youtu.be/g8PrTzLaLHc
youtu.be/QF7_tsKaRx8
youtu.be/VF6-J5BCxWM
youtu.be/t-hB1TzoG7M
youtu.be/vNJpvahstFs
youtube.com/watch?v=wMH0e8kIZtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LOL

The new spongebob seasons are over hated :)

Attached: 1511491805013.jpg (480x360, 25K)

Spongebob was never good

What the fuck is up with this board and its irrational, seething hatred of Imagine Dragons? They're not even that bad of a group. At least they make their own original music, unlike the atrocious drivel Kanye West pawns off as "music" that this board sucks off.

is this a pasta?

(You)

Attached: 5338139.jpg (500x375, 62K)

Fair analogy.

No, it's not even long enough to be a copypasta. It's a legitimate question. Now fuck off.

>Kanye West is better than Imagine Dragons
Any instrumentalist automatically surpasses Kanye. He's the iPhone of music, selling cheap gimmicks and pseudo-innovation to idiots who don't know any better.
>pic is you and all Kanye stans

Attached: 25d.jpg (951x972, 104K)

Mainstream soyboys just don't get it.

nice dubs

Attached: 1519844504138.jpg (252x249, 22K)

Nice bait lmao

The quality of music is not determined by its creator's ability to play a musical instrument, art illiterate

Attached: 1518926534407.jpg (640x474, 44K)

Why are you pretending to like a shitty band?

>doesn't listen to kanye or use an iphone

But Kanye has consistently proven that statement to be false. His music is shallow, unimaginative and utterly banal. He has no creativity other than liberating ideas from superior artists and distorting them into pathetic jokes, along with his terrible lyricism. The emotions he conveys are one-dimensional and as simplistic as an eukaryotic cell. If you're so unintelligent that you fell under Kanye's juvenile spells, then your opinion on music is invalid. And musicians that at least play instruments have 100 times more creativity than some brainlet whose perception of life is just pastiches of pop culture references mixed with pseudo-philosophic ideas of divinity and omnipotence.

Who hurt you faggot lmao

I don't really enjoy Imagine Dragons, but I'll admit something. Radioactive was pretty damn ambitious for an Alternative Rock song. The bleak, horrid imagery of the world crumbling at the folds, the fear that came with the uncertainty of what destruction would come next, and that epic chorus ushering in a new era of hell for the end of humanity, it all felt so grandiose, as if they were the summoners of darkness that purged the world into oblivion. Along with the jangly guitars that complimented the brooding industrial beat, it truly felt godlike compared to most other Indie Rock tracks of the time. Imagine Dragons had quite a bit of potential just emanating from that song alone.

Too bad they wasted it away on making generic Pop Rock garbage.

Spongebob BM (Before Movie) was patrician tier.

Attached: IMG_1782.jpg (313x295, 33K)

When i look back at series that i used to like as a kid i usually cringe.
But the first 3 seasons of Spongebob still hold up today.

They represent an end to indie rock, the moment where it got completely co-opted and diluted by the mainstream. And I'm not pulling the "indie rock" thing out of my ass, Wikipedia's page lists it as one of their genres.

Why the fuck is this a copypasta

Are you kidding me? Did you forget about vampire weekend and arcade fires third album?

>Wikipedia

Attached: 1478390653110.jpg (500x313, 37K)

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE
WOOOOAAAOAOAOAOAAHHHH

"I looove coldplay"

You know how many Hot 100 hits those two bands have? One; "Reflektor" charted at #99. Meanwhile, ID is the biggest rock band in America.

