Gy!be

What was your first time listening to this like?

Attached: 61WihOyei4L._SX355_.jpg (355x324, 46K)

Made me feel like a piece of shit

Don't remember tbqh

I cried

It's one of their worst so I didn't feel anything
Yanqui, F#A, Allelujah, Slow Riot made me feel ALIVE

garbage band

Just listened to this and F# A# yesterday. What else should I listen to for this feel?

I was on a train and it made me feel very suspicious of everyone and that the train was probably going to derail and crash

>Slow Riot
their most cringey album? I can never finish the b side.

The first time I had listened to lysflath I was laying in bed on a late summer night, was pretty awesome, I agree with those who say that it makes you feel detached from your usual reality and routine for those two hours.
Also the setting I was in and keeping my eyes closed for most of it made it easy for my mind to give cool imagery connected to the music and that made the beach monologue even more emotional

the rest of their discography, especially the ep

i'm going to my first gybe gig in a couple months. what should i expect Sup Forums?

F#A# Infinity is better

3 hours of boredom. skinny dudes and backpain unless they have seats

why do you say this?

made me feel emotionally manipulated.

first listened to it laying down with my eyes closed. it was a drag and I don't remember a single track. very meh
F#A# is god tier though

Got 10 mins in, realized it was instrumental, turned it off

based

I was sitting in my bed, sweaty and naked in summer. It was around 3am and my room was filled with darkness. I put the record on and lifted my hands above my head. The time I listened to the album I cried and closed my eyes, I opened them in suprise and I laughed a couple of times. This 2 hours were truly magical. With the last note I began to observe my room and was thinking for half an hour while stil sitting in bed. After that I fell asleep

Based impatient poster

A room full of hipsters and middle-aged men. Interesting projections while they play. Maybe a headache too depending on how loud they are.

First time I saw them they played BBF3 and it skull fucked me senseless.

Explain

This

i enjoyed it
sadly, next time i listened to it i was bored out of my mind
shame
music should have more staying potential

It was a great show, one of the few concerts without retards screaming everytime the music isn't loud enough to cover them
I've never been into GY!BE that much before seeing them live, so this was really mind blowing
The projections were the best i saw in a concert desu

I listened to a little when I first found it, but then later put it on in the car with my ex. It was pretty good, she liked and so did I. It was a calm night.

>one two three four five six seven
>lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven!
And people think this is one of the best albums of the 2000s? Really?

their set fucking sucks rn

thinking that slow riot is better.

I ate some hash brownies and smoked 4 joints. I had to drive to my place using Google maps from my friend's house. I was mildly buzz but nothing too crazy. On my way back, I was playing some duster, but decided it wasn't cutting it and played lysf. As the first song came on the high started building up and I could feel my body float away. As the build up came and finally exploded, the high started escalating and I must've metaphysically orgasmed 10 times one after the other. It was beautiful

I wasn't really that impressed, although I really enjoyed F#A# in Jr. High.

Felt hopeless as shit.

I'm actually going to see these guys play in a few hours

I was playing SWBF2 (2005) cuz I'm an ADDfag and can't listen to music without doing something at the same time.

It was pretty great, solid 8-9.

F#A# was lame though. I bought the vinyl for it too, and was disappointed. Felt like really lame simple stuff anyone could do, just drenched in reverb to sound "desolate". The vibe was on point I suppose, but the music was meh. No sweeping crescendos or real tension like LYSF.

wait no fuck... tickets were for the 12th...
how did I fuck this up fuuuuuck

Attached: 1520802394431.png (800x600, 223K)

Funny, I get this listening to any album

you can listen to them not live with me a-user

I was a pleb back then and didn't enjoy at all, 5 months later I went on a walk and tried it again and liked it a lot more

I was high and my roommate put this on.
I cried almost the whole time.

Thought the album was boring but would grow on me but over time, I realised it is one of the most overrated and boring albums ever

dont take the bait jesus christ

Sigur Ros' style is the most appealing to me, although I've listened to Explosions in the Sky, A Silver Mt. Zion, Swans, Talk Talk, Slint and I nothing in particular came to stick with me. The use of crescendos was predictable on The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place, forget bands who became copyists. What should I expect from this album?

