ITT

ITT

user posts a picture, others try to guess the budget.

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/7-Reasons-Why-Civil-War-Airport-Scene-Marvel-Best-Action-Scene-Yet-130367.html?story_page=2
is2.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

100 g's

About 5m?

was Robert Downey Jr in it? If so, then at least $50m

can of lilt and a caramac

>those character rights
>that well known actress

Substantial, I'm guessing.

two bucks

Did they really pay all these big names for a cameo in Agents of Shield or is this from an actual movie?

Close, but no cigar

cinemablend.com/new/7-Reasons-Why-Civil-War-Airport-Scene-Marvel-Best-Action-Scene-Yet-130367.html?story_page=2

>It's Funny, Yet Also Thrilling
From the moment that negotiations fail to prevent the ultimate duel of the heroes, Captain America: Civil War’s grandest fight scene doesn’t hold back. The action packed thrills are turned to 11 throughout, with every moment radiating adrenaline, and a bit of sadness – as this is a fight no comic fan would ever wish on their favorite fighting force. That said, the Russo Brothers, as well as writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, don’t let the solemnity of the situation get in the way of some well-placed humor. Most specifically, the sequences with Spider-Man taking on Bucky and The Falcon manage a perfect balance between destruction and comedy, promising that Peter Parker’s future exploits might reflect more of the same. It’s perfect material to soften the audience up, right before the heartbreaking finale surprises everyone.

in all seriousness why not shoot this some place interesting?

the chase through the market at the start was interesting (if kind of cliched)
did the russo bros lose more and more control of the film as it went on??

They're not even hiding their corruption anymore.

This TV-rate capeshit praised higher than even some geniune masterpieces.

HOHO NONONONO

Apparently they managed to hire Spidey at the last second so they reshot Spidey's scenes in a green screen environment.

It's completely fucking retarded I know. Russo brothers don't have much artistic integrity. They just throw in whatever shit Disney tells them to.

Fucking goblin

I think they did a decent job in Winter Solider
and the early parts of Civil War were good (minus the cringy CGI hologram Tony and Parents section)
then it just gets worse and worse and worse

You were right about one thing, Master. The negotiations were short.

2500000 pennies

that's a big budget

>so they reshot Spidey's scenes in a green screen environment.
That wasn't the only thing they reshooted.
Apparently they shot most of the airport battle at an actual airport, but at that point Marvel hadn't yet closed the Spider-Man deal with Sony. So once they got the thumbs up to include him, they had to reshoot a big part of it in front of a green screen in the Atlanta set, so I guess that explains the GCI being so obviously rushed and sloppy for a blockbuster. They also decided to change Spider-Man's costume in post, which is why he's entirely CGI is a lot of shots during the fight.
They should have done an stand-alone adventure about Cap searching Bucky. This is what happens when you let TV directors handle big events.

One and a half Eric Roberts?

for jew

about tree fiddy

This whole thing sounds so fucking retarded. Holy shit Marvel what the fuck are you doing?

Why do the Marvel films lack colour?

Incompetent TV directors in charge who are in it for some quick bucks.

This has been a thing since before the Super Russo Bros though.

10 million tops

STOP THE CUTS JESUS CHRIST MAKE THEM STOP

Are these real?

is2.Sup Forums.org/wsg/1483584793719.webm
Today, I will remind them.

Does anyone else think Spidey looks so out of place in this pic?

I mean he's so tiny and skinny compared to those other dudes.

terminal - team deathmatch

quip and take prisoners, comrades

woah, so this is the power of sitcom directors

ITT
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Man either RDJ is really sick of this shit and they are paying him everything they have or some investor got scammed with the budget of this trash

This is the kind of bullshit studios will always try to pull if you let them get away with it. The problem in this situation is that the director has no backbone, or they've just set him up in a situation where he has literally no power.

Studio execs are just a bunch of business majors with no real understanding of how filmmaking works. So it's easy for them to just toss out suggestions like "Yeah let's add SPidey!!!!" "Let's change his suit!!!" "I think SPidey should be in that fight scene, let's green-screen him in!!"

This is the part where a real director would say "No, that's not the film we agreed on, we've already scripted, storyboarded & filmed the whole thing without Spider-Man, it'd be a mistake to change it now." It's obvious that the Russos just never spoke up with that. They're probably just so grateful to have such a high-profile directing job that they'd do ANYTHING the studio told them to. It probably doesn't even occur to them that they have a choice.

