Own medium size company that makes a few niche food products

>Own medium size company that makes a few niche food products
>Local stores picked my company up throughout most of Florida
>Walmart and Winn Dixie make a deal with me (separately) and orders a shit ton of the product so I have to expand
>Once I have the new infrastructure they start pressuring me to cut costs in half
>Publix is implying and Walmart is straight up telling me to hire people on work visas to get the costs down
>Trying to run a fair company, staff is very loyal and hard working. I already don't pay them enough

Even if I hire a bunch of green cards my costs are still going to be to high for Walmart. What do I do Sup Forums? I wanna be a good American and hire my neighbors but now that I am in so deep I cant lose the business and cover the cost of my warehouse and production line.

What do I do Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=igHTDpOOOY4
cbsnews.com/media/want-to-start-a-new-business-the-10-best-and-worst-states-for-entrepreneurs/
theicecreaminformant.com/2013/08/review-good-humor-chocolate-eclair-bar.html
bluebunny.com/flavor/chocolate-eclair-ice-cream-bar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sell the company and run for the hills

That would basically destroy the lives of my 22 workers and I would have to find a new career.

do what donald trump did

play the game.

once you get to the top, fix it.

Fuck the people who made your company over and rationalize to yourself that globalization is a good thing and how everybody who doesn't agree is a racist.

OR

Tell the Trump campaign....he'd love that.

jack, is that you?

youtube.com/watch?v=igHTDpOOOY4

smart post

What happens if you don't fire them?

buy robots

Haha no but good guess.

I am not gonna mention my company because Sup Forums would think I am shilling my product and Walmart would get super salty with me for telling on them.

Walmart is threatening to pull my product, Winn dixie just keeps ranting about their new pricing anitative, and Publix has been the easiest to negotiate about it.

Walmart is really the behemoth of my sales though.

can you give a hint
is it a tasty snack, or some sort of handy doodad

So if you lose Wallmart you go bankrupt? Then you have no option

REPORT THIS TO MR TRUMP

HE WILL SAVE YOU

I doubt im gonna get to the top of the retail/grocery business.

I do plan on voting for Trump (as do most other business owners I know). He really seems like the best chance at making it a bit easier on us.

Hire me to do your EDI. I can help bring the cost down and keep neighbors working for you

>pricing anitative
>anitative

You're illiterate, so your story is all the more plausible.

disregard the question i'm retarded

what type of niche food product?

think of it like this: if you don't cut costs, those companies will stop buying your product. your company will close down.

you either benefit from the ship sinking or you sink with it.

you tried, but you didn't realize that there are forces much stronger than you. you're still a good man.

Food products.

If I lose Walmart alone I can hold on for a few years and try to make it viable again (I have some money saved up).

I live in Florida. What is it that you make?

trying again might work, but it's most likely going to be much easier to just sell it and start something else up

I can't tell you that much, Walmart would really fuck me if Sup Forums did its thing. Which is also why I can't go to Trump. Legally they could fuck me.

Hey, I do live in the south.

I dont want to be one of those people thats half a million in debt because they can't let go of their company but I think I might try to step up my advertising game and see if that works.

I was thinking about advertising that all our products are made from American produce by American workers.

Looks like it's option 2 then.

Do you know what diversification is? It's not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Do you know how to reduce your risk of going out of business? Diversification.

Walmart will fuck you in the ass. It's time to review your business plan and decide how much you need to rely on ANY one single buyer.

A.Take it to the news/Trump; Risk alienating potential buyers, but gain a chance to shame both companies for pressuring you to cut American jobs

B. Sell your business, and accept that more powerful forces are now killing you. Get out like a bandit. Workforce probably fucked. You have no job

C. Betray your workforce and sell out to stay in business. You have a job for now. Faggot.

D. Refuse and go out of business.

Also alot of people think companies are heartless monsters but I hope you guys never know the feel of knowing your workers deserve better but being unable to pay them what they are worth.

Maybe I am not cut out to be the boss.

Its the amount that walmart orders that fucked me over.

I had to expand my entire company to keep up with their demand. If I had known better I would have never sold my product with them at all until I got to that level naturally.

