So my stupid british friend is complaining about brexit saying we lost trillions of pounds and that it won't be put...

so my stupid british friend is complaining about brexit saying we lost trillions of pounds and that it won't be put into place until two years time. How long is it going to take and how wrong is he.

>make petition to new referendum
>half the british population doesn't sign it

>"losing" speculative money

slap him for me Hans.

I'm pretty sure its the same thing with bernie in america. Internet goes batshit crazy over him and spreads on mainstream media how great he is whilst americans really don't care and vote for him just savy european teens. Same thing with this petition, it's going to be reddit users giving in a false postcode saying they are british citizens so they can make a change

i signed this ,so it has millions of votes and nothing happens,this will couse even more butthurt

>still caring about that petition

because I'm too drunk to write properly, im trying to say that people who aren't allowed to vote in this petition (non brits) are signing

not caring i just needed and image

From what I understand is that the whole process really does take 2 years. They have to rewrite trade deals and all that shit.

I can't imagine this will hold up since anyone can sign it.

MFW I realise there is a report saying most of those asking for that petition arent UK citizens.

dont poke holes in germanys ghey little scheme .its funnier to watch hans go around acting like 3 mil signatures means something

also its not going to take 2 years its as fast as it takes the Eu finalizes their departure. at that moment they have to deport non brits

it can't take more than two years to my understanding. as soon as they activate clause or article 50 they have a two year period

Reminder

Doesn't article 50 of the EU charter state that 2 years is the time a country has to leave when it evokes the right of sovereignty? 2years is the maximum, but it probably will take that long as the government rebuilds itself. As for wealth no, it didn't lose trillions, that's trying to throw world wide market losses on British shoulders, which is wrong.

you lost SHARES, not fucking money

is this real? it looks awfully fake

Yeah that sounds like it makes more sense. Knowing how governments drag their feet though they'll probably use that whole 2 years however

nice quads, but isn't the eu pressing to make it go faster, does this mean nothing

and hahahahaha holy shit, if this was you guys good job on voiding the petition

LOL good job lads!

wait what

Mine is fresh, they changed it in the meantime to the sum of all districts

too drunk to understand can you dumb it down a bit ahahahah

North Korea is actually a district of Bristol.
And the Vatican is in Wales.

ahhh okay

Even if we played by Germany's assumption here, he'd still be blown the fuck out.

Let's play a numbers game shall we? 17 million Britons voted out.

3 million signatures want a second referendum (hypothetically speaking these are ALL LEGIT UK CITIZENS)

That's still not enough to warrant a second referendum to even consider a win.

>b-but some voters regret their choice!

So? Other remainers have regretted their choice too, an ITV clip of a few shitskins saying "we regret voting leave" doesn't account for the 17 million others who were sure of decision.

At the end of the day, the moral of the story is; other countries on the internet signing petitions deciding another countries future sounds awfully un-democratic, fascist and inherently EU-esque to me.

Something the majority wanted out from.

So leave UK the fuck alone.

has any of these petitions ever worked?

Not what I meant, dumbfuck. You haven't been following this petition as long as me

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Check the data yourself.

then explain please I'm confused by this

barely. Best case scenario for them is parliament debates it and resoundingly shoots it down on the grounds that only a very very small percentage of those sigs come from British IPs and citizens.

This petition is just a fuckin' puff piece for the media who leaned remain to prop up their ratings and push their agenda to demonize the motion to leave.

BBC talked about it, skynews talked about it. Both hated the Leave movement.

They're using it to deliberately guilt voters of leave and to aggravate and radicalize remain voters to detest the next government which has now been laid at the hands of Boris Johnson. He has every right to be solumn about the win, he's been fed a big bag of problems that he now needs to solve with backing of both parties to re-establish the entire country's economy without Nigel Farage in the house, or any UKIP members.

The real battle for leave has just begun.

>The real battle for leave has just begun.
even though i was personally for remain, I'm really hoping that this goes very smoothly and quickly

inb4 fuck off, kys, fucking leftie

We are OUT, just fuckin accept it, Germany wants us out ASAP, there is no going back.

It wont. The EU fucking hates it, and they'll do everything they can to make sure Britain falls and crumbles under the pressure to an economic downturn for the mere act of being British; to be conservative and sovereign, an act of insult to Merkel and the EU.

They'll make sure they send the letter off ASAP, I think they have 2 years minimum, so it will be quick. But it won't be smooth, the only way it'll be smooth is if the government knuckles down and says: we need to figure this shit out right away before we sign off so we can be prepared once we're on our own.

This requires co-operation from all sides, and whining about losing the decision from the remain camp only serves to be petty and destroy your own country from resentment.

I have a question.

Why are there more UK signatures than signatures all together?

Really makes you think

thats what i was asking before, its more votes than the whole petition currently has?

Yeah, the petition has ~3.1 million signatures. But, it's showing that ~3.8 million signatures are from the UK.

How many of those signatures are actually from the UK?

3.8 million are from the UK of the 3.1 million total

(((((((((((((((((((((from the UK))))))))))))))))))))

>so my stupid british friend is complaining about brexit saying we lost trillions of pounds and that it won't be put into place until two years time.

That's the reason the 3rd world is the 3rd world - because they're not part of the EU and thus lose trillions annually. The first world non-EU countries like Japan, Switzerland, Australia etc might seem prosperous but the reality is that they'd have cured death and colonized Alpha Centauri if it wasn't for their handicap of not being in the EU.

how does this make any sense? how are there more signs from the uk than the petition has.

are you scared brexiters? are you worried your achievement will soon crumble to dust? are you terified?

you should be ;)

More to this, I noticed a while back during the early days the poll numbers on the side suddenly reduced by ~20k.

The count on the site may be broken, or it only includes verified results. Seriously, who the fuck knows? I didn't make the bloody site.

The JSON data is messed up is because someone manually added/edited vote tally from United Kingdom. Probably messed up the normal functioning of the back end.

democracy hahahaha, probably cameron tampering with it himself

Fucking brilliant. We need it to reach 100 million signatures all signed by different popes.

BECAUSE THE RIDE NEVERENDUMS!

Idk how to do that

What the fuck did you think was going to happen by leaving the common market? This is ECON 101.