Are we hipsters?

Are we hipsters?

Attached: hipsterpod.jpg (1600x1436, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/Qwerty100/the-hipster-collection/
rateyourmusic.com/~Qwerty100
rateyourmusic.com/images/all?assoc_id=386621&type=u
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>real punk
>the clash
ahahahaha

Attached: gleeful grin.jpg (419x433, 65K)

Is this from 2006?

Probably

If you like 5 or more artists on this list then you are 100% hipster
rateyourmusic.com/list/Qwerty100/the-hipster-collection/

hipsters don't exist anymore

Possibly not given nobody has mentioned the new Decemberists album and its been three days now.

hipsters are an old fad.

>TVU
>Isis
>Refused
>Minutemen
>Boris
well fuck

Probably because nobody has cared about them in over a decade and they weren't good to begin with.

I'd prefer being a hipster over being pretentious enough to dislike almost everyone on this fantastic list.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>new order
>80s dance music

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1[1].jpg (800x614, 58K)

>what is Technique

>Not having Friendo in your filters
You should change that

Hipsters were just the trendy alt-fad for millenials. No different from Gen Z being full of hypebeast Soundcloud rap listeners

or are we dancer

This is the funniest shit thanks for posting

This. The media machine moved on to marketing to the next generation.

wew

lmao, wtf is this? Why is this guy so obsessed?

US Number 1 album, The King Is Dead (2011)
US Number 7 album, What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World (2015)

>nobody has cared about them in over a decade

If only they had the kind of success afforded to Death Grips eh (US Chart peak, 196).

This is about as autistic as the UTV files

What a faggot

Attached: IMG_3537.png (500x332, 245K)

Yikes, whenever I feel bad about myself I can at least find peace knowing I'm not this guy

>hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipser hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipser hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster
never seen someone boogeyman this hard before

"But yes, if your list of favourite genres goes something like this:

noise rock, dream pop, atmospheric sludge, atmospheric black metal, atmospheric this and that, doom metal, crust punk, post-(fill-in-the-blank), drone, shoegaze, low-fi indie, art punk, conscious rap, dark hip hop, indie rock, singer/songwriter, indie folk

... then clearly you have very little to no interest in actual music. You are definitely a hipster - at least music-wise. These are all hack genres designed to exploit the weak-willed and the "I so desperately wanna be original/intellectual" crowd. They're the Picassos and the Pollocks of music: charlatan rock could be the umbrella label for them all. "

Attached: 13597688_1655496934773770_613043628_n.jpg (320x320, 23K)

Everytime I see this posted I get sad because I have to think that somebody had to type all that out. It reads like it was by a man who was cucked by a hipster.

>he's a metalfag
lol
what a surprise

Now THIS is autism.

he's just a metal elitist don't worry

Honestly agree with most points he makes however his bias goes too far when he rates hipster acclaimed artists low simply for being hipster acclaimed. A lot of those artists are immediately enjoyable and good

Cringy as fuck. Qwerty can't criticize music to save his life.
Step 1: make a shitty joke about the band/album being bad with no followup.
>They're indie, they're lethargic, they have a dress code, and they're from New York. You get the picture.
>At least they're honest. I mean, NOISE. That's kind of like saying "yes, we make utter shit, and yet it's art". Sure it is, boyo.
Step 2: write tediously about your boring personal connection with the band/album.
>"Reminds me of my younger 'I only like dissonance' self." I start off with a quote this time, because I absolutely love this statement. I read it in a forum discussing Frank Zappa's lengthy rant about the narrow-mindedness of classical music and how (badly) composition is taught at universities. But the context where I got it from is irrelevant. This could easily be a great meme.
>In fact, for a while I refused to include him because I simply could not believe that this TALENT-FREE MEDIA CLOWN with the intellect of an amoeba, the behaviour of an attention-seeking hamster and the artistic integrity of Britney Spears was actually admitted by hipsters into the Hipster Hall Of Fame. I mean, Kanye! The guy who shtoops Kim Kardashian? What's intellectual or exalted about that! It doesn't get any more commercial or garbagy or laughable than being Kanye, right? It'd be like Taylor Swift or Rihanna being held in high esteem for their powerful lyrics and ground-breaking music. I see Kanye as the Vanilla Ice of our age, or the MC Hammer of our age: he is a clown and nothing else.
Step 3: bold sentences that you think make you sound smart, but actually contain no valuable insight at all into whatever you're criticizing.
>This monkey was bored. I want my bananas back.
Don't forget to be extremely sanctimonious, make baseless assumptions, and get sidetracked in the second sentence of every paragraph by something not related to the music of the actual album your talking about.