A and D are not very good.

B is viable if you can find a buyer and don't care about your business anymore.

C is viable but obviously not the road you want to go down otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread.

If you legit have enough money to survive without Walmart, I would suggest using that to start finding new buyers.

NEVER make your company solely reliable on one buyer. That is how you get ass fucked.

The problem is Florida is kind of a deadzone other then Walmart, Publix, and Dixie.

Do you need any food or product photography? I would be willing to do you a freebie. I've got my stuff used all over the world, even Wal-Mart and Kroger have used a number of my photos.

Pic related

You sell or bankrupt clearly. You have 3 years to claim losses. That's why most Businesses go under rebrand recycle names every couple years.

Take it to the news. Will shame the big corps and also get yourself a hell of a lot of supporters and new customers from across the political spectrum. Shit like this will appeal/outrage equally to BernieBros and Trumpkins as well as Normie 'Middle America'.

No but thank you!

I get great deals because I have a few friends in the business already from when I thought I was going to be a graphic designer.

I really can't without getting ass exploded by Walmart.

Every product you see at walmart with the exception of the all stars like Lays or Coke goes through this at Walmart. I guess its conform or die until the laws change.

You realize this is south Florida. You don't want to risk alination of latins.

throwing good money and time after bad money and time

I do have quite a few Cuban and Mexican workers who are full legal citizens so I doubt that would stick.

fuck that hire white men and save your company

Oh you mean token uncle toms? That will pan out well in little Havana and Haiti.

Windixie had a fucking live rooster running around and birds inside last I was there. Good luck.

You need Lean Six Sigma process improvement, you likely have a lot of waste in the way you operate and eliminating that can drive down costs.

tell walmart you didn't get the memo please re transmit, do this for thirty years, retire-profit.

Unless your workforce 90% Spanish you don't even belong in Miami and hire against demographics you racist!!!!

>Implying Trump isn't in favor of mega corporations fucking over suppliers.
t. Crocodile Dundee
Fuck off and go talk about emu politics or whatever the fuck you do in your shit hole country.

>making deals with walmart

>Selling food products
>Ignoring the biggest of the three grocery chains in your area.

What happens if u dont cut costs in half, the deal is off?

out of state?

I don't shaming Walmart is going to get you anywhere. Whatever feeling of satisfaction you get 'sticking it to them' is counter-balanced by your lack of future in that industry.

>>Once I have the new infrastructure they start pressuring me to cut costs in half
Tell them to go fuck themselves; your product takes a certain amount of labor and you're not willing to compromise quality.

How niche is the product? You realize that Miami wasn't part of the industrial revolution for a reason?

Start selling at higher end stores. Your product probably is for a higher tier of customer by the sound of it.

Quality over quantity.

Signing contracts with big companies is usually a mistake. They push you super hard and then when they are your only client,they push you even harder to the point of bankruptcy and then buy the company for peanuts. You fucked up.

I am not located in Miami and the products are very popular because it does not really have any alternatives (which has been my biggest bargaining chip so far)

No matter what happens I am bailing before bankruptcy. I promised myself that.

Fuck Walmart, they are rats. However they are rats with money. You need to also consider the legal ramifications. I'm not sure about your laws,but what you are doing might be illegal. And if not, the pressure will keep pilling up anyway, and you may end up hiring straight out illegals. Needless to say that if you get caught, you are fucked.
Plus there is a moral cost. If you want to keep your morals, you will have to come to terms with the fact that they won't win you any favors in the business world. In my limited experience, the only bottom line benefit staying moral has for you is the potential in advertising, by which I mean you can use your standing as a oral person to attract positive attention from the public.

>What do I do Sup Forums?

Put this on your facebook: Walmart is straight up telling me to hire people on work visas to get the costs down

Do you have emails, or recorded calls of WalMart telling you to do this?

Get a shit ton of free publicity and kill WalMart at the same time

>what is libel and slander

It would be best to record a phonecall and disguise everything that can be linked back to you

Seriously you could likely find ways to boost your quality/yields and reduce labor with lean. If you want some advice let me know. [email protected]

It would ruin me legally. Their is no way I could keep up with walmarts lawyers.

