Was Buffy actually any good...

Was Buffy actually any good? I've been going back and watching TV shows I missed out on but I'm not sure if Buffy is worth watching or if it's just nostalgia that makes people like it.

It doesn't look that great, but I also haven't seen an episode of it.

I watched it for the first time a couple months agi

It's definitely fun, I stopped enjoying it during the last season or two though I'm not sure why. Maybe at that point I should have been watching angel as well

It filled the void after I'd finished The X Files. Similar in the monster of the week style episodes. The first 3 seasons are legitimately good and it should have ended there, imo. Season 4 she goes to college, it's clunky at first, but gets a little better. I couldn't get past a few episodes of season 5, though. Quality drops significantly.

I only recently watched the first 2 or 3 episodes and I had never watched it before. Its not a show that immediately pulled me in but I could see it having a certain growing factor to it due to that cheesy 90's style show. What I am hesitant about is too much "Joss Whedonism" shit. The first few episodes where continuing the same basic story line so the premiere was pretty much three episodes. Will have to wait and see how it goes episode to episode if it becomes to vampire of the week or I there is an overarching plot to each season.

I watched the first 2 seasons years ago. Part of the reason I stopped watching because I realized I'd probably want to watch Angel too and realized the series would consume ungodly amounts of time. I'd say the first 2 seasons are definitely worth watching if you like Joss Whedon's pre-Marvel style.

It's good. The first season had some bad episodes but generally good, season two and three are good. Four was ok, new setting takes time to get used to. Haven't watched the rest yet. Angel's good too but I don't have enough time to watch both at the same time.

One of my favourites.

It certainly had a big impact on me, and on television in general at the time

The overarching plots become much more prevalent as the seasons go on. Season 1 is pretty Monster of the Week

>What I am hesitant about is too much "Joss Whedonism" shit

It's definitely toned down compared to his other stuff. Now, it mostly comes across as quirky late 90s early 2000s show.

>if it's just nostalgia that makes people like it

yeah boi it made your list and was incredibly popular ON RELEASE because of "nostalgia".

i'd give it a miss if i were you

Also been watching this recently, my mom really likes it, I was surprised that I found it quite enjoyable. I don't quite sit down and concentrate but it is a good background show. Comfy.

What...? lol.

You, to me, seem like you made a post that was silly.

it was pretty good
about the last feminist show that didnt go sjw
cant even imagine the shitshow a remake would be

no i was being sincere

also i thought the message was pretty concrete

Buffy the Patriarchy Slayer

I just am not sure if you are sarcastic or not lol

So terrible I am on my 7th full playthrough binge since Netflix 3 years ago.

it did have girl power but wasn't full-retard which made it watchable
also is buffy the most jewish show? buffy, willow, dawn, oz etc. all jews

D R O P P E D

That's not how nostalgia works, senpai. Plenty of shit things were popular with kids/teenagers that don't actually hold up years later.

thicc trachtenberg is best

>tfw no thick alyson or smg
>instead they became skellingtons

It's very easy to watch and the storylines generally draw you in. It's also genuinely funny and has some fantastic individual episodes, such as Hush!

If you don't enjoy season two you might as well call it a day there.