What went so wrong?

what went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WFFgSu2fnGI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean yeah there are part of this movie that just simply don't hold up over time but the pacing is fantastic.

No QTKA

she's a uggo

The MacGuffin was shit when Indy should have went after the Necronomicon and against Nazi zombies. This is why The Mummy (1999) is the Indiana Jones sequel I always wanted. No Marion and instead a shrill annoying cunt. Irritating Asian kid. The action scene's deserved to be in a better movie!!!FACT!!!

lady only here bcuz she sleeping with director

Elsa is best girl

Everybody knows Willie Scott is best IJ Waifu.

lol no Sophia Hapgood is fine af

how to decide who my adventure waifu is...

id honestly pick willie

Seriously? The vain, annoying, loud chick that is never in any way useful?

Henry Jones sr is the absolute best companion

The screeching shrew genuinly ruins the movie in repeat viewings.

>The vain, annoying, loud chick
they're all like that...
>that is never in any way useful?
yeah marion or elsa were very helpful to indy too...

id fuck willie because shes the most realistic adventure waifu

>Not Sallah

don't ever talk to me again

i wish i could have a friend like sallah... fml

>yeah marion or elsa were very helpful to indy too...
Elsa was a scholar and as smart as Indy.
Marion was tough and didn't need saving.

>they're all like that...
No they're not.

>Marion was tough and didn't need saving.
wrong she needed saving through the whole film. she had spunk and attitude but that couldnt save her, even from beloch
>Elsa was a scholar and as smart as Indy.
she was also a honey pot that indy fell for
>No they're not.
yes they are.

im not saying all the comedy bits work or land for willie. i always felt her dialouge and the slap she gives indiy after he rescured her was shoved in there to make her look more independant and tough like marion, who was originally going to be in the movie.

from a looks standpoint and personal aesthetic, i would go with willie.

Its the weakest of the three indy movies... But that still puts it above most of its peers. Tearing out people's hearts, and the banquet with monkey brains and eyeball soup spooped the fuck out of me as a kid and are every bit as iconic as melting nazis or immortal templars.

>Its the weakest of the three indy movies...
on a technical level, yes. it feels sort of rushed or cheap, but from a story telling perspective and cinematic elements its the strongest. crusade was just raiders with more shit shoved in there and raiders is great as a stand alone film. but as an "indy" film, temple of doom is the best.

>that scene with all them insects

I may be the biggest idiot ever but i never knew this was a prequel? How did anyone figure that out from watching the movie?

its not really that consequential to the film

Tbh only Raiders holds up. Simply because it didn't try to be a comedy, it just had a few comedic bits. Temple of Doom had comedy that was just plain unfunny (Willie reacting to anything) and Last Crusade even had a comic relief character in Marcus Brody and Connery to a degree..

raiders suffers from having little to no comedy. its a straightfoward adventure film which is great exactly what it needs to be. temple of doom however is the whole package, the whole indy universe and i think its a quality film even if the humor is alittle cheap, dry, lame, etc

It is the Attack of the Clones of IJ movies, which is why i like it. It doesn't let up, and it's fun.

bait? attack of the clones is awful. never compare it to temple of doom again, you neanderthal retarded fuck

Temple of Doom is maximum comfy.

If I recall correctly all the movies tell you what year they're set in. Not that it really matters much for Temple of Doom though.

Yeah that offended me a great deal.

i feel personally slighted that someone bothered to type that out

>marion, who was originally going to be in the movie.

But Temple was set before Raiders and it was established that Indy hasn't seen Marion for many years.

I had absolutely no idea whatsoever that Temple of Doom was a prequel.

INDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nigga, chilled monkey brains are the fucking shit, I don't know why you guys dog the Temple so god damn much.

it wasnt going to be set before raiders originally

The year it takes place in. It doesn't matter, though.

Subtlety is completely lost on the morons of this website.