No, not really. By the time Imagine Dragons came to the scene, Indie Rock already perished in its own stereotypes. The advent of sites such as Pitchfork and RYM brought forth a new plague of pretentiousness and elitism to independent culture, ruining the genre. Because of their omnipotence on the course of Indie, and how they could make or break a fledgling Indie band's success, bands reoriented themselves towards this snobbish attitude, writing pseudo-intellectual, overly "abstract" lyricism in an attempt to get that BNM score and win the respect of Sup Forumstants and RYM-ites.* Not only that, but the dreaded Garage Rock/Post-Punk Revival scene came into fruition by the early 2000s, where generic band after generic band churned out tedious album after album that was a pastiche of those aforementioned genres. They couldn't even attempt to evolve or reinvent those genres; it all sounded like uninspired clichés of Joy Division, Television and The Kinks (not to mention the "The" bands that came out; The Strokes, The Hives, The Vines, The Libertines, etc.). It was already in a pathetic state of self-parody without the humor by the time Imagine Dragons came into the scene.

*Not to mention the disgusting "pompous-pop" of Animal Collective and Of Montreal.

Attached: Serious-fish-spongebob.jpg (544x517, 35K)

Imagine Dragons is skrillex for soccer moms.

>implying Kanye West isn't already for black soccer moms

I agree smart user

>THIS GUY'S GOT SHOES

Attached: IMG_1803.png (600x448, 448K)

ID is for the basic bitch white suburbs fag who plays nothing but league and minecraft and thinks 21 pilots in too obscure. Someone who has never had their ideas challenged and has never stepped outside of their comfort zone. They also own nothing but apple products and have never met a black person in real life(they say they arent racist, but they are terrified of black people deep down).

you know that kid that listened to shitty dubstep and edm through their phone speaker on the bus? Thats a ID fan

>Spongebob BM
I want to hear that

Attached: fish in floor.jpg (263x191, 9K)

They're a shit band, fuck off.

>they make their own original music

Attached: 1479605471184.jpg (700x700, 175K)

My uncle likes them so be nice >:^(

They're bad, but not nearly as much as the artists Sup Forums generally shills.

Well, they do. Name one song they explicitly copied in their repertoire.

frig off

They are but they’re definitely not as good as Season 1-3 or the first movie

fucking EPIC PICKLE Meme

Attached: 1508186055155.gif (1221x768, 699K)

Yes it's original, but it's the same shit. The band is a sad one trick pony that is incapable of anything else, and their only contribution to society is the ever prevalent "millennial whoaa"-ing repeated in every pop song as of late.

Here is my description of the 2010's from a cultural and musical standpoint

a diverse corporate approved flash mob dances in unison to beyonce somewhere in silicon valley or (insert gentrified neighborhood) while doing the millennial whoop for 8 years straight. Then Donald trump dressed like an isis bursts in and kills everyone.

dont you love catharsis

Idk what to think cause in my opinion radioactive is a good song, demons is OK but not great but you cant really get impressions of the band from these two songs so im confused why people hate this band but im also confused why a ton of people like it

hannibal?

Sorry I'm not a mindless sheep like you. Keep buying those Iphones, you 20 IQ rat.

This sucks man

This triggers the nu-chan user

Attached: fray unsure of situation.png (300x168, 5K)

Imagine Dragons are soyboy repellant.

Not an argument.

They suck

You too

Only Chad's listen to them. There is a reason why they are hated here. Soy doesn't allow a male to express their masculinity.

But Imagine Dragon's fanbase are Chad's tho.

chads also like bud light

Attached: 1516979096311.gif (325x244, 94K)

>implying this is Chad and not Disney-tier pop rock soy-guzzling pedis would enjoy
The funny thing is that it was covered on a Disney show.
youtu.be/g8PrTzLaLHc

I can smell the soy from my screen

Holy shit rockists are pathetic.
Obviously you have never even listened to a Kanye album. Enjoy your faggy ass indie but shut up about things you know nothing about

>Spongebob was never good

Attached: 1521385657239.jpg (1200x788, 258K)

They are the millenial Pearl Jam

not a argument

I listened to Yeezus and MBDTF, and both were tedious wastes of time. Kanye's lyricism has little to no real substance, and he manages to fail at both maximalist and minimalist compositions. Yet you idiots lap it up as "good." Like I said, he's the iPhone of music.

