When the WC expands to 48 teams, why don’t they just merge the two conferences...

When the WC expands to 48 teams, why don’t they just merge the two conferences? There won’t be any real danger of the US or Mexico missing the WC anymore with the increased selection, and it would make for a more entertaining qualification process.

The rest of ConCACAf won't want to risk these new slots with Venezuela and Bolivia

You have to think about how expensive it would be to have south american NTs to travel all the way to north America justto play 1 match. Unfortunately it's not possible, it's all about money really.

>Unfortunately

lol we have nothing to gain from this.

The rest of CONCACAF doesn’t really have a say in the matter. If the US and Mexico leave the conference, it would lose all of its automatic qualifying spots anyway and basically become OFC tier.

You don't watch the game 3 years ago, eh kid> CONCACAF did better than AFC

>this expansion to 48 teams is actually happening

Why? US and Mexico will never qualiy then.

That's one of the problems with the brazilian way of thinking: "If we can't get anything that will benefit us, then it's useless".

All I think about is the competition, I don't care if we won't gain anything significant from tris merge, but we will get to play against even stronger NTs like Mexico and USA. Only cowards and idiots feel pleasure to see our NTs humiliating the likes of Venezuela, Bolivia and other shitty south american teams. I'm not like that, what I want to see is Brazil winning against the great NTs.

>it would make for a more entertaining qualification process
Nah, it would be divided in groups like UEFA, with one or two top teams bullying the rest instead of a single group with everyone, which is what makes sudaca qualifiers any interesting

Dunno if the logistics in qualifiers are there. But we should 100% merge for a Copa america every 4 years

Why not just merge the entire world into a single 190 nation tournament that takes place inside a month?

>I don't watch the world cup or CA100

>hurr muh way of thinking

No you dense monkey, think about the costs, not only money, but physical for the players. It doesn't make sense traveling all the way up north to play just ONE game.

That's just what I said in the first post, dumb monkey, that's why I completed with "unfortunately It's not possible".

This. Chile or Argentina playing Canada or the US would be a pain the ass.

not only we have nothing to gain from this but also we have a lot to lose, especially the mid-tier clubs that may lose their spots in Libertadores because of some Mexican and MLS shitters. This is literal and direct financial damage to Brazil so fuck off with this retarded idea.

Mexico lost 7 freaking 0 to Chile. Chile, not Germany, Chile. They are not a strong team, and neither is the US. They are both Bolivia-tier.

2 out of 3 of those teams that represented the conference well were USA and Mexico. Costa Rica is good right now, but hardly can be relied upon to validate a conference long term. Honduras did awful and lost all their games.

Last time mexico played Germany they lost 4 - 1.

Enjoy your 7 - 1 fagot. Haha.

Getting this as fucked at home in your own world world cup. Lmao

t. can't reach a single semi-final in 100 years and almost twenty attempts

The new cost of intercontinental travel is nothing compared to the additional revenue the US would bring.

Our conference is made up entirely of much poorer island nations, and travel expenses don’t seem to be an issue.

Too far. Imagine that we have 10 days of international break.

Going to the US or Canada would take too much time

Will this become a competition of who got the least BTFO by Germany in recent times?

> US and Mexico
> strong teams
Are you actually this retarded or this is bait?

the US finished 4th in CA and beat ecuador's ass desu. you should stop posting on the topic

t. Country that failed to finish in the final 4 in the last Copa America

You have no right to be speaking to me — resident of the soccer powerhouse country that surrendered 5 less goals to Germany — you swarmy disgusting monkey.

>americans have pride on beating fucking Ecuador

Nice b8 m8 i r8 988

>Still butthurt for 2010s Confederation Cup final.

We also beat Paraguay who beat Chile and tied your team, so apparently it is.

Wew senpai, nice achievements. I'm so jealous right now.

Because South America is much bigger than it looks on the Mercator projection you brainlet. Nobody is going to fly 11+ hours for a single match.

I hope we meet each other in the World Cup, my nigga. Get the lubrificant ready.

We could have the top 128 in a straight knockout tournament, that would only take 7 match days.

CONCACAF already denied this possibility on january's CONCA/CONMEBOL meeting. They literally said CONCACAF level is too low for that to have a chance.

now youre moving goalposts huefriend

u dum

Omg, you totally have a chance of beating us!

DELET

say that shit to my face not online and see what happens

CHI

Source?

> WE US
> WE STRONG
> WE DEFEAT PARAGUAY

LUL

it was the d team lad, the a team can put on a match with the european elite

Delete this

Brasil you already lost more than a couple of final to us