When should I stop watching it?

When should I stop watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USGVaGfxnC4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

never you idiot

I just realized that he's the same actor who plays the tranny in Twin Peaks.

Doesn't it get shit after a few seasons?
I'm season one and loving it so far.

It never gets shit - it has a drop in quality, but there are always some fantastic episodes throughout. It gets better after season one anyway.

Seasons 6 and 7 drop. 8 and 9 pick back up. If you start something you should finish it to have an objective opinion. The revisiting with season 10 was underwhelming to say the least.

There's also two movies and a spin off series called The Lone Gunman that's worth watching.

>The revisiting with season 10 was underwhelming to say the least
True - but it at least gave us the Weremonster episode, which is one of the best episodes of the entire show, and this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=USGVaGfxnC4

>plebs don't like Dogget
not surprising

Didn't like him at first, but soon warmed up to him.

Funny. I think it's the worst of the series and that mushroom trip montage made me want to put a bullet in my head. It's everything I hated about what happened to the tone of the show in seasons 6 and 7.

Episodes 2 and 4 of season 10 were the only ones that I thought were any good.

You forgot Millennium too.

>In the premiere episode, which aired March 4, 2001, members of the U.S. government conspire to hijack an airliner, fly it into the World Trade Center, and blame the act on terrorists to gain support for a new profit-making war. The episode aired six months prior to the September 11 attacks.[

based

You think the Weremonster episode is the worst episode of the series? Series 10 or the entire show?

I can understand maybe not liking the mushrrom trip (though it's clearly the best part of that episode) but the Weremonster isn't like something you'd get in seasons 6 and 7, it's quite clearly is in the vein of episodes like Bad Blood and Jose Chung.

Hard to get into. I've had it downloaded for years but only watched an episode or two.

PREDICTIVE PROGRAMMING FROM THE NEW WORLD ORDER

I hated it. I might have some nostalgic bias towards Bad Blood and never cared for Jose Chung, but the Weremonster shit just annoyed me. X Files was at it's best when the tone was serious with dashes of comedy, not a silly comedy with dashes of seriousness.

>I hated it. I might have some nostalgic bias towards Bad Blood and never cared for Jose Chung, but the Weremonster shit just annoyed me. X Files was at it's best when the tone was serious with dashes of comedy, not a silly comedy with dashes of seriousness.
I agree that I prefer the serious tone, with a bit of lighthearted, but I also enjoyed the comedy episodes when they came along - since they were usually very well done.

I mean you at least had the Home Again episode being very serious/dark.

Season 10 was just off. All previous seasons had at least 19-24 episodes. 6 episodes just wasn't enough to do anything. It was a mess.

Season 10 is just a peek back into the xfiles. They had to test the waters to see if there's any interest like AMC did with walking dead

it was a mini series just a spinoff, maybe to see how it floats with current society and if its well taken and decide if they are gonna do some pass the torch kind of episode to kick it off again

>objective opinion
>objective
>opinion

>pass the torch kind of episode

If that's what the entire reason for introduced the B-squad Scully and Mulder was then they should have never ever done a season 10 at all.

8 and 9 are shit, don't listen to this guy

dogget's OK but reyes is fucking pukeworthy

when agent dogbiscuit takes over

also you can watch the reboot if you want, but be warned it sucks pretty hard aside from the goofy monster of the week episode

when cancerman has blackman killed

>watch xfiles
>andrea shows up

Watch most of the episodes from season one to season four, skipping episodes like "space" and "Teliko" and some others.

Then skip all the mythology episodes until the end of season 8.

Skip 9.

Watch the MOTW of 10.

When Scully's alien baby and shit starts showing up. I think it's in the latter half.

scully got some fat tiddies

Last week.

I disagree too. I didn't like the Weremonster ep and it felt like a pale imitation of a S5 or earlier funny episode like Bad Blood etc.

"What kind of episode you want senpai?"
Just vodoo my shit up

Same. The other chick was shit though

>reyes is fucking pukeworthy
She's hotter than Scully though

Duchovny was the one who insisted on only 6 episodes. He thinks that's the future of television.

Nobody with an IQ above room temperature can watch through and not grow to like Doggett. Obviously the loss of Mulder is a blow to the show, but they did an excellent job developing Doggett over his short time on the cast.

Seasons 1-4 are really good
5-7 are ok
8-9 are garbage
10 is an abomination

Basically you should watch it up until the movie and watch that and then don't watch anything after

the movie serves as a good end to the series, its a really good movie regardless if you were into the xfiles or not.

2nd movie is meh.

this

this is the end of the series

It took a big hit in quality when the filming moved from vancouver to LA

vancouver filming gave a really nice spoopy atmosphere to everything

im on season 2. Is there any episode better than the toilet monster one?

Seasons 3 and 4 are probably my favorites, your in for a lot of good eps.

Some favs:
Grotesque
Wet wired
Home
Unruhe
Paper hearts

Episode 4, the Trashman is the only decent episode of season 10.
You should watch everything, it can be a little slow at times but who the fuck cares.

the loch ness monster one is legit

IT'S BIG BLUE, SCULLY