>What should I expect from this album?
pure anarchist passion

boring

>pure anarchist passion
What?

you heard me

The first time was in the beginning of summer at the age of 16, I was laying in bed and loved it at the first horn, it all sounded so uplifting and then it became darker and I loved it even more. I properly listened to it from beginning to end one time I woke up early specifically for this album and took a walk along the beach at 5 am. Jesus fucking christ what an experience it was hearing "They don't sleep anymore on the beach" at that moment.
The sun started to come out and the last blow at Antennas To Heaven... was fucking amazing, will never experience such a thing in a long time probably.
Just got the album yesterday on vinyl and it's a really big deal to me because there are no record stores where I live so every record I want to buy I have to order it from amazon and it takes a month to come and costs a lot (bc of shipping and the low wages here compared to the US)

use earplugs

its a shitty meme that died a while ago thank god

i went to that show ;)

there are some people who like to view this album in a political prespective
dont, its actually beautiful, my favorite album

Expect to have your mind fucked right up through your asshole, user. The sheer overload of sensory information is enough to make your dick bleed. The projections will convert you to anarcho-communism for at least two hours, the music will make you cum liquid gold, and the pain in your feet will match the thumping of your heart in your chest. At once you will feel one with the cosmos, a part of a greater wheel, Moksha, the eternal, the enlightenment.

Sophie Trudeau will fuck you in the bum with her violin bow and you are going to love it.

Attached: 1503028859292.png (900x900, 597K)

felt amazing and desolate at the same time, listening to this when you're not doing well really makes you appreciate it more

>there are some people who like to view this album in a political prespective
Which political perspective, it's an instrumental album. Can you expand on the compositions?

this sounds accurate

wow :')

First time I listened to this album I was a pleb and got bored before the tracks really started to unfold. Gave up 10 or so minutes in.

A few years later when I was more mature and patient when listening to music I gave the full thing a listen and was blown away. I was completely captivated from start to finish. I wish I could hear it again for the first time.

It's not entirely instrumental
17th minute: "Welcome to Arco AM/PM Mini-Market. We would like to advise our customers that any individual who offers to pump gas, wash windows, or solicit products is not employed by or associated with this facility. We discourage any contact with these individuals, and ask that you report any problems to uniformed personnel inside. Thank you for shopping at Arco AM/PM, and have a pleasant day"
This field recording is incorporated in the end of the first track as an example of how people who try to do small jobs to earn a living have a hard time because of huge corporations
And after this part you get the distorted military speech, which is put there for the listener to exhibit the raw emotion with which the leader speaks
Also if you check out the vinyl or the cd there are a few sketches and photos which are undoubtedly political, like pic related.
Nevertheless, this album is their least political one,

Attached: https:_images.genius.com_f87c724be12967eb0a6706e6f95e08c9.595x540x1.jpg (624x566, 76K)

Thank you. Based on , could you recommend their albums I'd enjoy or other post rock albums?

I liked it a lot.
I like it even more now, it's one of a few albums i consider 10/10, F#A# is good too but I prefer fists.
every time i listen to it i feel like i'm in different place and it's like a journey

So does colgate toothpaste

LYSF was incredibly underwhelming my first listen and every consecutive listen-- I don't get anything out of it besides the monologue at the beginning of Sleep.

I enjoy Yanqui and Allelujah much more but even then I wouldn't call myself a fan of Godspeed.

not him, I like Sigur Ros, Swans, Talk Talk and Slint, but GY!BE as much as them too, Lift your skinny fists and F#A# are both very interesting, I didn't like Explosions in the sky, because it's predictable, but GY!BE is in my opinion so much detailed, so much precise and they can oscillate on the border between eerie and breathtaking, and it makes so much interesting to me.

I was transcended, literally the best thing I ever listened to at the time

It was neato, really melancholic comfy, but none superior to F#Ainfinity or Sigur Rós

Kind of weird because I had listened to Sleep literally about a hundred times and it was one of my favourite songs but I had never listened to the rest, so it was a very bumpy listen with Sleep being extremely familiar and the rest being strange and new... but not as strange and new as I expected because Sleep is the most unconventional song on it and the rest is par for the course as far as post-rock goes. In the end as an album I think I like Yanqui U.X.O better even though Sleep is still one of the best songs ever

how did you listen to sleep before the album itself?