I didn't say ToD was 'equivalent' to Attack of the Clones in quality ; i used an analogy to say something about the spirit of each film. Go watch Hardcore Pawn or Ice Road Truckers if you can't help but take only the most absolute literal interpretation of a sentence straight to your pea-sized brain, something more your speed.

im going to say this nicely

attack of the clones is in no way the "spirit" of a film like temple of doom you panzy ass fruit fuck

the nerve that you would go so far as to compare or relate that piece of shit film to one as iconic and fun as temple of doom is beyond me

go get in a crash crash

car* crash

im so livid that you would make such a statement is throwing me off, its like a sock to the stomach

please, stop existing

The two films can be compared, actually, both being part of the greater oeuvre of George Lucas, and that exists independent of your feelings, you impertinent little whelp. But again, we're getting out of your realm, which is more "Operation Repo" and "Lizard League Towing". Go play CSGO and squeal at Russians, get in your own crash crash. and stop being annoying.

>The two films can be compared, actually, both being part of the greater oeuvre of George Lucas,
you are this retarded

you can loosly compare them, sure, except both films are directed by two different people with two different ideas about stylizing action and adventure.

please go on and pontificate more like the jackass you are

you like attack of the clones. you are a loser. no one likes you

Tried to be dark and funny at the same time

If we take a look at the wikipedia page for ToD, what do we see ?

>Lucas made the film a prequel as he did not want the Nazis to be the villains once more.

>Lucas came up with ideas that involved a religious cult devoted to child slavery, black magic and ritual human sacrifice.

>Huyck and Katz spent four days at Skywalker Ranch for story discussions with Lucas and Spielberg in early-1982.[3] They later said the early plot consisted of two notions of Lucas': that Indy would recover something stolen from a village and decide whether to give it back, and that the picture would start in China and work its way to India.

George Lucas created the Indiana Jones character. He wrote the story for TOD. Many of the key creative choices that resulted in the final film are consequential of George Lucas's decision making process. To suggest his influence is this neglible just because AotC makes you sperg out is not just stupid, it's *factually incorrect*.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No-one over 14 would conflate appreciation of a song or a movie with "popularity." Only someone in middle school would see the world throught that kind of prism. And no-one's 'pontificating' here but you, "If u lyk ___ then u r stupid n shld kill urslf." Take that shit to Tumblr, and tell your mom I'll see her tonight.

PART TIME

came up with the idea =/= directed the film

you're try hard and an embarrassment.

"You're try hard" ... ? Come on, dude, you can do better than that.

I didn't say anything about him directing the film, i said the films are comparable. Fuck. Stahp.

I was reading about this. I guess this was around the time Lucas was going through the legendary divorce. This was behind a lot of the darker themes, shrill depiction of women, and specifically a villain who will literally tear your heart out.

Makes your neurons spasm

triggered and the films arent comparable, moron.
>theyre dark so that means theyre alike! me smart! me know filmmmaking!

Hahaha yep. And Spielberg : it's where he met Kate Capshaw, of course, and he was splitting up with Amy ... i can't remember her name, his previous wife - at the time.

Shhh. See if you can find "You're try hard" in this. Do your homework, boy.

pathetic.
stop trying so hard acting condescending.

take the L

Ha. I'm not trying. I've been berating the living shit outta you this whole thread since you so rudely started this yourself. I argued my point, I provided evidence to back it. You're not interested in that, and all you say each time is variations on "hur dur u yo'ure dum kil urself."

cry more

"Marcus Brody knows 10 languages,has an IQ of 200, had contacts across the globe. He's long gone, pal."

Next scene shows him wandering the streets asking everyone for help.

GOAT

Too many poos, not enough killers of Jews.

She is a whore, though

Like you wouldn't jump at the chance to fuck sean connery and harrison ford

>suffers

That's what's so good about Raiders. It actually maintains a tone. Temple of Doom is all over the place and Last Crusade too.

I have seen every Indy film (apart from 4) countless times and this never fails to make me kek.

lack of threat is what some critics have pointed out and after thinking I have to agree.
Indy started out as bad-ass and stayed that way the whole time, never really seemed like he was struggling.

