What happens once you've won an Oscar?

>become a-list
>pay increase
>get the best scripts/roles

all of the above or did the academy lie to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/oscars-2016-academy-awards-box-office-money-worth-a6897246.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B00KDDTG6I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00KDDTG6I&linkId=f4040ba68940507f8dd19907f55b8155
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nowadays, you get roped into capeshit

I think these days it doesnt carries the weight it used to in the past

Literally does not matter at all. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, all that shit is a meme that does not matter.

Jennifer Lawrence won an Oscar for starring in a Bradley Cooper drama comedy about a retard. It doesn't matter.

yes

It's like getting a Michelin star.

It gives studios and incentive to hire you because they can put 'starring Oscar winner...' in the promotional material.

If you look at the history of Oscar winners - you have some of the most well known performers of all time (Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart) but you also have people who have long been forgotten.

Have you heard of Cliff Robertson?

Maximilian Schell?

Remember Jean Dujardin? He's from The Artist. Bet you didn't even know his name.

>a successful twink

Redmayne is a rare anomaly.

I know who Djuardin is. I'll give you the other two though.
Nice quads BTW

>star in more oscarbait
>star in summer blockbusters

pick one

Usually, it's a nightmare. Studios think you are too expensive and your agent tell you to not accept middle paychecks.

This.

Some actors have expressed that it's harder to get work after an Oscar, since producers start thinking you're too good for their parts.

to be fair Dujardin is french and works in France. So him getting an Oscar and not working in american movie is logical.
Binoche which is french and has an Oscar too rarely work in the USA aswell

The people who hired you for a film can use the phrase "academy award winner" in their posters and trailers.

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/oscars-2016-academy-awards-box-office-money-worth-a6897246.html

>A male actor’s salary can increase up to $3.9 million after taking home the statuette, while a Best Actress win is worth a $500,000 salary increase, the data showed.

>did both

This. Jlaw. Vikander. Brie. Bullock. Lupita. Halle all cannot fucking act

Just like Emma Stone and Natalie Portman

what is an oscar when you can buy it from amazon

amazon.com/gp/product/B00KDDTG6I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00KDDTG6I&linkId=f4040ba68940507f8dd19907f55b8155

is there anything he can't do?

convince the public that he's heterosexual

what happened to anne hathaway after winning her oscar in 2012?

Interstellar.

publicly have a boyfriend

>ayy i'm a shut-in with no discernable talents yet I am an expert on who can or cannot act
Neck yourself.

>you have to be an accomplished actor to quantify the skill level of actors contrasted with better ones

hmm....

>you can judge acting without knowing anything about the craft

>you need to have participated in acting to judge it

how is any film critic's opinion valid then?

xd theres nothing to know about the "craft"

brando docet

Oscars are used to promote actors/directors/films/etc. Once you win an Oscar you basically become Hollywood's little bitch toy used to sell movies in the future.

You can already hear the normies:
>oh that movie won an oscar it must be good!
>oh Jennifer Lawrence has won a number of oscars this flick must be worth watching
>hmm this film was nominated for an oscar, let's watch it!

Ayyy you're talking to a different user. If you think those actors i named can act you're autistic like everyone who thinks they can act. Which was your waifu? I forgot mew and and kstew

Judging acting isn't difficult if you aren't an autist.

thats exactly right, oscars signal quality in the eyes of the public and have become a mere marketing tool in recent years

women hated her and preferred j law

honestly if the cover had said Academy Award Winner Eddie Redmayne I would've bought the bluray. But it didn't. What a fucking wasted opportunity

I'm a guy and I always hated her and jlaw
This. Normies legitametly think oscars matter because they watch such a small amount of films. They also think jlaw can act. Anyone who thinks jlaw can act is a fucking nutter.

remove his beard

j law can act, she has screen presence. but her performances can be hit or miss (like in X-Men). Still, she's a better actress than let's say jennifer aniston will ever be

Disagree she has zero screen presence lmao. She cant even act in capeshit or hunger games. She has no talent. Stop with the winters bone meme. If she was good she wouldnt be shitting it up. I see zero nuances and her acting the same like herself. Aniston was mainly a tv actress but I think she has good comedic timing. Not a serious actor tho

The movie needed less Mila Kunis and more of Redmayne getting bukkake'd by a bunch of burly men and the guy playing his brother.