Battle Of The Space Parodies

strawpoll.me/12191564

Fuck talking about the franchises they're making fun of.
Which is the better movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOI_mksUUgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
youtube.com/watch?v=eGoXyXiwOBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spaceballs wasn't really that good.

What an asshole...

Galaxy Quest was made by people who clearly loved the thing they were sending up.

As much as I love Mel Brooks, he loved Westerns and Old Universal Horror movies. That's why Young Frankenstein is so well made for a goofy comedy, he even used some of the original sets. It's clear he didn't give a fuck about Star Wars.

This

Galaxy quest had heart, space balls is trash

So far people who love to talk say Galaxy Quest is better, while people who like to vote in polls say Spaceballs.

Fascinating.

Spaceballs is the shallowest parody of Star Wars.
Galaxy Quest is a good parody of Star Trek where it's clear that the writers are familiar with the subject matter.

shoulda gone with Galaxy quest vs Mystery Men

quest is clearly superior to balls

That's MAJOR Asshole to you.

I'm surrounded by assholes.....

KEEP FIRING, ASSHOLES!

Real men discuss. Let the assholes do the voting.

Your mom shoulda gone with plan b

Spaceballs is to Galaxy Quest what Star Wars is to Star Trek, better.

Oh what a clever and well crafted bit

>they're all named asshole

Haaaaa....

what?? fucking (you)
>everyones plan b

So far the voting is staying tied.

I honestly did not expect this.

He's an asshole too, sir!

Now that I think about it, soaceballs is really fucking garbage.
You have 2 amazing comedic actors they do nothing with, Joan rivers and Johnson candy. Mel brooks just plays himself in both his rolls and bill paxton and whatsherfface aren't funny and suck completely.
Rick Moranis is great but it doesn't count, because rick moranis.
Holy shit spaceballs sucks ass.

Galaxy Quest hands down. Spaceballs is funny but GQ is legit the best Star Trek movie ever made

>Rick Moranis is great but it doesn't count, because rick moranis.
As in, he's always great, right? Because he was always great.

That's exactly what I meant, I think he's great.

>GQ is legit the best Star Trek movie ever made
Truth, because gq has heart. The folks who make comedies seem to be aware that movies need 'heart' to be watched.

This, butt hurt trekies ITT can't see reality.

Ice Pirates > Spaceballs

I like Spaceballs, but GQ is easily a better movie.

Galaxy Quest is hardly even a satire or parody to begin with. It doesn't really make fun of the subject matter it celebrates it. Outside of Star Trek's existence it could exist with only some changes and still be great. Spaceballs needs Star Wars to exist to satirize it.

/thread.

GQ wins.

My god I'm surrounded by shit eating pebs

Fucking space herpes....

No, the post you quoted indicates that spaceballs wins, because it is true satire, and gq loses because it's a standalone film. Trekker idiot.

>youtube.com/watch?v=lOI_mksUUgQ
OUTTA MY WAY AMERICAN FUCKING SHITS

"I'll try spinning, that's a good trick"

Kek fuck off lucasfag, watch your children's thing made for babies. :^]

>surrounded by shit eating pebs
Huh, so the shit eating plebs, as you call them, appreciate a movie that engages in TRUE satire, while you are championing...what exactly??

Behold the butthurt trekker idiot in all his glory!!

>having to resort to technicalities to the question posed by op

Kek Star Wars fans are pathetic
Tell me again how rogue one wasn't compelete trash, faggot.

Not an argument
Get roasted cum sucker

OP's question was which was the better movie. Try reading. That's a good trick.

>Majority of people bitching in the thread think Spaceballs is crap
>mfw Spaceballs winning the poll

>refers to parameters of the discussion as mere 'technicalities'
Oh, user! You dun goofed!!
>even more butthurt faggotry
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

>people unironically dislike spaceballs

>Battle of the space parodies
>parodies
Hmmm, your flaming buttmadness has unbalanced your brain....does it hurt?

Smug post all you want I know your assblasted someone insulted your precious space wizuuurds
Also I think you left your caps on
:^)

gimme paw!!!

You must be over 18 to post in this chan, kid. Go to bed.

