Why do people hate alien 3?

why do people hate alien 3?
Alien is a classic movie. Its almost too good to be enjoyable but definitely a masterpiece.
However, I found aliens (alien 2) kinda shitty, a kinda product of its time silly extremely 80's action movie.
but alien 3, it was shot really well, the monk prisoners were interesting, the no weapons plot was neat. I think it is actually one of the best movies of the franchise.
When I look online for why people hate it they just say "ohhh, its so bad" and never explain why and go on about the production.
So, enlightenment sirs. What is so wrong with alien 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

putlockers.ch/watch-alien-3-online-free-putlocker.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>So, enlightenment sirs.

I think it's just the fact that it used CGI, which at the time was absolutely groundbreaking because it was cutting edge.

But now a days we have super high definition flat screen televisions and computers to watch it on, so the CGI scenes stick out like a sore thumb.

>terrible setting

>needless torture of Ripley

>xenomorph can't take fire but shrugs off molten metal like its water

>not a single memorable scene

Yeah user, I don't know why people hate it.

>no reason for an egg to be on the sulaco, let alone 2
>religion aspect is brought into the mix too few times and feels under developed
>motion capture/blue screen for the alien is crap
>clemons doesnt get nearly enough time

only good parts are charles s dutton and the score

Most people who hate Alien 3 are talking about the original cut, which indeed is pretty fucking terrible.
The director's cut however is really close to the original Alien IMO when it comes to build up, pacing, character development etc. It's a good movie, maybe not the best, but still a good follow up to 1 and 2

why is the setting terrible? and what do you mean by needless torture?

ah, that might be the case. I think I have only seen the directors cut

Is there anywhere I can watch the directors cut online?

This nonsense about other versions of Alien 3 being good is the most pernicious meme on Sup Forums

The original cut really is quite bad - go check the differences, you'll be surprised how little the original presents compared to the director's cut
Shit man I wish I could help you but i cannot remember if I downloaded it or simply streamed it. But I can't imagine it being hard to find - it's a popular version and def. worth the watch.
Off yourself

>>not a single memorable scene

Here kitty kitty

>no reason for an egg to be on the sulaco, let alone 2

was it eggs on the ship? i always assumed it was face huggers that hitched a ride with the queen on the drop ship

putlockers.ch/watch-alien-3-online-free-putlocker.html

file not found

Man, it's been too long, all I can remember for sure is that there was a mysterious slime trail going into Newts sleep pod. Ripley had a chestburster inside of her. And a facehugger attached itself to a dog.

That specific facehugger had to have hatched from an egg. There's no way a facehugger could have survived that long outside of an egg.

Thank you fellow user!

it works, watching it now.

holy shit, I'm looking at the differences. Major plot points were removed!

I've only ever seen the Assembly Cut (also referred to as the director's cut) and thought it was fantastic, better than Aliens. It adds like an extra 45 minutes of film and changes quite a bit including how the alien is created and adding in an entire half-hour sequence where they capture it.

>45 minutes
Shit... how did they cut that much. Is it another studio meddling case like Kingdom of Heaven and BvS? Or is it Fincher's?

> kills Hicks
> kills Newt
> Bishop android gets 3 minute cameo
> over-use of the fisheye-lens-alien-running-up-the-walls

yeah, i can't see why people don't love that film.

Does someone have a gif of the xenomorph running out of his trap?

Misleading advertisement, shitty digital compositing, shitting all over Aliens (good!) and a lacklustre theatrical cut.

>why do people hate alien 3?
>Hicks and Newt die off screen before the movie even begins
Even if you think this isn't a good reason to dislike it, it's probably the single most common gripe about Alien 3. You start off on the wrong foot from the get go and the film really doesn't do enough to win the audience back for killing those characters off.

Nothing

It was Fincherkino

Read up on the history of the film. I don't really like Fincher that much but it's a testament to his directorial talents that the film was even released. The production of Alien 3 is the absolute archetype of a hollywood trainwreck.

