How long until the 00s is fetishized like the 90s and 80s?

How long until the 00s is fetishized like the 90s and 80s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fblr_y3fuQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

edgy pic brah

within the year

How long until an alternate history movie where radical Americans hijack a plane and fly it into the great mosque of Mecca and the world reacts to the aftermath

Its already starting in terms of /fa/

there is that nicolas cage 911 movie already

There was a thread about it yesterday
>it has already begun

What has been different about the 10's from the 00's other than more technology? Serious question.

The only thing that's worth mythologizing from that period is the Rock and Rap scenes that came from it, disregarding nu metal. Nothing else is salvageable or even remotely worth getting nostalgic about.

Probably like 10 years, which is weird becuase the 00's were kind of trash, but that might just be my personal bias.

Cynicism has finally become explicitly mainstream

I enjoyed the years 00-05, it peaked around 07/08 then never recovered. Everyone using social media and phones more after the Credit Crisis happening in 07 is kind of like how they just buried their heads in sand and hoping the problems go away and fix themselves.

Maybe the Obama years as a form of clinton years 2.0. I can't think of anybody who has any fond feelings for the Bush Jr. admin.

00's emo/pop punk i.e. my chemical romance, greenday------>10's hip hop kanye, drake

The music is representative of the culture

There was no good rock at all in the 00's. Some of the stuff is fun for nostalgia value if you were a teen at the time, but all rock from that decade mainstream and indie is shit and not worth mentioning.

I'm way too young to really remember the 00's that well but looking back on it, I think of bush, shitty nu-metal and awful fashion trends.

Kanye was at his peak in the 2000s, dumbass whiteboi.

90s were god tier.
The internet and 9/11 ruined real life tbqh

SOME

>tfw I already feel nostalgic for the 2000's

Revivals of a decade usually start at the beginning of the next one.
I remember a huge push for 80s nostalgia in 2002/2003.
Same for 90s in 2011/2012.

>00s pop punk
Maybe if you were a child. The 00s is when indie rock and southern hip hop dominated and then effectively died within that decade. The 10s are currently the edm and west coast years.

It always takes 20 years famm.

In the 70s we had happy days for 50s nostalgia

In the 90s we had that 70s show

In the 2000s we had the gold bergs for the 80s

And now in the 10s we have fresh off the boat

You must be over 18 to use this site.

Never, it was the worst decade in human history.

I'm almost 22

people born 99 are 18 now bro

That happened in 2005.

Maybe but not to the level it is today.

Jesus, I'm feeling kinda old

The 90's had SHIT fashion though.

That was just 80s spillover. People started dressing normally in 96.

>we are closer to 2025 than we are to 2005

>we are closer to 2035 than we are to 1998

Indie was a fun scene to grow up in especially if you were involved with it directly in some form or another. Really though it was a genre that existed as mental escapism from the neocon complex.

not dressing like a gay is perfectly fine

>we are at the halfway point between 1975 and 2060

8YEARS
Y
E
A
S

I would watch that

>someday someone will be nostalgic for the pre-trump years

I wish he was still around

^>Eminem will never be good again

>my birth was closer to empire strikes back than the first spidey to the current year

>they're all mexicans, niggers, sandniggers, kikes, faggots, and cunty old cat ladies

Wait, you guys don't remember this gem from the talented visionary behind Fargo?? Truly ahead of its time.

youtu.be/fblr_y3fuQ8

He was never good to begin with

Hmm you're right

The post 9/11 period feels like a constantly expanding black hole.

It'll all be over soon

Dog bless best korea.

They already act like that happened.

When kids born in 00 or later start going
>Us 00s kids

why would jews hate trump? israel can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want again

00 was such a shit decade. awful music, even worse fashion and mostly trash films. '10 is shaping up to be far more terrible although possibly more exciting

all I remember about the '00 was will smith doing some gay jiggy with it song dressed in silver

What happened that you don't remember more?

it won't be the same. the 80s and 90s are perceived as happy, prosperous decades. I think 80s nostalgia in particular is a unique phenomenon because it was the last time american pop culture was overwhelmingly white (even music). the 00s are more like the 70s. defined by a failed war and then economic turmoil.

when you think about it, most of the 70s media that people love isn't that strongly associated with the 70s. something more iconic like 70s disco is either reviled or extremely niche (early 80s synth disco less so). 70s counterculture has been absorbed by 60s in cultural memory. instead you just have a lot of good movies and good music made in the 70s, not a unifying aesthetic that a lot of people try to recreate

the 00s will never be the nostalgic fantasy world that the 80s has become

There will never be another album like Funeral senpai

i don't think it will. no one idolizes the great depression, or the vietnam war, and the 00s have variations on both.

what do you want my life story? I just dont remember anything significant I think I had stopped listening to music entirely for several years around that point so that's probably why will smiths millennium thing stood out

what if we're slipping into an era like the 1800's where things continue to be the same for a long time. there's no law saying big changes have to happen every decade right

There's two types of jews.

