILAR TO THE NICKNAME OF ANOTHER MOVIE1!!!!!!1!11!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??!?!?!?!!!??!?!! REEEEEEEEEEE' You do realize autistic people get extremely upset when minute details change right?

is-is this a thing? post webms

>What the fuck were they thinking?

They were thinking about money and how many people would 'member Luke running around as the last Jedi in the OT.

star wars has been shit since ROTJ

Wasn't Yoda technically the first last Jedi? When Obi-Wan died Luke had not completed his training, leaving Yoda as the only legit Jedi in the galaxy.

I see two dudes in your pic

>anybody
>ever
>in the history of discussing Star Wars
>calling the last movie of the original trilogy "Jedi"

Everybody calls it Return, you stupid fucking crybaby retard.

>Menace
>Clones
>Revenge
>Hope
>Empire
>Jedi
>Awakens
>Jedi

What the fuck

Luke is The Last LAST Jedi.

It should have had "Apprentice" in the title instead

What are you accidentally gonna stumble into a showing of Return of the Jedi (1983) this December instead?

Only losers would give a fuck that their constant nerd conversations will need a new abbreviation for one movie.

go outside more

Return of the Last

There has been an awakening.
Have you felt it?

and?

Who the fuck cares
It's not even a bad title, it just happens to involve a core concept of the franchise

Who even refers to the movie by just one word from the title, anyway?
You either say the whole name, episode number or acronyn

I can't believe the levels of autism I find here, gotta find more upstanding people to discuss movies with

This

I PREDICT:

That Luke will pass on what he has learned, to exactly one other successor (Rey his daughter I would imagine, is that her name?), just as Yoda passed on what he had learned, to Luke after him.

Thus, at various points in the film, both Luke and Rey (probably, is that her name? I forgot.) will be the titular characters.

Assume Hamill doesn't drop dead first. :^D 'Hay guys why are we shooting all of my stuff first huh?!' :S

a u t i s m

its just a fucking title, reserve your judgement until later

There's already titles with the word 'the' in it too wtf fucking Disney!!

I don't understand what's wrong with this title. You fags complain about anything. It's no different than any of the other titles in the series. It fits quite well actually.

Star Wars fans are probably the dumbest movie fans, for the most part. I'm a Star Wars fan but I like all the films. They're just fun little sci fi flicks that are always a good time. Most "fans" just do nothing but piss and moan like this is fucking Shakespeare or something. Other than Metallica fans, there is nothing else I can think of where most of the people who claim to love something just whine about it not being exactly like the 10% of the material they actually like.

You're either not an actual fan of Star Wars or you just take the fun space movies WAY too fucking serious. I fucking love Star Wars but they've always been campy and corny. They're just fun. Calm down. Enjoy them for what they are or watch something else.

After ages of conflicting Star Wars Episode VIII copyright by Lucasarts, I have finally become Disney's The Last Jedi

If you can call III "revenge" you can call VI "return" or not be lazy and say the 4 words

>say the 14 words

What did he mean by this?

They should've called it Episode IX: A New Joke, or Return of the Fans' Money

It's not episode 9, user.

bitch about everything

whens the trailer?

>Last
>is the middle part

The really fucked up. This is Xbox One or "New Super Mario" tier marketing.

Probably during SW Celebration in April, like TFA's was.

>the Jedi were supposed to Return in VI
>they didn't
>there's even less Jedi than there were in V now

Disney JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP. I don't really care. I can always crawl inside my happy place with the OT theatrical versions, toys, interviews, books and commercials and pretend like the prequels or the postquels are canon.

It's like the Grand Theft Auto games. I'll probably keep playing them although it's already gotten to the point where the excitement or nostalgia just stops and it's just something to do.

Holy fuck Captain Autismo. Nobody is going to get confused. In the odd chance you find yourself in a conversation deep enough to the point where youre talking about all the movies and calling them by their shortened nicknames it still wouldn't cause any confusion unless you were braindead. If you said "Jedi" and it weren't already obvious which movie you were talking about, you could just say "Last Jedi" to clarify. And when written down the abbreviation is still distinct so I don't see what your issue is.

kek

Anakin returned to the light side. In a meta sense, Luke returned because the movie came out.

>Less Jedi than in V
That doesn't mean there aren't force-wielding, lightsaber-using light-side users. Jedi is part of the light side, but that doesn't make them the entire light side. Snoke and Kylo aren't Sith just because they are dark side attuned.

The OT isn't made any better than the prequels. It's just as corny, campy, and made for kids. Why don't you people realize this?

That's what Star Wars is. It's not a bad thing.

money

This is since their will be a new one to talk about a month after this one comes out.

Holy fuck this thread is autistic, in the literal sense of the word.

Forgive me. I feel it again... The pull to the light...

You'll complain about anything won't you?

>its 2017
>prequel apologists are STILL butthurt