THIS OP, DO THIS

This is what kills 90% of all businesses. Getting greedy. You saw a chance to expand and jumped on it without a second thought. You over stretched and now you're going to reap the rewards.

If you'd have stayed within your means and kept supplying local stores, you would have been fine.

Have you explained to your workers? Maybe they will take wage cuts for now until you're bigger? I'd go public with this one, expose what's happening to America. Can't you sell under your own name on sites like Amazon so you don't rely so much on Walmart?

Move your business to Cali and market it to local hipsters and liberals, I have a hunch that your product is something they would literally beg you to take their money for.

I have been through this with a few people from walmart already. I pretty much took all the advise other then what I questioned morally.

They are bullying you into a deal that benefits them, with no care for what happens to your company, fuck them, do it, make a gofundme,

Or tell them to go fuck themselves the price is the price.

My father almost felt for something similar. Dont trust big supermarkets,ket alone let them to monopolize your production. Is better to produce littke and have a big variety of clients than producing a lot for one client. Walmart is going to push your shit,when they buy 75% of your product. Dont fall for their games,they probably just want to push your shit out and buy your company when they are almost your only client.

I don't know how your company operates but could you do what they say, use green card labour for the production process to secure that supply deal with Wal-Mart. Then you can hire back on Americans to do the high value added jobs like marketing, distribution, web design, accounting, etc. I have no idea what your margins are but isn't this how the future is supposed to work?

How much money do you would need to cover up?

Sell the whole shitshow to whole foods and start a new company where companies can afford to operate. Fuck just my monthly toll bill is over 400 a month and I'm not a daily driver. Don't even ask about rent. David Bekham building his stadium changed things quick in south and little Haiti is new wynwood. Go high brow whole foods or get into mom and pop markets (the ones most using there anyways) by solicitation and hustle. Sounds you you a sell out so sell out or hustle harder. You def in the wrong zone to go Trump kek

So hire them temporarily, they are asking for half but will accept a third price drop if you also increase the quality of ingredients, just separate the class of workers (separate warehouse what have you) as best you can from finding out about each other until you can get out of the strong influence of the monopoly and bring back the locals.

You give me some money and be my sugar daddy

Have you had someone inside your production facility that truly understands Lean and has examined your own? I highly doubt that there isn't room for improvement.

We have had a heart to heart about this in the past. They already took a hit when they lost dental, got a shittier insurance plan, some people went down to part time, and no one is gonna get a raise until this settles. If I gave them a pay cut their is really no benefit to working for me over Walmart themselves.

Alot of my fanbase is already hipsters lol. Florida has tons

Be content functioning at the scale you do and ignore them.

It's not as though they're going to pass the savings you generate by cutting cost on to the customer.

They can try to find another product to replace you, but if you have a solid customer base they'll find you. "Yeah. I'll try Walmart. But, y'know how it is sometimes. Drop me? Well, that's a shame. Guess my customers will just have to find me exclusively at Publix. I'll let them know. Heck, I may put the content of this email right on the label. Where? I dunno. Right under a little American flag I guess."

You could turn this into a marketing coup...

Walmart bullshit too if its niche. You don't want Walmart food. Gross. Versache doesn't sell in Walmart because his products are worth more as a quality brand. You prolly shooting your brand in the foot by being there.

>Move your business to Cali
There is some retarded advice in this thread, but yours takes the cake. Cali is filled with retarded kids who are poor because they only buy brand-name shit. Their version of "indie" is "riot games is an indie game developer who makes this little-known game called league of legends" and "I love farmers markets. Whole foods is one of my favorites, but trader joe's is good too." Florida is honestly the best place for starting companies to take off, because there's a ton of rich retired old people who will buy anything as long as you convince them it is the best.

The scale I am at requires their business

I just wish I was in a better position, but its not like I have had any experience owning a company before this.

I will say, it seems like everyone tries to cut too many corners, than there product is shit and I never buy it again. ham,blue bell trying to be good humor-their shit I've tried them. million others.