>ITT: salty Aliens-fags

>terrible setting

I actually think it's one of the better ones. It's more atmospheric than Aliens, but not as much as Alien but close. The whole place really felt genuine like you were there

>needless torture of Ripley

Not a bad thing. I feel the depressive and dark tone of the movie works well. Very forboding

>molten metal

Yea that was kind of dumb

>Not a single memorable scene

Now you're just straight up lying. Chase scene, autopsy, ending, exploding Alien are just a few. Come on

I like the DC, but I really wish they didn't change the dog Alien to a cattle Alien. Also the ending when she's falling looks laughably bad.

>too good to be enjoyable
what does that even mean?

wrong
wrong
stop being autistic
not an argument

It's a little less gruesome, but the idea of a creature that size emerging from a dog is pretty dumb. Still, it fit better with the Runner concept.

All the effects look shit in this movie, everything else about the ending was so stellar that it works regardless.

I think Alien 3 is a great test. If you think it's a good film, you have bad taste in films. But, a billion people like Nicki Minaj too. So, enjoy!

Liking Aliens makes you a normie, liking Alien 3 makes you a true connoisseur of kino.

People got a sequel to Alien when they were expecting a sequel to Aliens.

That's the thing you can't make a sequel to alien. The whole premise works because both the audience and the characters have no idea what they are dealing with.

By Alien 3 both the audience and Ripley know exactly what they are dealing with. Fincher tries to replace the fear and tension with hopelessness and religious symbolism and it doesn't really work because the alien isn't some unstoppable force of nature its a creature of flesh and blood that Ripley has killed twice before.

Also its a massive industrial site, put together a half dozen McGuyver/Mythbusters style homemade flamethrowers and herd the damn thing into an IED its not hard.

>all I can remember for sure is that there was a mysterious slime trail
A hatched egg is shown during the opening credits. Which means the alien queen didn't need that huge, elongated birth canal we saw in Aliens. Maybe it was just a fashion accessory.

And there was just one egg, which means that lone facehuggers can now impregnate multiple hosts before dying, apparently.

Add to that the dumb, disjointed dialogue, half-developed allegories and weighty pretensions, and you end up with a shoddy mess of a film.

>kino
Everyone who uses this expression is a posturing retard. Stuff that fedora up your arse.

>Fincher tries to replace the fear and tension with hopelessness and religious symbolism
That wasn't Fincher, it has a holdover from an early version of the script (where the action was set on board a wooden space monastery ... yes, really.)

A duff script makes for a duff movie. Fincher had to play the hand he was dealt. That's why, of all the people at fault for this shambles, he's probably least to blame.

I don't think he's to blame for anything, he was handed nothing but baggage and managed to turn it into something watchable.

>>not a single memorable scene

Gigga Nigga taking on the Xeno hand to hand is pretty memorable

I can understand killing off Hicks cause Biehn was being an asshole and wanting a stupid amount of money, they fucked up killing Newt off though.

>Not a single memorable scene
>Has the most iconic image of the whole franchise

3 has a great ending.

lmao

It's a bad copy of alien

Aliens is stylistically different than the first film but at least it excels at doing its own thing instead of trying to poorly ape the original

Alien 2.5

find out what happened to newt + that dude

>not a single memorable scene
What about that bucket?

>That wasn't Fincher, it has a holdover from an early version of the script

Tone and symbolism are two of the things that a director has the most control over regardless of whats in the script.

That said is right Fincher likely didn't have the pull needed to force the ground up rewrite the script required so he just worked with what he had.

alien 3 completely shits the bed in the final act. pretty much shortly after the alien becomes a prominent feature and Charles Dance dies it starts sucking. the visual effects are bad and the action sequences are plodding and tension-less. and the religious metaphors get laid on so thick Zack Snyder would think it's too much

it'd have been better if it wasn't an alien movie at all, just a Ripley movie. the dynamic between her and the prisoners was the most interesting part

Oh please, the bucket was blatantly overacting.

The second act is the sucky part you're describing. The final act is great.

Agreed.

I would say the entire love story between Ripley and Clemens was memorable.

This is rumor control.