So was this any good?

So was this any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IEpZltzkpxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Solid movie. Theres some dumb shit in it that stops it from being great though.

Plus dan Stevens is GOAT actor.

If they cut the whole super soldier bullshit it would have been great

spot the plebs

the 3rd act shift and escalation of craziness was the point of the movie

I fuckin' loved it but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Definitely the best of the 80's Revivalist movement.

I thought it was great, and a potential comfy-tier as it ages.

the first 3/5 was, the rest not so much

This. It didn't need to be explained.

it's absolute kino

Pretty damn good thriller before the 3rd act.

I Guest

It's one of my favorite movies in recent years. IMO it's nearly perfect. The pacing is spot on as the tone shifts multiple times. It's easily in my top 10.

Dan Stevens is pretty cool in this. Could be the next Bond desu

Agree with anyone that says this is the best of 80s revival.

>dan stevens firing on all cylinders
>top tier throwback soundtrack
>carpenter-inspired cinematography
>Lt. daniels is the secret program's HNIC
>It Follows chick looking her best
>the climax takes place in a high school haunted house maze
>again, amazing soundtrack

The shot at the end of this clip is when I realized that this movie was something special.

youtube.com/watch?v=IEpZltzkpxI

Solid 5/10

Fuck, this movie gives me butterflies thinking about how great it is.

I forgot what he said after the kid stabbed him at the end but I remember it made me kek hard

Meh movie, great soundtrack

You did the right thing

I don't blame you

Don't feel bad.

Have you made this comment in a Guest thread before? If you haven't then I'm going mental.

Loved that pseudo-transition.

The scene after she accused him of lying when she storms into her room and he comes in later is very nicely acted.

the blonde bitch reminds me of Michael Shannon for some reason and I can't enjoy her

When that music started playing as he was rolling the grenades into the restaurant I laughed so hard I had to pause the movie.

Favorite scene in the movie, I know it was straight-up wish fulfillment but it was so fun I didn't care

They really nailed the tone in this movie, it was funny without ever being LOL SO AWARE

Had potential, too much stupid shit in it.

Elaborate so I can laugh at you

>her saying "good night" multiple times and just standing there staring at him

You will NEVER make any girl this dripping wet and desperate for your dick.

And I love the ending. They flat out tell the protagonist and the audience that the antagonist is still alive. None of that shit where they say "we didn't find a body" and just end it there and none of that shit where the antagonist is later found alive by some random person.

The fucking turn he does with that menacing look in his eyes like Dennis Reynolds getting ready to >implicate a chick, her going "what the fuck", and the cut to the title with that song kicking in fully was a spectacular ending.

I went to see Blair Witch because of this movie and You're Next. I can't believe how bad that one was.

>that feeling when a girl is all over your cock the second you met her

Blair Witch wasn't that bad. It just shouldn't have been made

this
the movie turned from okay to interesting

it's trash, one of the few movies I had to stop watching because how bad it was.

awful meandering shit

Reddit-tier garbage.

don't know how that feels tbqh

It's exactly the type of ending a horror movie should have. After being terrorized by the antagonist for so long, the protagonist believes their ordeal is over. And then they realize it's not and they have to live in constant fear of their next confrontation with the antagonist.

that scene where she's in her bedroom and he's just sitting staring out the window is 10/10

>HAUNTED BY YOUR SOUL
It just works so fucking WELL

Start lifting

it's decent

Blair Witch just really fucked up on the character work. I think about it now, it's actually pretty well-made and the lore was cool. I just...if you don't give me any stakes I'm not gonna be particularly concerned.

Tumblr Hair's death by stick figure was pretty great though.

You have to realise it's a comedy in order to really enjoy this

So many people take it at face value as an unironic slasher film and completely miss the humour in it

>his antics at the high school party
>his face when he rolls the grenades into the cafe
>his egging on the kid to be violent
>the intense stares
>the subtle threats
>that ending

10/10

You have to be a literal autist if you don't understand that it was going for comedy in several aspects

Yeah, where do you think we are?

I liked it. Nothing particularly special about it, but it managed to have a fun campy feeling to it which was pretty great.

Only reason I watched it was because I was told it was a horror comedy.

The grenades scene fucking killed me.