>not long enough to be a copypasta
how does it feel being a true 4channer oldfag now? You've been lurkin a lot since 2016 my friend

Attached: 1506647347683.jpg (480x480, 32K)

Bad. What's the logical conclusion to Sup Forums?

it is now!

>He's the iPhone of music
got me

Attached: 1418332988277.jpg (160x231, 2K)

>original music

Attached: 1519177976749.jpg (740x801, 25K)

Pretentious, Elitist Cunt. Kanye must have at least some understanding of music, he produces his own tracks, which means he at least has a basic level of skill on keyboard. In what way does he fail at composition? If you're talking subjectively, then fine, that's a reason you don't like it, but it can't (and shouldn't) be applied to anyone else.

>t. dead inside individual

Take this failed abortion of a song.
youtu.be/QF7_tsKaRx8
The beat is by far the most trite, insipid and bland one yet. It sounds as if Kanye took some unused iPhone commercial track and sprinkled in random, meaningless sounds in an attempt to showcase some "bleak ambience." They completely feel out of place. No depth nor horrifying, or at least emotionally captivating noises to make the listener actually, well, listen. A simple wind effect blowing a tree would have been better than this. It might be put together well (as in, it's clean), but it fails to capture anything except annoyance and tedium. Calling it "experimental" is unwarranted. It doesn't even follow a different time signature, nor vastly deviate from the V-C-V structure. Yet idiots think this track is empowering in its minimalism. The effects are so predictable, the beat revels in banality (Disney-tier shit, sounds like a million songs I've heard before), and it's ultimately lifeless. 2/10.

Attached: 1476145320086.jpg (720x565, 41K)

Attached: Ln3bk3h.jpg (400x310, 38K)

Imagine Dragons are as bad as people claim, not an exaggeration. caught them live on a festival two days ago and i can't remember a worse show in recent memory

Imagine OP was a dragon tho.. :|

imagine dragons has some tier one songs that will be played by musicians and listened to forever. such as Believer.

Their first few EPs, like Hell and Silence, were quite fun indie electronica jaunts, Selene remains my favourite Dragons song. Then they decided they wanted to do the most bland, uninspired, generic electronic pop rock imaginable, and that's been their identity since, they're electronic Nickelback.

Time signature and song structure are not the only thing that makes something experimental. I wouldn't classify it as experimental either, but that's not the only thing that makes something good. I'd say that the song's jarring-ness (couldn't think of a better word for it) forces the listener to actually, well, listen. Name three songs it sounds like.

>Name three songs it sounds like.
In terms of percussion:
youtu.be/VF6-J5BCxWM
youtu.be/t-hB1TzoG7M
youtu.be/vNJpvahstFs (somewhat of a stretch, but they have the exact same BPM and the drumming is quite similar)
I also was trying to find the stock Disney song I remembered with that exact beat, but I can't find it anywhere on YouTube.

I though you meant the whole song, and it's obvious that there will be other songs with the same drums (think of how many have the basic 4 on the floor pattern). You seem to have ignored everything else I've said. I know I won't make you like the song, I'm just hoping you can gain a greater appreciation of his artistry.

Bump

why'd you do it

Because my post needed more You's.

which one
I''ll cumtribute

This LOL

Attached: Screenshot_20180318-172655.png (1080x1920, 341K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wMH0e8kIZtE
holy shit Kanye is just the imagine dragons of rwap oooo

Lmao. Get out of here you FAT BITCH!

>The emotions he conveys are one-dimensional and as simplistic as an eukaryotic cell.
>The emotions he conveys are one-dimensional and as simplistic as an eukaryotic cell.

wot

b8

>Ask friend's little brother which artists he likes
>ummm Imagine Dragons and twenty one pilots

wtf if I were American I'd shoot up his school

>Kanye's lyricism has little to no real substance
Imagine Dragons: "Thunder, feel the thunder (thunder). Lightning and the thunder (thunder)."
wow so innovative and genius music is saved

Nice pasta.

Still more original than "NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL-." Read ()

Fuck off, Modern Vampires is a fanatastic album.