Kek anyone that types "bwahahahaha" and is over 12, is retarded.
Good job on figuring out the computer buckaroo I'm genuinely impressed
:^)

How much more do you have, trekker? Has the butt cooled off yet? R u still mad?? How long is it going to take you to respond this time??? Aaand: go!

Why do you type like a fucking fourth grader, and the extent of you insUltra makes me embarrassed FOR you.
This exchange is over :^)

Sucker.
Kids b dumb.
Next!

Same. Galaxy Quest works as a movie, Spaceballs is a really cheap parody.

Which sucks because I love Star Wars and Mel Brooks but I think he didn't have much of an opinion on Star Wars, it was just too big not to lampoon.

A lot of dick jokes, blackout gags and silliness. Some of it works and it's definitely memorable but Galaxy Quest is superior.

I still have no fucking clue why 'May the Schwartz be with you' is supposed to be funny. He's saying a yiddish word instead of force?

Rick Moranis as Darth Vader is the funniest joke in the movie.

Spaceballs honestly feels like an extended SNL skit or maybe SCTV since you've got Moranis and Candy in there.

Galaxy Quest is superior, and I'm pleasantly surprised it's leading.

GQ makes fun not only of the tropes of the series (Is there air out there? You don't know!) but the production surrounding it including the actors. Shatners ego, Nimoy wanting to distance himself, etc.

Spaceballs is a halfhearted series of gags.

It's weird, I used to love Mel Brooks movies, but now, save for Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein, I can't even muster a chuckle for them. It's like the comedy is too old.

I also love his first two films The Producers and The Twelve chairs because they aren't parodies. Especially Producers because it's a totally original story with a genius comic plot.

He tried to come back to that with Life Stinks but that movie feels like flat soda tastes. Sweet but not very exciting.

Same with his intermediary movies like Silent Movie, High Anxiety and History of the World.

DUDE COMBING THE DESERT GET IT? ITS A COMB HAHAHA

this... extremely overrated, especially among plebs who aren't really into good comedies

Yeah, it was the first movie most of us saw with dick and fart jokes though, so it still holds a special place in our hearts.

it wasn't that for me, so maybe that's why i never really got it

I don't dislike Spaceballs, I just think it's shit in comparison to Galaxy Quest.

Galaxy Quest edges it out with much better performances and overall writing.

>GQ makes fun not only of the tropes of the series (Is there air out there? You don't know!) but the production surrounding it including the actors. Shatners ego, Nimoy wanting to distance himself, etc.

Also GQ has much more heart to it.

Galaxy Quest works as a movie about has-been actors from sci-fi show being put into a real space adventure.

Spaceballs is an extended sketch complete with SNL level acting.

2001: A Space Travesty is best

Aliums.....I forgot how ugly they were.

Every comedy movies improved by Leslie Nielsen looking surprised.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Smash Mouth was written for the fucking Mystery Men and not Shrek
youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

the fucking giant vacuum cleaner, among other things, was clearly a throwaway idea from a brainstorming session that made it into the final script somehow

that alone kind of proves that he didn't really give a fuck about this movie

Galaxy Quest just because Sigourney Weaver is hot as fuck in it

Or when it crashes and makes the statue of liberty and two apes on horseback ride up
>What are those things coming out of her nose?
>Spaceballs!
>Oh shit!
>There goes the planet

Zing! Good one Melvin!

Even better is the gorilla that steals President Skroobs escape shuttle.

Spaceballs was 10 years too late at the time so was a complete bust and seemed unfunny. But many years of VHS, DVD, TV, Bluray re-releases have pushed it into one of those guilty pleasures categories. Meanwhile Galaxy Quest has aged like milk.

>Galaxy Quest has aged like milk

youtube.com/watch?v=eGoXyXiwOBg

Fuck you, I liked it.

Wow, that's a really nice bait image, I'm surprised someone actually went to the effort of making Dune as bait.

Though unfortunately, it relies on pretty precise knowledge of classic and somewhat niche sci-fi literature, which means 80-90% of everyone reading it will not get it at all.

galaxy quest is better than spaceballs
but rick moranis is better than galaxy quest.