Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZi2XneKu2o
factmag.com/2018/02/04/ambient-music-at-40-lawrence-english/
youtube.com/watch?v=ilKNAz7O6YU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

duuuuuuuuuuuude,

just like

chill out,, my man... good viiiiiiibes dude

Is that the new title of your Bandcamp album, faggot?

I like it.

i concur

The one person attacking it posts on Sup Forums

jump out the window and i'll tell you my defense. come on dooooowwwnnn, heeeerrrre.

Ambient music follows the futurist music tradition of experimenting with timbre but using this to create a dense atmosphere. Good ambient is rewarded with extensive listening as it has enough intricate qualities to interest the listener and to absorb them within it's atmosphere

not to mention when you hear the music that's NOT there

it makes good background noise.

i think its good to listen to while doing homework. melody-driven or rhythm-driven music distracts me

Brian Eno Ambient > your favorite album to listen to while walking in the morning

also some artists will have music where the album is a few hours long, or you can put it on repeat and not have it be noticeable or make a mix easily with ambient so it's continuous music. my plants like it. i play gas and celer and bengalfuel for my plants. there, i defended it. music to play for your plants. it soothes.

Which Ambient? 1 or the superior follow-ups?

> Implying anyone says it's good
I like it, I wouldn't say it's good, though. It's good background music and it's good to just put on if you want something to chill to.

Attached: eno ugh.jpg (1421x787, 106K)

yes you just said it wasn't good and then admitted why it's good

It's good

all of them :)
but mostly Apollo

I like it

there you go

The true red pill is that bad music is bad when there's no situation in which it is enjoyable

i use it for meditation. it has made my life better. i value it over all other genres. you should jump out the window, maybe you can fly on the wind of your own bullshit

kek

>music to play for your plants
Kek

plants listen to music and respond to it, and it affects how they grow and behave. it's all vibrations, baby. my cats enjoy it, too. they have healthier coats due to less stress.

Don't you ever fucking dis my favorite genre of music ever again you plebeian scum. Ambient music puts you in a mood of calmness and serenity not a lot of other music can. It brings you to places and paints worlds you visit with your imagination. The subtle sounds create life in your minds eye to a journey of whatever specific type of ambiance it is be it the sounds of a lost forest or the sounds of a dead city to the frozen wastelands of an alien planet. No other type of genre can have such amount of versatility and compatibility of what mood you want to achieve.

i rest my case
youtube.com/watch?v=mZi2XneKu2o

dude, unless you show me some scientific paper this is all bullshit

*tips*

MANIFESTO FOR THE FUTURE OF AMBIENT MUSIC

factmag.com/2018/02/04/ambient-music-at-40-lawrence-english/

it's great comfy music

how do you make ambient music? like, how do you structure it?

there are so many studies on this, you are being very silly. google it, there is an enormous amount of data supporting it. but one only need experience it for themselves.

Just do whatever the fuck you want nigga

Remember when Eno ripped off Videotape ~30 years before Radiohead did their version?

youtube.com/watch?v=ilKNAz7O6YU

If you are so positive in the research that supposedly exists, you should provide it.

>not understanding mood music
You should go outside and walk around some day, you'll understand the art of ambient sounds.

Attached: image.jpg (1081x810, 216K)

no, you are obtuse and willfully ignorant. you're close-minded. if you want to know, google it. the wealth of data is there. i don't need to look up fishing poles to prove you can catch fish. what do YOU want to know? go do your on research. you're on the internet, dummy.

You’re just dodging the fact that there are probably no reputable sources supporting your claims by telling me to look for it myself. You said there’s research and data. You know where it is. I don’t know where the fuck to look (because google search does not typically lead you to scientific literature).
So show me yourself.

i wish i could find some new videos of hers, specially in this thicc body

"Several studies have looked at this question, specifically how music effects plant growth. In 1962, Dr. T. C. Singh, head of the Botany Department at India's Annamalia University, experimented with the effect of musical sounds on the growth rate of plants. He found that balsam plants grew at a rate that accelerated by 20% in height and 72% in biomass when exposed to music. He initially experimented with classical music. Later, he experimented with raga music (improvisations on a set of rhythms and notes) played on flute, violin, harmonium, and reena, an Indian instrument. He found similar effects.

