What went wrong?

What went wrong?

it was dishonest in its presentation

Your parents raised you pleb

You were too dumb to get it.

wolverine, black widow, AND batman?

wtf Sup Forums why'd u drop the ball on this. only now im hearing of it????

Literally his only honest film.

haha u funny xD

Literally the first shot was a sleeper spoiler

Nothing went wrong you edgy little shit.

this is how you know a movie is bad

reddit calls you edgy or pretentious

nothing, it's a great movie

I enjoyed it. The only bullshit part of the whole movie is that asian guy and the giant fishbowl.

>one of the birds always dies
>one of the Angiers always dies

B R A V O

absolutely nothing

if anything though it ruined nolan, hes been chasing this type of perfection ever since but doesnt quite understand how exactly he got there and cant get out of his own way in a few key areas

am I the only one who saw this movie as having a relatively straight-forward story where I saw no tweest and understood the tricks and sacrifices of both magicians during the appropriate reveals (one of the brothers being buried alive then being acting super-distraught in a following scene, and accepting that Tesla actually succeeded in making a magical cloning device because of all the repeated hats and cats) and that both sides' hardcore determination just reached their natural conclusion?

Nothing. It's an incredibly good film.

No user.

I thought it was fine. Like pretty much all of Nolan's stuff it was good but nothing special.

it made sense to me
the movie gives you everything you need beforehand to reach the proper conclusions

Nolan doesn't let you leave the theater confused, user.

That being said I thought it was one of, if not his best next to Memento.

the science fiction bullshit that happened in the second half. It was really weird and confusing. If you ignore that part though it's a decent movie

Idiot

My favorite Nolan film

I'm gay and I like men

>one of the brothers being buried alive then being acting super-distraught in a following scene

rewatch the movie pleb

How so?

Probably because the movie came put before it was cool to shit on capeshit

It's intentional and you'd understand why if you understood the movie.

AND David Bowie

This is how you know an opinion is shit, resorts to calling people reddit to validate his criticism.

Nothing. It's the best movie Nolan had ever done. My favorite of his.

Why? It explores what science can bring to magic to an extreme degree. I don't see anything wrong with it and it definitely wasn't confusing unless you're some uneducated shit who can't understand a simple scientific what if scenario.

Do people still not realize the movie itself plays out like a magic trick? It goes through all 3 phases ending with the prestige (big twist/reveal) at the end. And that was Nolans intention.

The bred crumbs were intentional throughout and he was literally questioning the audience whether they were "watching closely" enough to realize them.

It made perfect sense but it was fucking stupid. One guy leads the other guy on a wild goose chase that magically turns out to work perfectly. Bravo Nolan.

like when christian bale says "are you watching closely? (looks directly at audience) because truly i have become The Prestige"

The last act.

Great movie up until it went Sci-fi

Howdy there Reddit!

It was unironically pottery.

>what is magic realism
This movie is not supposed to be taken literally mongs

I've watched it 5+ times easily
One of the best things was rewatching it the first few times and picking up on all of the little nuances Nolan put in
It's his most complete movie maybe, and definitely my favorite even over memento

the only acceptable answers

Its deconstrutionist shit. Nolan loves to deconstruct cinematography, like Inception is basically "Hey, ever noticed that movies are structured like dreams: the movie". So in a.movie that is supposed to be deconstructing plot twists (which are basicallly writers pullin a trick on the audience) he made the enire plot a magic trick and put plot device enabling this trick as a literal machine. Meta as fuck.

This thread encapsulates that image going around...

no discussion
no value
nothing here

I have a legitimate question.

The machine clones you, but you the original you, teleports. And the clone stays in place. Thats when the trap door opens and the clone drowns.
Right?

So when Jackman first uses the machine does that mean he, the orignal, teleported and the clone shoots and kills him? So the Jackman that returns is rly a clone?
And that clone lives jackmans life?
The clone has all your memories too i guess right?

Also how did teleported Jackman know not to reveal himself when Bale breaks open the water tank? No way he heard the commotion before completingthe trick.

My only real questions about the film. Its a great film, i saw it alone in theaters. Was pretty empty, pretty cool. First time I ever did such a thing. Last too.

I think how it works is that the copy is made some place else; no teleportation shenanigans are actually going on. So in Angier's trick he dies every time he does it, and a new copy of him takes his place.

Thats exactly whats going on. Its the ultimate demonstration of how far jackman is willing to go to be better. He literally commits suicide night after night just to one up bale.

this is how you spot reddit, they get upset over being called reddit