Attached: yuBmjoE.jpg (640x480, 44K)

>Qwerty100
lol

Does the term “hipster” still exist in small towns or something?

Big city here and that term died in 2012

That image oozes 2009-2011 nostalgia so bad it hurts.

dude listens to korn lol

>anyway shouldn't be listening to Slayer, they should be brought up on jazz, classical music, genuine folk music, good-quality pop music - styles of music that train the ear for what must inevitably draw all adults with developed ear-lobes to eventually: metal. You don't START OFF a kid's musical education with real metal! The fuck is that all about? It's like buying them an airplane before they even learn to use a scooter
holy cringe

Yeah and that's when they became Walmart core, their whole gimmick was le epic indie

>this is what listening to metal does to you
not even once

His taste in metal isn't completely awful but I have to call him a pleb because I like many of the hipster bands he hates AND most of the classic metal he likes AND a bunch of metal that is obviously too brutal for him. Also he put Sabbath in the "not bad but not nearly as good as my faves" category which is completely wrong.

Wow I hope that faggot shoots himself in front of his family

It's a chick iirc.
Her whole tirade on hipsters is because people gave her shit for having ABBA as her favourite band

he's probably only listened to iron man and war pigs

Is she cute?

Safe.

Attached: 1510821643515.png (1600x1436, 481K)

>metal chick
>this autism
About 0% chance

still the most confusing individual on that entire website

>most of his 5/5s are m*tal

I kind of miss when these "indie" groups were hip with all the kids in New York and Portland. Different time. Modern "indie" consists of Boy Pablo and fucking Gus Dapperton.

I need a time machine.

Attached: 1456558589876.jpg (364x622, 65K)

i dont like any of those except for new order

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own). One may be quick to coin such interests and garb as "black-rimmed glasses, flannel, and indie music," however said mainstream-avoiding "hipsters" will logically turn down abiding to such a popular consensus, voiding the interpretation null.

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

im a concious hipster
fuck you

Hipsters do not like these

I'm a hipster and I like all of them
fuck you

I read two paragraphs and I'm expecting to die of brain cancer any moment.

Stopped reading after the Wu Tang review. Jesus that shit was more cringe than any hipster could ever be

>I'm a ____ and...

Attached: 1516312030585.jpg (766x1080, 853K)

im jazz

These pigs won't let him detransation in order not to subvert their narrative

he's getting his dick ripped off on June 20th and replaced with an open wound, what a waste. coulda been a nice trap

>Bjork
>Kanye
>The Beach Boys
Then I kind of listen to Julia Holter, Bowie, Daft Punk, The Smiths and ABBA. Am I hipster, Sup Forums?

Do plebs exist? That's next at 11

I actually wish I had never been against hipsters, that I ever thought they were a bad thing was stupid on my part.

i doubt this is a real person
rateyourmusic.com/images/all?assoc_id=386621&type=u

Is this the proto-hipster band that everyone later copied when choosing animals for a band name? I bet this pretentious, clueless character called Gira had no clue that they'd picked one of the most grumpy and aggressive birds in the animal kingdom. (Swans are pecking each other violently literally all the time, and just watch them chase little kids!) They probably were aiming for "elegance", since the band makes such "ethereal" music or whatever. Kids, never confuse boring with ethereal, they're really not synonyms in any way at all. So "Swans" it was, coz "Hippos" just doesn't have that poise about it in quite the same way.
Then again, just how much education and general knowledge might one expect from a convicted drug-dealer? Gira actually spent over four months in an Israeli jail (as a teenager!) for trafficking drugs. I mean, how fucking dumb can you get? "Oh, but he was young, foolish", I can already hear the politically-correct apologists make excuses. Oh really? Well, I was young once too, yet never had a single run-in with the law. (I was much smarter about my drug deals than Gira, that's why.) Not all young kids get into that kind of trouble, simply because not all of us are quite as stupid (and lazy/greedy for a proper job) as Gira.
A hipster acquaintance of mine many years ago recommended this band to me. (He wore army boots, had long hair despite balding heavily, large glasses, and felt very superior to most people - except me. Maybe that's why he felt I was "worthy" of being converted into a hipster? Fat fucking chance of that, but he didn't know me that well. (Admittedly, I didn't even know about hipsterism back then.) What would he say if he saw this list? No doubt he'd curse a bit then compose himself, grin, then make a witty observation.)

I'm asian