Singh repeated the experiment with field crops using a particular type of raga played through a gramophone and loudspeakers. The size of crops increased to between 25 to 60% above the regional average.

Through his several experiments, Singh concluded that the sound of the violin has the greatest effect on plant growth. He also experimented on the effects of vibrations caused by barefoot dancing. After exposure to dancers performed Bharata-Natyam, India's most ancient dance style, with no musical accompaniment, several flowering plants, including petunias and marigold, flowered two weeks earlier than the control."

...and on and on but it won't all fit here, this is just one site that cites some general info on studies done, but there are many more.

wow that is a beautiful song

Was that so hard? I really don’t give a fuck about this music plant crap but telling someone there’s a multitude of evidence out there without providing it is lazy and stupid.

has there been a study with this one tho

Attached: plantasia.jpg (500x500, 89K)

you're really a miserable person. that's why i resisted finding a source of data. because i knew you wouldn't give a shit. you're projecting, buddy, you're the one who is lazy and stupid. and cynical.

Against what? You haven't made any argument against it.

You’re a retarded faggot and the shit you provided is practically meaningless cosindering it’s not actually the actual scientific journal of the research, and rather a shitty pop-science website talking about. So why should I give a shit anyway when you were too lazy to find the ACTUAL scientific literature? Go fuck yourself hippy.

that box hits the wind and makes a whistling vibration as it flies. it's ambient. you made ambient. defend yourself.

the actual scientific literature is in pdf form and you're not going to read it, why on earth would i provide all that when you're a cynical nutjob? what i gave you is proof studies have been done, if you want to know more you know where to look. it's not a matter of being lazy. i am not going to work hard finding you the real stuff by scanning you my books, because you don't care. you're a nihilist looking for an argument and hating people who are peaceful and have a peaceful belief about their plants. damn, man. you need some ambient. relax.

She looks hotter now

Not him, but obviously he doesn’t read scientific papers or journals regularly. The way you laud the idea of a pop-science site and talk about actual scientific literature implies that you’re familiar with these ACTUAL scientific literatures. Which makes you a massive faggot, because it’s obvious you’ve never read a scientific journal in your life, other than maybe to cite a university paper you just copied off of Wikipedia anyways. Or maybe I’m totally off. But regardless, the way you’ve approached this retarded argument makes you look like a massive faggot.

I don't like it, it's objectively lazy and shitty music. There. Happy?

ambient 2 > other eno

>massive faggot
>retarded
when you guys are like this, it's easier to keep it simple and just post a quick site. this is mu, man. chill out.

Just bexause there has been research done on a topic doesn’t make it valid or reliable in any sense. That’s why you’re supposed to provide the actual literature so people actually know what to make of it.

wait till you see >her hairline

It's certainly the best of ambient Eno.

I can't articulate why I prefer certain ambient music, other than saying "I like it"

does this make me an ambient pleb

your argument is lazy and shitty. i'm not satisfied with it. you didn't put enough in it, and you look like a massive faggot. what you're saying is retarded, you have no argument against ambient. have you ever listened to one album in its entirety? i doubt it. you are just a massive faggot.

I'm plantasian

I will admit most of my experience with scientific journals has to do with my university work, but that doesn’t dismiss the fact that “research and evidence” should be backed up with the actual papers regarding the research.

no. it makes you based to say you like it and not even attempt to explain why. good job. keep it up. fuck these maniacs who just want to argue. they are full of hate.

i'm not fucking scanning papers just to show some shit about plants on a fucking Sup Forums board to satisfy some dickheads who hate ambient music and plants anyway.

Used those words at the end of the post in a sad attempt at irony. Guess it didn’t work...

Attached: 386CC8C0-C92D-4859-A54B-D4F657884092.jpg (605x778, 97K)

You shouldn’t have to “scan papers” if you’re apparently already seated of the research regarding it. If you’re not, then don’t mention it. Simple as that. Don’t talk out of your fucking ass If you can’t back it up you herbophilic faggot

man, you guys are easy to trigger. i don't have any papers. that's your own rage pointing at you. you guys are extremely over-the-top hate-filled with your attacks.

I personally find harsh noise is better than studying than ambient

Wonder what would happen if you played metal to the plants

Good post

Such as?

Not him, but I've studied to some Merzbow albums and Ov by Orthrelm

Ov in particular I listen to about once a year when I've got some big paper to write