Yes. Go read the CW reviews on RT if you want to lose faith in the media.

>Holy shit Marvel what the fuck are you doing?

Just making the most successful shared universe movie franchise in history.

Anyone can do it.

Except DC

Because he's a teenage boy.

What movie?

I dont see what you're seeing at all. He looks like Spider Man climbing a building.

They hire people like the Russo bros so they can micromanage that. They know they only have one formula and it only works really well with Robert Downey Junior. Nothing without him has been a true hit. If they let the directors move away from that, anything can happen. They fired Wright mid production which is almost unheard of, that's really fucked up budget and production wise, but they didn't give a fuck. The only movie with a chance of being different became the most cookie cutter of them all.

Marvel is just sticking to what works for them and they are going to do it while it lasts. The moment RDJ gets tired for real and tells them to fuck off, the MCU has its hours counted.

inb4 gotg2 makes a billion

Yeah you inb4'd Dr Strange making a billion too and here we are

How would you fix this shot Sup Forums?

Nobody expected Doctor Strange to make a billion user.

There's really nothing wrong with it considering it lingers for less than a second.
>movie is very popular
>all of a sudden everyone is le cynical film expert

my dick

make sure the sky is not overcast on the day of filming.

Better airport scene than CW.

The DCucks have been reduced to pouring over visual effects shots and fight choreography in order to try and criticise it.

Replacing the sky with a brighter/more colorful sky shot is one of the easiest things you can do in post-production. It's literally one of the first things you learn in any PhotoShop tutorial. So either this is the look they were going for, or they REALLY don't care how their shot looks

Oh come on. Sup Forums blows everything out of proportion, but that doesn't mean you have to lower your standards this far. When a $250-million blockbuster comes out looking as drab and half-assed as Civil War, people SHOULD complain.

Especially if you like Marvel films/comics, you should be pushing for better directors and just a little more effort all around. I don't understand why you'd keep blindly defending them as their work gets lazier and lazier. The Phase 1 movies were generally pretty damn good. They've been on a steady downhill slide since then

You dont know who I am, clearly you have some pent up issues to resolve toward anonymous people who have different opinions. The overwhelming majority of summer blockbusters look just as standard and no one pays their cinematography more than a second of attention. But as I said this one is more popular so all of a sudden everyone is an expert with "high standards" like you would say, I guess.

There is also some nice sets with good lighting and color grading, but of course no one brings them up because no one actually cares about critique, it's all shitposting with full knowledge that they are in the minority being argumentative to a majority. Which is why I dont take any criticism of the airport fight seriously when it's posted here. Also I dont see how you can say it went downhill from phase one when neither the Avengers, Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man had impressive cinematography in the slightest let alone good enough where that airport shot would of been out of place. Avengers is also the ugliest movie out of the whole line up and it's from phase 1. So if your criticism is how Civil War looks that is a pretty fucking stupid statement.

>those fucked up shadows

Every time. Literally I could do it better

>that they are in the minority being argumentative to a majority. Which is why I dont take any criticism of the airport fight seriously when it's posted here

Oh so now the Dark Knight Rises is one of the top achievements in the capeshit genre, since it's only in Sup Forums where it's criticized. Gotcha

One good frame in an ocean of shit doesn't mean the whole movie looks good.

What the fuck? However you arrived at that stupid conclusion only shows how pointless this conversation ultimately is. No, I don't believe that and that's not what I said, it was your idiodic interpretation. I'm sure whatever I say you're gonna be smug like you won an argument but i've already said my piece and don't care. My opinion on one subject is not a fact that can be applied to every context or movie ever, preference and enjoyment is not a science.

Nor did I say "the whole movie looks good, refute me"

>the majority liked the movie so I can't take seriously anyone criticizing it
>this only applies to the movies I'm paid to defend though

Nice, now fuck off. The plot of Civil War is still shit and the movie still looks like trash

My intention in writing that was to say the people criticizing are trying extra hard because of the movie's reputation, not that more people like it than don't so it can't be bad. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

3 Shekels

scene payed for itself by Arabian Airways.

Is it an ocean of shit though? Seems like the 15 minute airport sequence is all that people talk about.

Make a guess