Why did you post that. You're not allowed to post that picture.

no we're nearing the end of the last global economic scam, when that happens there will be renewed growth. Though maybe the changes in computers wont be as large as vacuum tube -> microchips instead maybe robotics and genetic engineering will be ones making leaps

>what if we're slipping into an era like the 1800's where things continue to be the same for a long time
That was preindustrial, premodern and nobody cared enough to ruminate about the zeitgeist.

The Goldbergs came out in 2013

People are much more well dressed in the 2010s

>because it was the last time american pop culture was overwhelmingly white (even music)

That's true. And if you look at mainstream music back then ( or close to ) and compare, you notice both a genre line - rock is king - and a color line.

People idolize the fashion and films of the 1930s, and the 1960s had way more things going for it than Vietnam, you asswipe

how old are you fag? Obama wasnt even near Bill Clinton in terms of being a quality president. Obama is closer to W than Bill

It's weird, watching pre-9/11 movies and seeing the Twin Towers. Odd seeing what was basically the most iconic establishing shot for New York just be completely re-contextualised.

It already is

>people are more well dressed in [current decade]

In my opinion in the next decade we will have minor movements inspired by the gritty edgyness of the post 9/11...maybe something a bit ironic like now we do with the 90's.
By the way I wonder if this darkness of the 00's (at least the first part) was actually caused by the 11 september.

>Pic related, depression, darkness and edgyness incarnate (but I appreciated it)

What stupid point are you trying to make? That we look worse than the 00s? Because you're fucking wrong

>There are people who are 16 now that we're born after 9/11
Can you fucking imagine?
>9/11? Oh yeah, we learned about that in history class today

It'll be 16 years this September. Can't you count?

What will the 2020s look like Sup Forums senpai

>I think 80s nostalgia in particular is a unique phenomenon because it was the last time american pop culture was overwhelmingly white (even music)

I have no idea why you're bringing race into this rather than a general sense of optimism thanks to the economy, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston were the highest selling artists of that decade.

'Future-Marxist' or the 'iRevolution'.

>a series of unfortunate events

British invasion was better really

FUTURE SAILORS

The 1992-2007 period is the absolute best you can get
>technology good enough but not zombifying like smarthphones
>pre-normalfag pre-mass social media internet
>people still went outside
>all that kino
>all dem tv series
>cold war over, future looked bright
>comfy bill/dubya
>subcultures actually existed
Then Obama, Facebook and memes came and, well, we have the current situation. Nobody's going to have nostalgia for the '10s because they were shit and nothing happened (just like the "70s).

nice girl pants you guys are wearing

I really enjoyed the early 00s. Even the aesthetic was pretty tasteful. A lot better than the shit we currently have. Late 00s is where it started going to shit.

Not sure what faggots you hang out with, but that isn't the case by and large

Social Media ruined everything, but it was inevitible.

It's fundamentally changed the way we communicate. Everyone's perpetually 'on show'. It's facilitated division and Internet Balkanization, the rise of the Nu-Left and the Alt-Right ... but it was always going to happen because it allowed for the Civilization of the Internet.

If we went to Mars tomorrow, the same thing would happen : maybe 10 years in these tiny little communities would bump and jostle as all those cultural and political fundamentals - race, gender, sex - were renegotiated and reinvented by the fledgling Martian colony for a new age.

>Nobody's going to have nostalgia for the '10s because they were shit and nothing happened (just like the "70s).

I think they will. It'll date the same way bellbottom jeans did : and we'll attend fancy dress parties and Halloween as "SJW's", just as we do "hippies".

00s will be remembered as the decade of clean pastel colors, soft music and population that isn't just effeminate, but effeminate in a cat lady kind of way.

10s will be remembered as an aggressive response to that with bright main colors, saturated visuals, darker brooding music and mostly confused but clearly angry population worldwide. Basically, as a culture we went from Wes to Refn.

Both of those aesthetics were established in the second halves of the decades though.

How on this god given earth did they represent being a pre-teen/teenager in early 00s decade so accurately?

it already is
you might even see some threads on Sup Forums about how great the 00s internet was

Because it was made in the early 00s.

how do I learn to appreciate and enjoy the 10s? everything is confusing to me now. I feel like an old man who yearns to go back to his childhood. in 20 years I'll probably even get nostalgic for 2017. I'm never able to enjoy the moment.

>more depressive comedies that center a flawed MC trying to redeem him/herself

>the eric andre show bootlegs

>SJW cartoons poping up more and more

Don't talk shit. Filhty imperialist infidels.

>to Refn
Actually Refn visually describes the '10s style perfectly, just like how Smashmouth and highschool comedies describe the early '00s

Malcolm too. It's quintessential 00s kino.

The key to enjoying current moment is understanding that this is the youngest and the healthiest you will ever be from now on.

yep.

I would agree with equating Refn's films to highschool comedies.

But it never once felt like
>how do you do fellow children?

>2001
>2002
>2003

Were all good years, that's when everything turned to shit