Series of Unfortunate Events

Thoughts? 2 episodes in and I'm liking it

is it a book per episode?

It was good, no point in making a thread though. It will just be overrun by pedos in no time.

book per 2 episodes

I quite liked it, having never read the books though I am concerned about where they are going.

I've read a lot of fan fiction in my day, and whenever boarding school arcs happen -- shit gets weird and stagnates.

They'll have to change that soon. The last book is probably the size of the first 4 books combined.

The Austere Academy is just one book and it's good. It breaks up the formula the first 3 books have a bit. Another orphaned family gets mixed in so they finally have other people their age and as smart as them to interact with.

even if it is, there is so little text per page in these books that they are maybe 80 pages long if they would be printed as typical book.

True. I remember reading the first 4 in one sitting when I was a teenager.

Live action Carmelita Spats when
cakesniffers

Are they rivals? They're rivals aren't they?

Does Mr. Poe has throat/lung cancer?

>Spats

God damn I love those fucking things. I have no idea who you are talking about, but spats are god's gift to mankind.

No, they become the only people the Baudelaires can really trust in the entire series.

aww fuck...

Yeah, does he? I had a family member die from throat cancer and whenever Poe coughs it bugs the shit out of me.

Violet fucks one of them too`

Nope. 2 of the triplets are Violet's love interests.

I'm more worried about Nero. He's the most insufferable faggot in the entire series.

The Boarding School isn't really an arc, it's just another set piece like the lumber mill was, and they'll get out of it in presumably another two episodes if they get another season

Jim Carrey would be a great guest appearance as him

A few questions.

In the books is Lemony Snicket an actual intrusive narrator like he is in the show?

Also, is Count Olaf just a mini-boss?

And finally, in that photo that supposedly shows their parents... who in the photo is their parents?

As someone who read the books as a kid (and saw the movie), I was let down. Gave it 3 stars. They took too many liberties and it was so evident when and where they bloated the scenes to try and fill up a reasonable episode time.

NPH was only good in Olaf's disguises, but not Olaf himself since he made that feel like a disguise as well. The singing at the end made me want to give it lower than 3. I always like seeing Patrick Warburton and I like the way they inserted him in the various places as Snicket, but I feel like he doesn't have the voice for the part. I think I would've rather seen him as Mr. Poe since he gives a better impression of obliviousness.

The set design and color contrast was good. Justice Strauss and Uncle Monty were nice. There was too much unnecessary background shit to, again, bloat the run time. And I didn't like the shit they pulled like Sunny beating the hook-handed guy at poker to deliver her and the acting troupe showing up at the end of Reptile Room and Wide Window.

Why is Violet so cute

>In the books is Lemony Snicket an actual intrusive narrator like he is in the show?

Very.

For instance, at one point there's this character who uses the word "irregardless" a lot. Lemony puts the whole narrative on hold for about 3 pages while he explains how fucking stupid that is because irregardless isn't a word and explains why people who think it is a word are retarded.

He does this about 5 or 6 times per book. It's like he's conditioning kids to be nitpicky towards annoying adults.

If I remember right, Olaf or Olaf's parents are in that photo. I'm going totally off of memory here. Maybe it was Lemony and Kit Snicket though.

Oh and no, Olaf is the main threat for the entire series. He is absent for a couple books if I remember right though.

So who the fuck is going around killing everyone? Olaf was at the lumbermill when those other kid's parents were killed.

film was better.

hehehe

I'm finding it hard to get invested. I think it's well done but it's too much of a kids show for my taste. Not trying to sound like an edgelord, I just can't really relate to the kids and the adult characters are written with kids in mind. I watched four episodes, and I enjoyed them overall, but I've started watching Taboo and The Young Pope and just haven't felt the urge to go back.

The VFD is 2 separate organizations at this point in the story who basically don't do anything but attack and defend against each other. A lot of the killing is being done by Esme, Olaf's henchmen, and Olaf himself. Esme in particular also has a "fan club" who presumably carry out a lot of the fire starting.

And don't bother asking what the VFD even does. At this point, it's pretty much just a terrorist organization and a bunch of rich people playing super spy for no apparent reason.