Also that damsel in distress was super annoying, I wanted her to die so much the whole time.

>Amrish Puri dies 12 years ago
its been that long
I'm a poo btw
KAALI SHAKTI DE

>never really seemed like he was struggling.
He gets brain washed and voodoo'd

>Half the movie is random gross-out gags with Willie and Short Round running around screaming.
Shit gets old, familia.

Because you cant have a kid AND a annoying girl in the same movie i

and yet having seen this film three times many years ago I don't recall that at all.

All I remember is that woman screaming.
is kind of right there, two characters for the same function. One of them needs to go.

why not?

Short Round is fucking awesome.

we can all agree that (pic related was the best scene in the whole movie)

youtube.com/watch?v=WFFgSu2fnGI

also what happend to Short Round after the Temple of Doom?

>also what happend to Short Round after the Temple of Doom?
He went to the USA and joined the Goonies.

He settled in Oregon and had grandchildren by the 80's, some kid who invents bullshit

ToD is the true deepest patricians choice of the Jones series

MAH NIGGA

>there will never be an Indy film based on Fate of Atlantis
>we got Kingdom of the Ayylmaos instead

Nope
The best sequences of ToD are the titles/intro/Club Obi Wan/Indy entrance/poisoning/escape to the plane. Toppest of kino.

i hated every single indy movie except raiders which i consider to be one of the greatest films of all time

You're the only one who responded to this. We are on an Under-14's K-Pop Appreciation forum, and i wonder how much FoA is remembered.

I wouldn't mind checking it out again to see how it's held up. I've found those old LA adventures were paced to, uh ... like when you go back and play them as an adult you know what to do, and they seem short. When you're 12 and playing them, they last longer because you can be stuck on a puzzle for days.

I wonder how fans would take Nur-Ab-Sal and all that shit ? The Nazi's turning into deformed goat people ? Would that be embraced more than the Ayy's ?

Raiders is really shitty though and Indy is useless to the plot

Nothing, prequel Indy is best Indy

As far as point and click adventures go, FoA holds up great. You can get it on Steam or Gog for fairly cheap.

I think what makes Jewish magic melting Nazi faces more acceptable than ayy lmaos is that Nazi actually did look for Biblical things, and there were Biblical/ancient stories of those sorts of consequences happening. Yet everything remained in standard fiction.
Kingdom went full blown science fiction in the final act. As well as god awful CGI and Shia Labeouf running the rest of the movie.

TRIPLE DOUBLE

The mummy's pacing is fucked nowhere near the spielbergian trio masterpiece

I wanted to get it on the Wii a couple years ago, it came with 'Staff of Kings'.What happens when you buy an old game via Steam or GoG ... do you still run it through the likes of DoSBOX ? Or is it pre-emulated somehow ?

I think the Aliens are defensible - ie they have their roots in that 'Chariots of the Gods/Lobsang Rampa' stuff that was part of both 50s counterculture and pulp fiction - but i understand why people didn't like them.

I'lll have to check out the movie again.

Yep, it's emulated. I have it on GoG. It's super easy to use. I think it's F5 to open up the emulator menu to save, load, or exit whenever you want.

Well, that's cool. One extra step out of the way.

Your opinion is shit and you should feel like shit.
Fuck off Sup Forums

I SAID NO CAMELS!

My only gripe is that this doesnt add up for Indy. Why would he help some poor tribe get their magic stones back. Dont they belong in a museum

There's a line in the movie where he says. "They'd just be collecting dust there" the point is saving the village is a noble goal which makes us side more with indy

i think he was doing it more for the kidnapped children

all over the place is good though. i mean it doesnt work all the time but i like variety in my adventure movies. i love raiders dont get me wrong i went through a period where i thought it was better than temple of doom, but no, i think temple is superior. and this may just be nostalgia talking but when i saw the trilogy on vhs for the first time, temple of doom always stuck out to me the most. the characters, the lines, etc everything.