DARN MOSQUITOES

DARN MOSQUITOES

Can someone fucking EXPLAIN why the human race doesn't just wipe them all out of the surface of the earth for good? They don't do anything good just suck out blood and keep us all awake at night.

#killAllmosquitoes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito_laser
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/04/genetically-modified-mosquitoes-zika/479793/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Idk man, they probably eat some bug that's worse than they are.

Inb4 MUUUUUUH food chain

The extermination of mosquitoes would have no effect on any other species. There was no ecological damage caused by the draining of the Pinsk marshes.

Mosquito IDF is about to flood this thread

they're kinda cool

I remember reading something once about how the US military engineered a virus to kill all mosquitoes without harming any other life but they didn't want to release it because they were afraid of any other affects it might have on food source/environment etc

Male mosquitoes drink nectar and are virtually harmless.

Females need blood to lay eggs and aren't naturally offensive, the parasites/viruses they carry are.

*effects

Really makes you think

Wtf? I hate women. Im now a #homosex

well duh, the vast majority of mosquitoes eat nectar

They tried gassing, but it didn't wipe them out for good.

No shit, because they didn't finish the job due to 'muh bird eggs'.

So now they're coming back. We're starting to get a massive surge in Malaria in the US now. We haven't had that for a hundred years.

#NOTALLMOSQUITOES

You'd have to either:
>stand watch over every bog, every pond, every single pool of stagnant water, and destroy each and every one
OR
>unleash some kind of bioweapon/engineered plague targeting them and pray it doesn't go horribly wrong and kill other shit in the process

toxins and poisons would cause too much collateral via bioaccumulation, not an option

Do you have proof that DDT actually causes any problems in vertebrates?

Because all the scientific studies came back with nothing. They had people swim in DDT and nothing happened.

Damn near anything you use to kill them will just end up creating a new strain within a few years that is resistant to what you used.

This is a pretty unique solution which probably can't really work

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito_laser

They are thick where I live this year for some reason, annoying as hell

Male mosquitoes spread pollen n' shit
They're like bees 2.0 and we need em' cuz' we're dicking all the bees to hell

If I'm wrong, someone correct me. I get all my information from Sup Forums and I'm too lazy to google that shit

Kill all mosquitoes, more 3rd world shitskins survive malaria and yellow fever stuff, get overrun by migrants, why are we not helping mosquitoes become even more deadly?

Mosquito larvae make up a huge percentage of food for fish and frogs.

>There was no ecological damage caused by the draining of the Pinsk marshes.

How is draining a marsh (wetland) not ecologically damaging?

Malaria kills about 2 million Africans a year. You want to stop that?

You think it might have something to do with the two legged mosquitoes coming from the southern border?

We actually are close to being able to wipe them out through a genetic modification that will render their offspring infertile.

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/04/genetically-modified-mosquitoes-zika/479793/

This is true, their elimination would have little to no effect on other species' survival.

you got me

Tbh I hate gnats more than mosquitos

imagine being shrunk and these things start surrounding you

if every government put some money into it they could spray still waters like in panama when the canal was built. would heavily reduce mosquitoes and we'd be able to see if it really does harm the system.

Cool ID BRAH

>mosquito at the computer.png

Because some hippy wrote a book about birds dying. They completely ignore the hundreds of thousands of birds that wind turbines have killed. Even if DDT was allowed it wouldn't kill all mosquitoes. It would help though.

they are a vital part of the foodchain

l2 ecology

If by mosquitos you mean mexican mosque goers then sure sign me up for the cleansing

I don't follow.. Tax South Carolina is that what you're hyped about?

If every government united like we did to defeat smallpox, perhaps. Totally controlling arthropod populations, even controlling rodent populations, by coventional methods, has proven to be nearly impossible.

Wipe them out. Lets put our extinction powers to some good use.

I have a mosquito in my house right now and she is a total bro. Drank a little bit of blood the other night but the itching went away in just a few minutes. It doesn't even buzz around me with that annoying sound. Honestly, i don't know how people can hate an insect so based. It is literally a pure unadulterated bad-ass of a bug. It can fly. Kills more people a year than any other animal or insect COMBINED. And it is essentially a living fossil that existed since prehistoric times. I think people are just jealous desu. I think i'll even leave a small light right next to an open window tonight so more of its brethren can join her. It makes me warm just thinking that i may be making hundreds more of these beautiful creatures with just a small donation of my blood. It wasn't even like i need most of my blood anyway. AndI deeply encourage the rest of Sup Forums to join me in this noble endeavor.

>mosquito laser

>Exterminate mosquitoes
>Nigger population no longer kept in check by malaria
>Niggers become overwhelming majority of earth's population

Fucking retarded Porky, mosquitoes are our greatest ally.

yeah, but if humanity put their minds into it we can atleast reduce their numbers to a minimal.

without malaria there will be more war and hunger. niggers aren't a threat as long as they stay in africa.

fleas and bed bugs are worse

Kek well done

I keep spiders in my house. I have a few cellar spiders behind a bookshelf and house spiders scattered through the rest of the house. They do a decent job of devouring invaders. I put any spider that steps out of line outside.

are there mosquitoes in norway?

Sounds way better with jews desu senpai.

DARN JEWS

Can someone fucking EXPLAIN why the human race doesn't just wipe them all out of the surface of the earth for good? They don't do anything good just suck out blood and keep us all awake at night.

#killAlljews