No taxation without representation

So, let them. If people want to opt out taxes, go ahead. They just lose the right to vote with it. That way everyone is happy.

Considered in VATs?

>Thinking your vote even comes close to being worth what you pay in taxes

I barely vote now. I would take that deal any fucking day.

The biggest benefit of taxes to people is arguably healthcare, but americans don't have that anyway so who gives a fuck.

All we need is a flat percentage tax based on income that everyone pays equally. Do you have any idea how many people not only get out of paying taxes, but the government pays THEM money every year? Can you imagine how much the government could accomplish if everyone paid their share? Teachers could be paid more, every public school could have new text books every year. All-new infrastructure, free internet service for the entire country, grants for scientific research, military technology that makes the rest of the third world look like a bunch of cave men throwing rocks. We have powered exoskeletons already, if there's enough funding to research battery technology all we'd need to do is weld armor to those things and suddenly the entire army is fucking Iron Man. The only things in the way are a insane tax laws and people bitching about having to pay their share.

*first world

Who is this fluid druid?

>No niggers and corporations voting

I think you literally solved our nations problems.

problem is no tax is flat, every form of tax is either regressive or progressive on some metric, sometimes they're progressive on one metric, regressive on another

Example, you make $100, have to pay $90 in costs. A ten percent tax on income takes $1, a ten percent tax on profit instead takes $10, a ten percent tax on consumption takes $9. There's no perfect balance possible.

That's 'merica. Taken over by a bunch fo whiny faggots that can't deal with having slightly less dollars in their wallet, and can't understand the benefits that would come with it. And then those same short sighted asstards try to talk down to everyone else.

>americans arguably having the best healthcare in the world

>the only catch is you have to pay for it

canadians, everyone

I love that so much, holy cow.

income tax makes the most sense, then. Can someone explain why a profit tax or consumption tax would ever be considered by anyone? I went to a public school that was paid for by tax dollars, this was never explained.

>The only other catch is that it's gouged as fuck
>the only other other catch is that you literally have to work with an insurance company that will fuck you the instant you're inconvenient/not making the maximum profit for them.
>The only other other problem is that our economy is so cock-choked that folks who have done everything right still get stuck with shitty min. wage and part time jobs that offer no benefits.

>>folks who have done everything right still get stuck with shitty min. wage and part time jobs that offer no benefits.

They obviously haven't done "everything right" then have they?

I am unsure if getting insurance via non job methods is hard because I went the military path and got that subpar(but still counts for ACA) VA healthcare.

Do you not understand how circumstances work? A good portion of the BS you deal with in life is pretty much completely out of your control, and a good number of those things can fuck you financially/job wise very easily.

Explain these "circumstances" that prevent scum min wage burger flippers from getting a manual labor or "skilled" labor position making more and receiving benefits?

Work min wage shit tier job, save 50 dollars to join labor union and become a "general laborer" you now make at least 2-3 dollars more an hour and receive at least partial benefits.

I don't mind paying taxes. I like my highways, the opportunity to draw on the money in retirement/unemployment that I was forced to put aside while I was working, and other general benefits to society that I may not directly benefit from.

I don't like paying the way for people to draw from the system far more than they contribute to, paying for pet projects that only benefit the politicians who propose them, or paying for unhealthy people to continue their expensive lifestyle.

I don't think people should be able to opt to pay for whatever they wanted because everyone would just vote for benefits and there would be no reward for hard work. Likewise, I don't think that the majority of tax revenue based on pure contribution (aka more rich people paying higher taxes) should be indicative of what society has voted to be the most important.

We live in a republic where we vote-in the people who we believe could further our own agenda, stripping the right of people who would gladly support things that only benefit people who earn more than $1,000,000/year just so we don't have to contribute to a broken welfare state only further polarizes the problem, instead of reaching a medium like I think OP is suggesting. The same is true in the exact opposite, it only polarizes.

I want to rape her to death then fuck her some more.

Social security is the worst return on fucking investment there is. Just think of how much better you could do with the money that is stolen out of your check plus the money the gov't forces your employer to match.

>negroes
>paying taxes

emily rudd when she was a teenage qt

she is still qt as fuck, but not as much as in ops pic

Social Security basically forces you to put aside a portion of your paycheck every pay period to an account that you can only draw on once you're retired. That's genius. If I put aside twice as much as I put away in SS I'd have a great retirement at age 50 with the only cost of being able to go out on the town one less time even every two pay periods.

The best argument against SS is the moral implication. SS basically says "we're going to steal your money not only so you can retire happily, but also so other people who didn't work as hard as you can maybe also live as happy as you do in retirement" which is basically the same argument as taxes in general.

Putting money aside for later is almost never a bad idea unless you live in such dire straights that you need every penny of your paycheck to go towards sustaining your very existence. The problem is that other people are benefiting from your contribution more than you are because they don't contribute very much themselves, not that sacrificing 1 night of fun every 2 weeks is better than having 20-30 years of work-free life.

No shit, I know what SS is for. I'm saying the amount of money they steal from you and the amount of money you actually get back when all is said and done is a fucking joke. It is a terrible investment that you're FORCED to make and if you were instead given your money to invest yourself you'd be coming away with so much more. Also if your employer instead paid you the money the gov't FORCES them to match towards your SS you'd be better off also.

They're stealing my money and pissing it away on terrible investments. They do this because idiots like you think it's some great idea because you don't have the foresight, intelligence or the initiative to invest the money yourself.

And then to top it off it's taxed to hell and back when you claim it.

Alright m, look, we're basically saying the same thing. The idea of putting your own money aside is best for you when only you can draw on that money, right? It's when other people (or other interests, i.e. The government, benefit more than you do).

I think we both agree that the idea of SS is sound, while the actual practice of it isn't.

However, I don't think that forcing employers to match the amount we put aside in SS per paycheck is any better. That essentially puts even more taxes on businesses, which reduces their incentive to pay employers. While it would be nice that my employers pays the same amount that I do, it would basically force them to only pay for employees that they deem are worthy of the cost. That only forces a dichotomy between economic classes right? At that point, you might as well be saying that worthless people are worthless, and worthy people are worthy.

>folks who have done everything right

>still get minimum wage

kek, evidently not

>be german
>pay nuffin for healthcare (University under 25, in my parten's healthcare)
>can get cancer and treat it for millions of Dollar worth an american treatment
>after University not going to pay for healthcare either - going to be employed by my country
>pay 5€ for every drug prescription max

It is easy, like 'mericans, whats the Deal?

>giving up your non choice to not pay tax
man i knew canada was retarded but they really take the retard cake

>be German
>think that being able to afford cancer treatment costs millions of dollars if you aren't a total financial retard
Cheers

You tell me what it costs since i don't really pay for it >:-)

>I don't know what I pay for healthcare in taxes & opportunity costs
>therefore I don't pay for healthcare