Then you a cuck and listen to your bull boss

Simple do everything they ask and record everything they say/ write to you. Release a book about how Walmart and publix are shitting on the American Dream by hiring poor fags.

I agree with finding clients out of state, California might not be the best idea so maybe have a look at getting some in Georgia

Tell them to fuck off, and raise the price

>The scale I am at requires their business

fuck Walmart, pick up 5 more smaller clients to justify the infrastructure.

Try getting in conveience stores, gas stations, bodegas, mom'n'pops

This isn't new, everyone knows that Walmart fucks their suppliers up the ass with giant unlubed dildos and every time someone tries to sue for analysis damages Walmart just looks at the judge and says "I told him to loosen up but he still clenched" and you end up having to pay them because it turns out Walmart fucking wrote the law and sent it to senators to get it signed.

>Alot of my fanbase is already hipsters lol. Florida has tons
So as some other anons suggested, go independent. Gradually. Do mail order, either yourself of via Amazon. If you do Fulfilled by Amazon they take a bigger cut but your headache about logistics is reduced to a minimum. Or have your own hip online store. Try and sell the hipsters on shit like monthly subscription boxes, they seem to love that shit.

And why do you even sell to Walmart if your product is attractive to hipsters? No self-respecting hipster shops at Walmart.

That'd be $100 for my consultation services, Godspeed user.

Have you tried in selling your product to small stores? Or even open a dtores yourself,if you think that the product really has a client base. Just dont let a company to own most of your production. America is huge,I am sure that you will find lots of people interested in your brand.

That's not factual at all. I see why you failing.

cbsnews.com/media/want-to-start-a-new-business-the-10-best-and-worst-states-for-entrepreneurs/

it will also get him blacklisted you dumbass

this

theicecreaminformant.com/2013/08/review-good-humor-chocolate-eclair-bar.html

is not this

bluebunny.com/flavor/chocolate-eclair-ice-cream-bar

This entire thing seems made up and retardedly delivered.

The fact that you faggots are falling for this just makes me realize what faggots you are.

This too. Start selling online, look at Blue Apron, they literally ship you ingredients and instructions to make meals

Fire human resources
Make supply chain more efficient
Use commissions like a get rich quick scheme
They sell your product
>Put freebies in said product
>Change package to be smaller
>Pack more in truck (cheaper)
>File taxes via Hong Kong limited company
>Don't hire for diversity
>Make company all white believe me
>company cohesion and productivity will skyrocket
>Don't hire for diversity sakes

T. Grandfather was billionaire via icecream but lost it all in gambling

>And why do you even sell to Walmart if your product is attractive to hipsters? No self-respecting hipster shops at Walmart.
He's probably targeting collgene students in Tampa-Orlando. You know, the hipsters who go to colleges surrounded by Walmart, because Walmart bought every mom and pop store around campuses and turned them into Neighborhood Markets.

Yeah I'm feeling it's a kid b8 myself now. How the fuck you can operate in south Florida and claim it to be best place to start a buisness is asinine. It's a fucking loony bin.

Document everything, then sell your company, then send the information to:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Tell them what it's about. They will love it.

Talk to the major convenience stores around you and push your product through there.

eh, I got time to kill, I'll play along with anything you come up with.

funny thing about kroger,
they upgraded their entire production. probably the most massive overhaul i can think of with any food industry. all of their products are top quality (at least here in CA) and their generic brand is better than most brand names now.
and the cost is lower

amazing products, kroger is my favorite brand

another thing i noticed is during their overhaul they seem to comply with new and upcomming chemical laws which are going to ban many toxic substances. it seems kroger has planned far ahead for this. which makes me really think this type of efficiency and scale can only come from a government entity

but anyhow, ralphs and kroger are my favorite places to shop
i just love high quality products for a cheap prices, especially when the quality is higher than brand name stuff. it makes me feel like a total jew, its a special feeling that i love

i also recently purchased some ancient roman currency, i got just the right coin for my budget that im really happy with

This is the problem Trump wants to address.
You really can't get anywhere unless you play the game, and the game isn't good for Americans.