P A R T
A
R
T

T I M E
I
M
E

The problem isn't paranormal, the problem is genre drifting.

I don't want Indiana Jones fighting aliens, and I don't want Captain Picard suffering mummy's curses.

Other problems include horrible cgi, terrible script, cartoon gophers, cartoon monkies, ninja wall zombies, bad acting, bad directing, and so on.

It wasn't a bad movie because of aliens. It's a bad movie with aliens.

People are just idiots that need their myths fed to them

Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail are Christian relics
Temple of Doom paints India as either poor or savages

Crystal Skull is about the Aztec/Mayan myth of aliens giving knowledge to civilization

Basically, because it's not about traditional religion or about making brown people look like savages, it's dumb and doesn't fit Indy

The aliens were the last of this movie's problems.

Too much CGI + bad script.

Indy fighting Soviets and aliens is objectively an awesome idea.

The execution was just rough. There's a good movie poking through here somewhere, though. I still enjoy watching it.

This.

This

>genre drifting

The entire point of Indiana Jones is that he comes face to face with the cultural myths of the world

If you hate aliens in Indiana Jones you should also hate Temple of Doom and the Sankara stones, because it's also the Indian version of creation/myth. Aliens are the South American version

It just didn't feel the same watching Harrison Ford as an old fart with fucking SHIA LEBOUF in the 50s racing the Soviets to find aliens

user, the movie doesnt even get magnetism right

its the swinging from the trees with monkeys that got me

Dont worry fellas, from what I understand all copies of the movie are being looked at by top men.

I literally just watched this movie two days ago and Shia was fine - the character was genuinely funny and had personality

It wasn't Indiana Jones but they tried to lie and say it was.

Aliens isn't a cultural myth of the world

It's some bullshit 60s new age garbage.

user, those ancient civilizations didnt know they were aliens. From their point of view, they were gods. Regardless its always tricky going from mystic to scifi, and Crystal Skull did not pull it off

So if the skulls had belong to Quetzocoatl and Kukulkan you'd have been okay with it?

>>Everyone shits on there being aliens in the Indy universe

>Hey guys, do you know what would be awesome for a series based on the Supernatural? "

>"How about EXTRATERRESTRIAL! lmao "

The movie fuckin sucked, but that sounds like it would have been cool. Aztec gods is way cooler than the ayy lmao big eyed long head generic alien we saw.

The Crystal Skulls are also new age hippy dippy bullshit,

Second, Quetzalcoatl and Kukulkan are Mayan deities, not Incan.

But yes, I would have been fine with anything paranormal as long as it actually fit with whatever archaeological mystery Indy was unearthing in any given installment of the series.

And also fixing all those other fuck-ups in this abortion of a movie that I mentioned.

You know looking for Thors hammer or the fire of Prometheus would have been a lot more interesting

It pretty much follows the same path as all sequels - throw more shit into the pot and hope the stew tastes different. With 18 years between Crusade and Crystal Skull, though, they came up with so much shit to throw in that it became a disgusting mess.

It's not like they were saving up for 18 years.

Lucas wanted to make an Indiana Jones movie and he decided he wanted aleums. Spielberg kept trying to talk him out of it, but Lucas insisted. So they just threw that shit to some writers to cobble something together. They probably ignored two dozen fantastic finished scripts because Lucas and his aliens.

It's alright...

Not Prequel bad but not great.

The reasons why Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is bad have nothing to do with aliens. Well, maybe a bit, but they could have worked.

Biggest problems:
>Harrison Ford hasn't given a damn for the last decade (if not longer), his performance is completely lifeless and lacks all the charm and charisma of his younger days
>The Russians are not compelling villains, one second of Mola Ram is more memorable than their entire screentime
>Shia Labeouf's character is surprisingly decent but there's no way he could fill Indy's shoes
>Too many pointless characters (Marion, that triple agent aussie, etc)
>Convoluted plot and themes
>The crystal skull is held with almost no reverence whatsoever, unlike the plot objects of the first three movies
>Too much CGI that's too obvious
>Not enough murder

Still not as bad as the prequels though.

The oldest crystal skull was made in the 60s.

The Crystal Skulls alone have their own genuine mythos - it was a fantastic setting for an Indy movie, knowing that it didn't have to adhere to a specific mythology, but could have built upon the questions brought by the existing skulls. A reasonable plot.

In addition, it was said that the movie would still rely on practical effects, rather than dumping everything into cgi.

Instead we got Indy surviving nukes, weird monkeys, Shia LeBouf swinging through the jungle with shitty cgi faster than cars, and plenty of other shit I've tried to bury to forget how much it ruined the series.

Fuck this movie.

Woah...profound...

But.... muh ancient astronauts

I would have, that sounds great honestly.
> you implying you wouldn't want to see a magical winged and feathered serpent creature released and flying into the heavens, instead of some retarded hippy LCD imagined flying saucer

LSD*

Yeah that's a great idea but the aliens at the end were still the best part of the movie