Finn Wolfhard

Did he get overlooked by the acting/awards community? He was by far the best child actor in the show, yet all the praise seems to be going to Millie Bobby Brown, who plays El.

Do people not realize that her role was infinitely easier because she has so many high impact scenes? Mike Wheeler, played by Finn Wolfhard, is phenomenally written as an average kid with a hero streak. From the word GO, Finn delivers such quality of performance in his vocal inflections that you understand immediately what kind of character he is.

Furthermore, the kid actor himself seems absolutely based. His brother's more of a weeaboo than him, but he still twitch streams with him regularly and couldn't give less of a shit about his own image. He burps, farts, and tells stories about shitting himself as a kid on video all the time. Like the rest of hollywood, he's fairly liberal, but overall I think he's legit. How come he's being overlooked?

I'd recommend watching Stranger Things just to see his performance. It's master class.

plus, he's a total qt

The Duffer Bros. don't like Finn Wolfhard because he originally snubbed them in favor of the IT remake until it was delayed. They ignore questions about him in interviews and only talk highly of that dyke who didn't say a fucking word out of spite.

It's not just their fault, but I'm sure they're involved. Hollywood and tabloids tend to center around female starlets the most because they draw the best press. Male fans spend the most money on their celebrity interests in the form of posters, merchandise, and brand loyalty, so it would make sense that they choose them anyway, even if they're auxiliary characters. It only helps MBB's case that she's the only young girl in the cast, so she stands out by natural contrast.

I agree her acting was not as good as the awards and interviews portrayed, and in fact not as good as Finn Wolfhard's. Also I hope they write out Noah Schnapp.

I just watched the first episode of this. Please tell me that what everyone's been raving about comes afterwards because ep. 1 was very mediocre and utterly lacking in originality. The writing was dull, the ideas were all borrowed, the atmosphere was -alright-... and that's about it. For an hour long episode there wasn't much to it.

Does it get better????

in my opinion, the writing is mediocre, the overall plot is very weak, but the character interactions are the real meat of the show. I personally think it gets better as the children form a bond together. Joyce is going to screech autistically all season, and Hopper will become even more based. Keep watching, it's only a few hours.

fair warning, the very last episode ends weak IMO

like OP said, I'd watch it just as a showcase of this kid's acting. Compare it to the girl's, and then compare the media response. Something's up.

what about their posts made you think they should post on the outdoors board?

Because you need to go outdoors and throw your lap top into a garbage bin, you obtuse reddit-loving pedophile.

>be white male
Have everyone be racist to you and claim they aren't racist but that you are
>be literally anything else
Actively get applauded for doing even half of what a white man does

They were both shit, kys.

How can you even praise El's "acting" she said like 4 words an episode

>literally naming your child after Adventure Time

wow, i haven't seen a /froggo/ in a while

?
what

You are right to say the girl had an easier task because of the "high-impact scenes", but she was still a better actress

Yes

>He was by far the best child actor in the show, yet all the praise seems to be going to Millie Bobby Brown, who plays El.

Because (((Hollywood))) is promoting the feminist narrative, where Millie Bobby Brown is somehow a "fantastic" actress, simply because she got a really short haircut....

He's snubbed because he plays a avaerage white kid in the show, instead of a gender neutral le badass little girl which Hollywood and the vidya industry favour so much these days.

Other than this he has insane range for a child actor

I hate that lil bitch so much, she's incredibly uppity and im sure she thinks she's the shit
I can't stand the interviews and red carpet "looks"

OP here, I didn't mean this as a millie hate thread, just highlighting that he deserved more recognition.

I hope he isn't written into a corner with the new IT script, which he might be. Don't let it reflect on his acting

god she's such a LA lesbian, you can tell even now just by her face

Someone post high res Finn please

i only have low res froggos

absolutely CUTE

undeniably talented

yup hes god tier actor and carried the show
el was typical autism tier power fantasy for socially inept emotionally immature women

There are no more movie stars now, just pop culture flashes in the pan.

None of these kids did anything big with their acting and yet they're championed asnrising stars.

He's just a meme actor, more so the bald girl. They'll not amount to much.

>OP here, I didn't mean this as a millie hate thread

I don't hate her and think she did a good job considering the role (mostly just; sit there with a short haircut and look scared...) but I do hate the blatant SJW shilling of this girl as some kinda ground breaking actress, when there is nothing to back it up.

lesbian

screenshot this

Cute

One thing are pedos.

But boylovers are the worst